Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Helherron - a very addictive Nahlakh-like game

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by evil rasta, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Lagi Learned

Lagi
    eee... i just stealing this info, for easier future use.
    google doc

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. mercyRPG Arbiter

mercyRPG
    MAXIMUM FUN FEATURE!

Antti, we need to be able to see first what the merchants have to sell, then exit dialogue. If it is a valuable item, then we can Exit from Talk and attack the merchant, otherwise if we decide its not worth attacking or we are still too weak, then --> go back into dialogue and trade with them!

Currently there is no way to SEE FIRST what the merchant has on offer AND exit dialogue then enter into the dialogue again. Final farewell should be "BYE!" so we release the merchant not to meet them again.

Later merchants should be visualized on the main map, traveling nicely with their caravan, so marauders - like my happy party - can track the merchants and attack them, A'la Battle Brothers. Maybe then visualize GUARDS strength / numbers traveling beside the caravan.

• WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Lagi Learned

Lagi
    looks like mercy you play the shit out of helherron,

you think improving merchant murdering process, is the most important "feature" to develop?:D

^ Top  
  4. mercyRPG Arbiter

mercyRPG
    Usually dungeons do not contain highly useful items. That's why people like me scour the roads up and down, up and down *X times, until a merchant is found. Kill the merchant and take his valuable Blizzard scrolls and high priced items. Lots of fun! Hunt Loot Burn Kill with my party and repeat. Great stress reliever.

^ Top  
  5. Zombra Arcane Patron

Zombra
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I just heard about this for the first time, peeked at screenshots and got a Wizard's Crown vibe. Sell me this game.

^ Top  
  6. Lagi Learned

Lagi
    • 8 characters
    • well thought out spells - f.ex. debuff/control area of effect spells, are not useless when nuke spell come into play
    • freedom - buy scroll/potions/wand/food with powerful spell and wipe out enemies even as greenhorns
    • crafting - easy& available from start, put your spells into potions or scrolls, and let your cripple build characters do something.
    • fast - after key input, there is instant performance [not like in Natuk or Vogel games]
    • decent inventory
    • quite bloody
    • old school difficulty - go wherever you want and get your ass beaten.
    • fair amount of status to get during combat or spell casting
    • learn new spell by buying books
    • you can complain on the internet about the game mechanic/balance, and feel superior
    well, I'm not the best merchant, but you doesnt look like undecided customer either.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. BLOBERT Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

BLOBERT
    BROS HOLY SHIT I FINISHED IT

LAST BATTLE WASNT TOO BAD BY THEN I HAD LIKE TEN FUCKING GOLEMS HELPING ME

WAS GONNA TAKE ON TIKKU BUT MY BEST FIGHTER DIED IN HELL THERE GOESS $200K PLUS IN EQUIPMENT LOLOLLOLOL

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Salute Salute x 3
    ^ Top  
  8. Morm Novice

Morm
    I'm interested in this game but I can't find where to download it, the github seems down.

Anybody has a link ?

^ Top  
  9. Grauken Divide and Confuse Patron

Grauken
    Here you go

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Serus Arcane

Serus
    This seems to be the 2.1053 version. The latest one is 2.1055 I think. The link here seems to work perfectly for me:
    http://www.helherron.com
    Morm

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Lagi Learned

Lagi

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)