Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Helherron - a very addictive Nahlakh-like game

Lagi

Savant
Skills

Barbarian
+5 2-hand sword, 2-h axe, mace/club, polearm, Toughness, kicking,
+4 sword, axe, dagger/knife, throw, hunting,
+3 staff, dual wielding
+2 bow, crossbow, shield, blacksmith, swimm, lockpick,
+1 blow pipe, Martial arts, steal, search, backstab, trade, dodge, stealth, magic, pray, aclemy, scribe, music, mind penetrate

Bard
+5 music
+4 trade
+3 sword, axe, mace, staff, polearm, dagger, throw, bow, xbow, MA, shield, hunt, search, lockpick, magic, mind pentration
+2 2-h sword, 2-h axe, dual wield, tough, kic, steal, backstab, blacksmith, swim, dodge, stealth
+1 blowpipe, prayer

fighter
+5 sword, axe, mace, staff, pole, dagger, throw, bow, xbow, dual wield
+4 2-h sword, 2-h axe, shield, tough, kick
+3 hunt, backstab, swim, dodge, locks,
+2 MA, search, blacksmith, stealth
+1 blowpipe, steal, magic, prayer, alchemy, scribe, music, mind pen

mage
+5 magic, alchemy, scribe,
+4 mind pen
+3 trade,
+2 staff, hunt, search, swim, dodge, locks
+1 rest combat skills (apart from staff), tought, kick, steal, backstab, smith, stealth

merchant
+5 trade
+4 sword, axe, staff, dagger, bow, xbow
+3 2-h sword, 2-h axe, mace, pole, throw, shield, dual wield, smith, swim, dodge,
+2 MA, tough, kick, steal, hunt, search, backstab, locks, stealth, music
+1 bpipe, magic, pray, alchemy, scribe, mind pen

Monk
+6 dodge
+5 MA, stealth
+4 hunt, search, trade, pray
+3 tough, swim, locks, scribe, mind pen
+2 sword, axe, mace, staff, pole, dagger, throw, bow, xbow, kick, backstab, smith,
+1 2-h sword, 2-h axe, pipe, shield, dual wield, steal, magic, alchemy, music

priest
+5 pray, scribe
+3 trade, alchemy, mind pen,
+2 mace, hunt, search, backstab, smith, swim, dodge, locks
+1 rest of combat skills (apart from mace), tough, kick, stealth, magic, music

ranger
+5 dual wield, hunt, searthc, swim
+4 sword, axe, bow, xbow, stealth,
+3 2-h sword, 2-h axe,, mace, staff, pole, dagger, throw, MA, tough, backstab, smith, trade, dodge, locks
+2 kick, pray, scribe, mind pen
+1 pipe, steal magic, alchemy, music

thief
+5 steal, search, backstab, dodge, locks, stealth
+4 sword, staff, dagger, throw, bow, xbow, shield, hunt. smith, swim,
+3 2-h sword, axe, 2-h axe, mace, pole, MA, tough,
+2 dual wield, kick, trade,
+1 pipe, all spell skills + music

shaman
+5 alchemy, mind pen
+4 magic, pray, scribe
+2 staff, search, trade, swim
+1 left overs

eee... i just stealing this info, for easier future use.
google doc

Last edited:

mercyRPG

Cipher
MAXIMUM FUN FEATURE!

Antti, we need to be able to see first what the merchants have to sell, then exit dialogue. If it is a valuable item, then we can Exit from Talk and attack the merchant, otherwise if we decide its not worth attacking or we are still too weak, then --> go back into dialogue and trade with them!

Currently there is no way to SEE FIRST what the merchant has on offer AND exit dialogue then enter into the dialogue again. Final farewell should be "BYE!" so we release the merchant not to meet them again.

Later merchants should be visualized on the main map, traveling nicely with their caravan, so marauders - like my happy party - can track the merchants and attack them, A'la Battle Brothers. Maybe then visualize GUARDS strength / numbers traveling beside the caravan.

Lagi

Savant
looks like mercy you play the shit out of helherron,

you think improving merchant murdering process, is the most important "feature" to develop?:D

mercyRPG

Cipher
looks like mercy you play the shit out of helherron,

you think improving merchant murdering process, is the most important "feature" to develop?:D

Usually dungeons do not contain highly useful items. That's why people like me scour the roads up and down, up and down *X times, until a merchant is found. Kill the merchant and take his valuable Blizzard scrolls and high priced items. Lots of fun! Hunt Loot Burn Kill with my party and repeat. Great stress reliever.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I just heard about this for the first time, peeked at screenshots and got a Wizard's Crown vibe. Sell me this game.

Lagi

Savant
  • 8 characters
  • well thought out spells - f.ex. debuff/control area of effect spells, are not useless when nuke spell come into play
  • freedom - buy scroll/potions/wand/food with powerful spell and wipe out enemies even as greenhorns
  • crafting - easy& available from start, put your spells into potions or scrolls, and let your cripple build characters do something.
  • fast - after key input, there is instant performance [not like in Natuk or Vogel games]
  • decent inventory
  • quite bloody
  • old school difficulty - go wherever you want and get your ass beaten.
  • fair amount of status to get during combat or spell casting
  • learn new spell by buying books
  • you can complain on the internet about the game mechanic/balance, and feel superior
Sell me this game.
well, I'm not the best merchant, but you doesnt look like undecided customer either.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS HOLY SHIT I FINISHED IT

LAST BATTLE WASNT TOO BAD BY THEN I HAD LIKE TEN FUCKING GOLEMS HELPING ME

WAS GONNA TAKE ON TIKKU BUT MY BEST FIGHTER DIED IN HELL THERE GOESS $200K PLUS IN EQUIPMENT LOLOLLOLOL

Morm

Novice
I'm interested in this game but I can't find where to download it, the github seems down.

Anybody has a link ?

draylyn

Novice
i saw the chart posted about skills /class is there one for skills/race?? the one in josh's is 14 yrs old?? and many many versions out of date.. im wondering if a lizardman monk is worth it as they have no unarmed to hit creatures who need magic or silver to damage... seems like theyd suffer towward mid end game.. and what about orc shaman for early versions they were great.. seemed to even have some undoc bonus but.. the newwer game 2.1055 wwith liught spells etc orcs darkvision is great..but... toward mid end game they dont seem to get mag/pray as fast/high as having a human shaman.. seems like mid end game my human shaman is stronger better able... so maybe the intial darkvision isnt wworth the less mag/pray skills vrs human... id liove to see some sort of race/skills chart

draylyn

Novice
  1. read somewhere else that killing a merchant .. meant you didnt get any more merchants appearing afterwards?? so should wait for godly items etc..... is that true? if you kill merchant no more appear??? but i dont think thats correct is it?

2. the slay samebi timed quest.. any idea how long i have?? ?? and does time start from when i get the letter?? talk to the priest in the temple?? or is it timed based on how many days ive played in total since creating the characters???? that cant be right.. it has to be timed starting from when i hit lvl 10 and get the quest right>????not the total time ive played since lvl 1

mercyRPG

Cipher
AAArrghh!!! Finally finished the Troll. This was a very painful and frustrating birth process, because I gave the creature bright yellow-green warts all over its skin - looking like an evil mix of an alligator and a frog - and that made it super hard to come up with a unified look & feel: which gave the creature believeability..

Anyway onto the friggin' LAST race image, the tallest, strongest and most extreme race:
THE GOLEM!!

After the golem I'll have to do the Title Screen, which will be hell of a work, because it'll need to look professional - AAA-level - and look like a painting. Like most big company RPGs.

Updates here.
I think it won't be a problem, if I post images about the progress of building the golem. First very preliminary 'Feeling & Fumbling's in the dark, which way to go, then increasingly more sophisticated looking pics.

FAQ:
What graphics will be remade for Steam?
Essentially anything you see ingame that looks very simple like it has 16 colors: player character sprites for all races, all map tilesets (walls, floors, grass, trees, rocks, etc..), all spell icons[later], animated spell effects, animated fire, animated torch-flames, water and of course all the monsters. All the gore sprites. Everything visible. + Of course new skin for the UI. Redesigned UI screens. New mouse cursors. Scroll bar.

What about the sound effects?
New monster- and creature sound effects. Menu sound. Music of course.

Any new story elements, missions maybe?
New missions will be added. Some existing dialogues are to be updated. We want the game feel a bit more like a real RPG with lots of new & funny details, in addition to the already very-well made surprises that are in the 2004 original.

What about new features?
** I forgot that a great new feature has been added thanks to - GameMaker's Advanced Tutorials - I could pitch this feature to the Programmer in Chief and it was realized: now the game looks even more like the amazing SSI Goldbox series.
New features have been added already, regards AI and a nicely improved combat system. Hopefully we'll be able to add the nowadays basic 'Quality of Life'-features that new Steam players got very used to by now.

Last edited:

Gunnar

Arbiter
I didn't know the game was still being worked on. Where do I go for development updates? The official website doesn't have anything. Where is this FAQ posted?

Lagi

Savant
who is frequently asking this generic stupid questions?

did you already add friendly fire? Y/N

you want my money? I need beta access, so bad.

mercyRPG

Cipher
who is frequently asking this generic stupid questions?

did you already add friendly fire? Y/N

you want my money? I need beta access, so bad.

Friendly Fire Feature in Helherron:
You probably mean a feature that prevents your units being burned to death in a "hellfire inferno" fireball spell that was cast right into the middle of the battle - your units also there of course - and all enemies die screaming in the flames around you, while you miraculously remain untouched. Then you nonchalantly brush the ashes of your enemies from your sleeve and drink a cool beer and eat pizza - freshly delivered to the Battle Site - while congratulating your wizard for the amazing Spell of Fiery Extermination that was hurled right on your head.. because the monsters were about to rip out your throats!

Sure! I think we also should add The Ambulance Car-feature that comes in and very nimble, nubile and sexy nurses disembark from the vehicle and tend to your wounds with beaming smiles and giggles!

Lagi

Savant
Friendly Fire Feature in Helherron:
You probably mean a feature that prevents your units being burned to death in a "hellfire inferno" fireball spell that was cast right into the middle of the battle - your units also there of course - and all enemies die screaming in the flames around you, while you miraculously remain untouched. Then you nonchalantly brush the ashes of your enemies from your sleeve and drink a cool beer and eat pizza - freshly delivered to the Battle Site - while congratulating your wizard for the amazing Spell of Fiery Extermination that was hurled right on your head.. because the monsters were about to rip out your throats!

Sure! I think we also should add The Ambulance Car-feature that comes in and very nimble, nubile and sexy nurses disembark from the vehicle and tend to your wounds with beaming smiles and giggles!

Thats not funny :' (

5VxqXUZ.png

Bone cladded clubber get into the way (previous turn), but kobold archer dont care. He only want to shoot down our fat, nurse chick, whatever it takes.

Now the system caluclate if arrow stop on clubber or not.

Much fun. You dont even need to kill enemies anymore, they do it themselves.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom