Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Help, I am being harassed at the Codex! or ban VOTS

Would you like to be mass-summoned or PM'med in the future?

• Yes

Votes: 44 32.8%
  • Yes, but -- explain

Votes: 11 8.2%
  • NO

Votes: 79 59.0%

• Total voters
MCA
TL;DR: if you do NOT want alerts or PMs from me as part of some mass-summon event in the future, just vote "NO" in this thread and I will trouble you no more.

Most of you probably know that I have a tooth for mass-spamming people with PMs or summons to draw attention to various fundraising events here at the Codex. And I know some of you are quite very deeply bothered by it. in a way only a 10 inch horse dick reaching your most private innards otherwise could. Some of you have even told not to be bothered that way again (oops, sorry; too many random posts saying that in too many random places for me to keep track of), while some seem to like being notified of stuff that escape their attention and they may happen to like.

Some of you seem to think that I do it because I just enjoy being an asshole and think that just because you threw a few bucks or more to something or two that one time or the other, I see you as cash-cows to milk every time there is monetary shit going on. The truth is neither. In all honesty, I do it only because I know there are people who might be interested in and appreciate being notified of stuff they may not be aware of, whether they may or may not end up contributing to anything and if they do, we may achieve something sort of good together.

It was not my intention to spam you until you gave up and threw money in disgust. And FYI, the e-mail mass-spam via PMs was something I failed to foresee, not something deliberate. That some people end up pissed off and butthurt is just extra cream with a cherry on top.

SO, if you are really bothered by that stuff and never want it to happen to you ever again, ie. if you don't want alerts or PMs from me about some mass-summon event in the future, just vote "NO".

If you are ok with it, vote "Yes". If you are mostly or occasionally ok but have reservations or conditions, vote "Yes, but" and explain it here. I'll try to make sure that nobody receives an alert or PM from me that they would rather not.

edit: JarlFrank, DarkUnderlord, could either of you edit the poll so that the votes are public? I forgot that.

Last edited:
MCA
Who will defend MW and DF along with you once I'm gone, DraQ? Who?

First vots, explain the massive hard-on you have for that game.

What game? Frontiers? Hiking-Sim with modding that's built around being a Hiking-Sim first and foremost, as opposed to cancerous mutations of triple-A popamole arcade-action-hiking-sim hybrids. Not really a hard-on but joyful appreciation.

Last edited:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I didn't care about the Frontiers thing, but in general I think it's good that someone is trying to organize something. A few emails are hardly the end of the world.

MCA
I think it makes you look desperate, you'd better be off making a thread. Most people just click on new posts to see the newest threads and will see it.

Not gonna hide if I'm desperate, though it's more about stuff that easily escapes attention due to high traffic. Happens all the time, especially with a lot of posters from different time zones.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
If people really are getting annoyed with your PM spam then PM spamming them to explain that probably wasn't the smartest move.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
I'm a follower, not a leader.

If there's enough interest in a projected, and I'm interested in playing it, I'll throw $20 in if I have it.

Tzaero

DEPARTED
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
GETOUT.gif

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yes, but not for hiking simulators, unless it's a Lovecraftian hiking simulator.

Also I'm against banning VOTS, if PM spamming makes him happy I'm happy to give him that small pleasure, considering the odds of him spending time in a Turkish prison due to his politics.

hakuroshi

Augur
Honestly don't care (even if I'm posting now)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom