Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Hellbound - another "90s FPS"

Venser

Erudite
Beat the demo and I liked it. Then I beat it a couple of times more cause it's short and fun. There's no depth to it nor it has any advanced movement. You just gotta keep running around during fights so make sure to check "always run" in the options. I thought I saw an execution move it the trailer but turns out it's just a secondary fire of the melee weapon. At first I thought I'll hate the level design but in the end I quite dig it. The weapons are alright, the shotgun packs some serious power. Couldn't find a rocket launcher even tho it should be in the demo (possibly one of the secrets?). The lack of a bossfight at the end of the demo was pretty disappointing. Had to play it on medium and it still didn't run well on my laptop with GTX 1050TI but I'm sure they'll optimize it more before the release. I liked it enough to want to buy it when it comes out.

EDIT: Found the Rocket Launcher

qELQqeh.jpg

0ISlHPo.jpg

mTkC7Z8.jpg

SdL1aoj.jpg

Last edited:

Curratum

No real level design shown in all materials I've seen so far, but the shooting looks on point. Will have to try hands on and hope they made actual levels for it, not just gangways over lava.

ironmask

Arbiter
Beat the demo and I liked it. Then I beat it a couple of times more cause it's short and fun. There's no depth to it nor it has any advanced movement. You just gotta keep running around during fights so make sure to check "always run" in the options. I thought I saw an execution move it the trailer but turns out it's just a secondary fire of the melee weapon. At first I thought I'll hate the level design but in the end I quite dig it. The weapons are alright, the shotgun packs some serious power. Couldn't find a rocket launcher even tho it should be in the demo (possibly one of the secrets?). The lack of a bossfight at the end of the demo was pretty disappointing. Had to play it on medium and it still didn't run well on my laptop with GTX 1050TI but I'm sure they'll optimize it more before the release. I liked it enough to want to buy it when it comes out.

EDIT: Found the Rocket Launcher
So was it more like doom or it was it more serious sam with a doom skin.

PrettyDeadman

The survival demo didn't felt too bad, but this one feels horrible. The shooting, the level design, the enemy design, the sound - all those elemnts are pretty weak. Probably because of the contrast with recently released Wrath: Aeon of Ruin.

Venser

Erudite
So was it more like doom or it was it more serious sam with a doom skin.

Running around combat while dodging enemies resembles SS but there aren't that many of them (at least not at this point, the Survival mode showed they can spawn tons of them) and the spaces aren't as open. The running speed is faster than Doom and I didn't notice just how fast it is until I played Quake Champions afterwards and it threw me off cause Quake felt like it's in slow motion. But they're clearly inspired by Doom, even the end level screen looks the same.

lightbane

Arcane
Ongoing Longplay by pagb666. According to him, it has very few levels and not much content, thus probably not worth at its current price.

Antigoon

Augur
yeah there is really not much too like. Just 5 weapons (2 melee, another 2.5 shit), boring & short levels and pretty much no AI and thus no challenge. The AI can't handle any verticality and they like to shoot into even the smallest obstacles. The Serious Sam run and gun parts are also trivial as the enemies like to line up neatly on a string and either shoot each other or can be blasted down with a couple of shots. It really shows that the devs had major problems (lack of sklill) during development, that would be hardly enough for an EA.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom