Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hellraid - Cancelled (for now)

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

http://hellraid.com/about.html

Experience Hellraid on your own...​
Fight, develop skills, collect loot and craft weapons while exploring a world devastated by demons. Treacherous swamps, squalid prisons and ancient catacombs will be among the settings of your adventure. Hellraid offers what’s best in the hack & slash genre but viewed from the immersive First-Person Perspective.​

scheduled for a 2013 release on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.​

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
"System-generated online challenges, loot and enemy spawn points make the game playable for hundreds of hours!"

So, always online.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
41GQCMAGWDL._SY300_.jpg

20 years later, only decline...

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Ah, I see that anti-aliasing is still a mythical thing when it comes to consoles.

Combat looks interesting tho.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013

More gameplay. Seems very arcadish, so not a lot like Dark Messiah.

anus_pounder

Arcane
^ That charging monster and the zombies being electrified seem be to using the exact same animations as their dead island counterparts. o_O

garren

Arcane
Patron
Why do they insist on having that terrible fov? Dead Island Riptide even had some complications if you tweaked it, why would you do that?

Borelli

Arcane
I don't see how you can compare this to Dead Island, in it you slash zombies in a zombie apocalypse modern setting while here you slash zombies in a fantasy setting ... oh.:oops:
Still i will probably have fun with this one, i'm that starved for another Dark Messiah game.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Nah, anus_pounder is right with the zombies. The engine is similar, although probably tinkered with a new features. The slow, big one in the film look similar too.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This looks like prettier version of Hellgate London, and we all know how that ended.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
http://store.steampowered.com/app/226920/

Gameplay
Hellraid will feature both co-operative and single player modes, as well as an online mode called 'Game Master'.[3] The game will also feature randomly generated content.[4] The co-op mode will be able to feature up to four players.[5] The game will also be played from a first-person perspective.[6]

Plot
A select few must battle the armies of hell.[7] The player can do this with both melee and magic.

Development
The game was originally going to be a mode for Dead Island, which was also developed by Techland, before it became an individual game.[3] The game's working title was Project Hell.[4] The game was first announced in a press release on April 29, 2013. The press release stated that the game would be released in 2013.[7] The game was described as a mix "the best aspects of" Dead Island and The Elder Scrolls and a spiritual successor to the 1990s games such as Hexen and Witchaven.[8][9]

http://hellraid.com/

Looks frickin sweet. I loved Witchhaven. And it does look immersive, I hope it has good elements of horror, except that unlike games like Amnesia, you can fight back!

Online co-op sounds like a lot of fun too, if playing with LARPers and friends. Or even fellow Codexians.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Moar info:
Techland's first new IP since the Dead Island series looks to recapture the magic of '90s PC gaming, evoking classics such as Quake, Hexen, Diablo and Heretic in its four player co-operative hack n'slash that's wrapped up in a dark fantasy setting.

"We want you to feel that the game is made by guys in their '30s," Hellraid producer Marcin Kruczkiewicz told our colleagues at Eurogamer Poland. "You can't forget about the past. As young enthusiasts we enjoyed the first Quake, second Hexen or Diablo, and all that remains in us somewhere."

Hellraid offers up a selection of four classes, Warrior, Mage, Paladin and Rogue, and encourages them to work alongside each other as they fight through hordes of enemies. There are interlocking abilities - wizard can cast shields on allied players, or teleport around, and the combat system is built upon a series of magical abilities that include fire, telekinesis and lightening.

The open-world structure of Dead Island has been pared back slightly, with a series of open-ended maps rather than one all-encompassing world. Hellraid also offers a stripped-back leveling system, with experience points unlocking branches on each character's skill tree.

It's being developed on Techland's own Chrome Engine 5, which the Polish developer believes can go toe-to-toe with its competition.

"This is a tool that can easily compete with other solutions on the market," said Kruczkiewicz. "You can do literally everything: levels, enemies, save points, objects, music and weather. We used the same engine for Dead Island, so basically it's a fully functional tool and it works well."

Hellraid is without a publisher, a situation which Techland's currently assessing. "We're financing the entire production ourselves, so we don't need any external funds and a publisher, said marketing director Pawel Kopinski. "On the other hand, at some stage we'll be talking with publishers, distributors, and we'll see who will propose a partnership that won't impact Hellraid in a negative way. We just have an idea that we want to sell with no external interference."

There's currently no word on a release date, though Techland's looking to get it out this year on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC - the only platforms announced "for now."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-07-heres-your-first-brief-look-at-techlands-hellraid

Made by Poles eh?

Anyhow, only thing I didn't like is the mage apparently needs a staff to cast spells, like in Heretic 1 and Hexen. I would prefer hand casting with gestures and shit, like in Skyrimmmmz. But anyhoo, hopefully the Paladin class will be fun. I like how melee combat looks sweet in the video, with good physics and knockback. The dark fantasy world also looks great.

Astral Rag

Arcane
"Techland's first new IP since the Dead Island series looks to recapture the magic of '90s PC gaming, evoking classics such as Quake, Hexen, Diablo and Heretic in its four player co-operative hack n'slash that's wrapped up in a dark fantasy setting."

"We want you to feel that the game is made by guys in their '30s, you can't forget about the past. As young enthusiasts we enjoyed the first Quake, second Hexen or Diablo, and all that remains in us somewhere."

Lol. I certainly didn't find any of "that" in their previous game.

Fortunately these guys are only dropping names and are not creating an actual reboot or sequel.

I have to admit that those screenshots don't look too bad, apart from the terribly low FOV that is. Nauseating FOV was also one of Dead Island's many, many issues...

Not expecting anything good from this but I would like to be proven wrong.

:love:

Last edited:

Don Peste

Arcane
Fantasy Dead Island made with the same ugly engine ("so basically it's a fully functional tool and it works well." WTF).
Anyway, Dead Island wasn't bad with friends. This one should be a bit better... I guess the Game Master mode is just marketing bullshit?

PS: 0:48 in the video http://store.steampowered.com/app/226920/ Recycling animations and enemy types...

Micmu

Magister
...aaaand IT'S JUST ANOTHER CONSOLE GAME

/thread

Spiritual successor to Hexen?? Go fucking fuck yourself you fucks

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Only good thing - lack of uFart.

FFS tekland go git some and finish Chrome 2 and Warhound.

Dead Island? You mean - courier game in the world of scaled weapons and enemies? Most boring gameI've ever played.

Also - looks better than Dead Island or UE3 games.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It isn't the spiritual successor to shit it's just reskinned Dead Island. Also, where's the Grimrock LP?

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
"You can do literally everything: levels, enemies, save points, objects, music and weather. We used the same engine for Dead Island, so basically it's a fully functional tool and it works well."

This guy clearly didn't get high grades in his PR classes. All of that is available in every engine since 20 years ago... wtf is this shit.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
It's only a Witchhaven succesor if there's lava crack on the ground that makes all consoletards die 3 secs into the first level.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
It's only a Witchhaven succesor if there's lava crack on the ground that makes all consoletards die 3 secs into the first level.

Isn't the same thing in King's Field: Ancient City?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom