Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Help in icewind II needed - is there anyone out there?!

folly

Novice
Look, I know that many will roll their eyes, but i just can't get the Fell woods in Icewind II - how the hell do you get to the will-o-wisp?

I've looked at other sites, but when they say go east, I've only got SE or something.

If i wasn't bald already, i would be now!

May pixies sing you to sleep.[/b]

Mistress

Liturgist
Use your wilderness lore skill if possible and make notes on the map, it's very helpful in this area.

ecliptic

Liturgist
Every time you enter a room, drop arrows or some other plentiful worthless item in a unique fashion or shaping. I generally drop them in a visible place near the entrance that I came through, then when you get to a new forest you'll know it because there won't be the item. It's sheer trial and error, ala Zelda 1 gravestone maze. Pretty gay, yes.

DaveC

Novice
You are probably talking about the path north east of the Dryad which is only accessable after the dryad has given you directions to the lake, you need your smartist player to talk to dryad to get directions.

Regards Dave C

JanC

Liturgist
This puzzle is horribly annoying. The thing to remember is that some locations that look the same are actually different locations. Use map notes and trial and error to get through this.
I can't believe someone in the current millenium decided to write such a naff puzzle. It is easily the worst in the game.

***Spoilers***
Oh yeah, apart from the torture chamber puzzle, talk about pixel hunting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom