Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Help, I am being harassed at the Codex! or ban VOTS

Would you like to be mass-summoned or PM'med in the future?

• Yes

Votes: 44 32.8%
  • Yes, but -- explain

Votes: 11 8.2%
  • NO

Votes: 79 59.0%

• Total voters

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
OK villain of the story , just stop it. You are riding on this topic like it was a big problem. But mass summoning on the Codex is very rare (usually at some fundraisers), and I think people just PM to another if they really want to talk in private. Yet again, the codex tries to fix something when it is not broken. FFS!

kazgar

Arcane
I thought DarkUnderlord had addressed vots about this very action on a previous edition of site feedback. Shame the search here isn't that great, else i'd go looking.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I have no idea what this is about. Pro-tip, dude: if your explaining takes longer than two sentences, include a tl;dr version at the top.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
At first I was all :x:!
But then...

I don't mind the email spam - but I do mind that it fucks up my mail on my iphone, and I need to get to a pc to resolve that shit before I can even read mail on it again.

:desu: I found it in myself to forgive him.

Wait...people READ their PMs on the Codex? During the entirety of my multi-year membership,

I have never once checked my PMs. My email is configured to send messages from rpgcodex into my junkmail folder (I forward from my hotmail account to my actual account to avoid spreading my actual account to spam sites, and my actual account has nifty configuration settings).

Edit: so of course, being a feature that doesn't affect me in the slightest, but MAY greatly annoy others, I voted yes.

warmonger3

Scholar
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I don't understand why he/she basically insisted on being banned after he was warned about PM spamming even though this is the Codex...
If its about a good story or about a game I like or about a game I am waiting an eternity for (Grimoire), I'm all for PM summoning.

Nael

Arcane
Thank goodness. I hated that pedophile. I hope he gets cancer in his dick now.

LusciousPear

Savant
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm totally happy to be spammed for events relating to The Codex. It totes deserves my time and/or jewgoldz.

Maybe we can just make it "opt-in"

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
If you really cared enough you'd know about these things before being spammed about them, good riddance to a planted poster.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom