Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Help choose the The New World's new title

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Astral Eden
Starfarer: Eden
Aether: Starfarer
Starfarer: New Utopia

I had a decent idea for something called the Aetherverse.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Beneath a Steel Sky would be a perfect title if it hadn't already been taken. :M

bass-comic5.png
bass-1-320x200.png
bass-11.png
bass-gameover.png

I know it's low effort but why not call it, 'Under a Steel Sky'.

Pilgrims of (the new) Utopia
Frontiers in Silicium
Trails of Orion
Caravans by nebulae
Centauri Ho

i don't like stilted titles, like youi're the star hero of something

Last edited:

Ainamacar

Educated
Of the three given options, I think Starfarer is the best. "Pilgrim"-something could be the seed of a good name, but "Pilgrims of Earth" doesn't do it for me.

Here are some others to consider, with commentary:
The First Void/The Least Void (Emphasizes that even the shortest interstellar travel faces incredible difficulty.)
The Pilgrim's Ait/Eyot (Likening the ship to an island in a river. Probably too obscure a word, though.)
The Starchart (A bleak name given the ship's apparent position scarcely changes over a human lifespan.)
Not One Orbit (The bare fact of life for intermediate generations on a generation ship.)
Stellar Transients (This title can be taken at least three different ways: 1. Astrophysical phenomenon 2. Ship and inhabitants with a thematically ephemeral existence 3. If taken pejoratively, a lot of these folks are basically space bums.)

Some others I like less well:
Neither Earth Nor Heaven
A Star's Absence
The Interstice
Decoherence Time (from the physics concept of decoherence, but here also a metaphor for mission decay)

Calm

Novice
Star Ark Leviathan?
Born Adrift the Stars. Or Ark Adrift the Stars
No Light in the Firmament
Darkness upon the face of the mission
Children of Dark Heavens. Or Orphaned in Dark Heavens
Void Piercer
Mission Year 736
Blood of His Vessel. Yeah yeah I know.
Beyond God’s Sun. So many possible puns...
A Promised Planet
The Rusted Ark, Rusted Eden?
Remnants of the Faithful
Generations Bound

I appreciate ‘East of Earth’ though

Last edited:

hello friend

Arcane
(I Hope They) Bury Me in Proxima Centauri

I was gonna suggest something, but this title is actually perfect. Y'all fuckers got no taste.

Starfarer is a bad ship name. The name of a big project like a generation ship would be determined by the same kind of unimaginative cargo cult people who keep scrounging the barrel for new names from greek and egyptian mythology. Look at this list of irl satellite and spacecraft names.

Tao

Savant
I liked The new world a lot. My suguestion The Promised Land it's in the same tone so i guess is a no.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I liked it too. I still think you can you just roll that into your new title which should be a single word.

Pilgrims: New World

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
The Iron Ark
New Worlders
Colony Ship: A post earth role-playing game
The Age of Starfaring
Choices and Conseequences IN SPACE!!!

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
Honestly I think it must be karma or something. The "New World" title was so utterly generic I'm glad it won't stick in the end. As for the proposed new names I like the "East of Earth" the best although, I'd love a name that starts with "Age of" to show it's a step up form "Age of Decadence" I personally find one of the most significant RPGs lately.

As for renaming the ship to Leviathan, it might sound cool but I think it isn't realistic - quite unlikely that a large project like that would somehow manage to get such a pejoratively perceived name.

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
(I Hope They) Bury Me in Proxima Centauri

I was gonna suggest something, but this title is actually perfect. Y'all fuckers got no taste.

Starfarer is a bad ship name. The name of a big project like a generation ship would be determined by the same kind of unimaginative cargo cult people who keep scrounging the barrel for new names from greek and egyptian mythology. Look at this list of irl satellite and spacecraft names.
i think metatron is another cool name based on the highest ranking angel in the catholic myths.

The more obscure part of the bible probably have some cool weird names for fit for stuff like this

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
National Lampoon's Interstellarium

Destination: Proxima Centauri

The New Genesis
Chariot of Star Prophets (fits biblical theme with the guy who was taken by fire chariot)
Long Distance to the Nearest Planet
Lost Prophets
Our Names Forgotten in the Stars
Carry on, My Space Prophets
Our Ancestors Were Stupid
No Truce with Our Fundamentalist Ancestors

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
I just copy this idea:

Age of Void

Could fit because:

- The characters live for Ages in the generation Ship and struggle surviving it.

- People who loved Age of Decadence have something to connect this game with it's predecessor.

- Like Age of Decadence your game about an society in turmoil, that is about to change, but they do it in the changeless coldness of space.

- Just sounds cool.

- Also: I googled it, the name is still free :D!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom