Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Help us bring down RPGwatch.com in Divinity: Original Sin

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Don't try to downplay this. This battle decides the fate of the sites. Whoever wins, that will be the dominant RPG community forever.

This battle only shows that the Codex and the Watch care for good crpgs all differences aside.

Agreed. However we are still going to kick your ass. ;)

FOR CODEXIA! FOR HONOR!

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If the Codex loses they must accept DArtagnan and/or JemyM to post here for a week.

Angthoron

Arcane
And then there was one Codexian with high Diplomacy, Bartering, Charisma and Intelligence traits. He was humble, too.

Behold, ye swamprats!

Response from Swen. Gragt, you must now go back there and kiss this generous fellow:

-A key for each donor, done deal.
-Naming the imps, well obviously we have one which is called DarkUnderlord, but the others, we'll name them after Codex members (within reason!) - you guys get to decide. We don't know yet how many there will be so send us a top list.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Myrthos said:
had to poke them from several sides as busy as they are, but here you can see what you get, based on your donation:

$25-$39: Digital copy of Original Sin
$40-$49: Digital copy of Original Sin + Signed poster
$50-$69: Digital copy of Original Sin + Original Sin T-shirt
$70-$99: Digital copy of Original Sin + Original Sin T-Shirt + Signed poster
$100-$124: Physical version: Original Sin physical copy + printed manual +
soundtrack CD + Artbook + Cloth Map
$125-$139: Physical version + Digital copy of Original Sin
$140-$149: Physical version + Digital copy of Original Sin + Signed poster
$150-$169: Physical version + Digital copy of Original Sin + Original Sin
T-shirt
$170 and more: Physical version + Digital copy of Original Sin + Original
Sin T-Shirt + Signed poster

I didn't ask, but I'm sure the Codex gets the same deal.

catfood

AGAIN
Keep in mind - The winner is always Larian - not the Watch and not the Codex...
Don't try to downplay this. This battle decides the fate of the sites. Whoever wins, that will be the dominant RPG community forever.

Whoever loses redirects all traffic to the winner for a day.

Or better! The watchtower/troll must wear a pink dress (fairy) for a week.
If the Watch loses they must accept Andhaira to post there for a week.
Or better yet, prosper.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Has this been mentioned already?

Here is a portion of what the Watch wants to do with their contribution:

In addition there will be a watch tower in the game (like our logo). In the neighborhood a lore book is hidden inamed (sic) "The History of the Watch". The contents of this book is (sic) to be defined by us, but needs to be in the spirit of the game. Reading the book will give the player a benefit related to their skills.

I realize this is only a preliminary description of their intentions, and it was likely written fairly hastily, but it illustrates clearly the problem I have with all of these goals and with contributer-inspired content in general: its writing and quality are likely going to be so poor that the developers are going to have to spend what might be inordinate amounts of time cleaning it up, heavily editing it, and contemplating whether they've gotten in over their heads with the whole thing once crunch time rolls around.

I'm certain this kind of attitude has been expressed plenty of times before, but I just needed to say something. Sure, Larian's design team will clean it all up. Sure, it'll look like it belongs in the game. Oh sure, it won't seem completely contrived and amateurish. I don't know, man. Looks fucked up to me.

I hope this kind of stupid shit doesn't ruin this game.

Angthoron

Arcane
Myrthos said:
had to poke them from several sides as busy as they are, but here you can see what you get, based on your donation:

$25-$39: Digital copy of Original Sin
$40-$49: Digital copy of Original Sin + Signed poster
$50-$69: Digital copy of Original Sin + Original Sin T-shirt
$70-$99: Digital copy of Original Sin + Original Sin T-Shirt + Signed poster
$100-$124: Physical version: Original Sin physical copy + printed manual +
soundtrack CD + Artbook + Cloth Map
$125-$139: Physical version + Digital copy of Original Sin
$140-$149: Physical version + Digital copy of Original Sin + Signed poster
$150-$169: Physical version + Digital copy of Original Sin + Original Sin
T-shirt
$170 and more: Physical version + Digital copy of Original Sin + Original
Sin T-Shirt + Signed poster

I didn't ask, but I'm sure the Codex gets the same deal.
Aha, interesting, I'll clear up on this front. Obviously for physical stuff I'd need people's addresses though.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Welcome to a few pages ago Crispy.

It's just a small encounter in the game (and the player can even just ignore it). What is the big deal? And Larian will be designing it.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Before I bump up my donation, I have a question for those familiar with how co-op works on two computers in the same household. I play games solo and without co-op or internet play. However, I think I'd like to play this game with my oldest child. Can I run this on two computers with the same household wireless network if I purchase one copy or would I need to purchase two copies? I have the money right now for one, but not two.

catfood

AGAIN
Before I bump up my donation, I have a question for those familiar with how co-op works on two computers in the same household. I play games solo and without co-op or internet play. However, I think I'd like to play this game with my oldest child. Can I run this on two computers with the same household wireless network if I purchase one copy or would I need to purchase two copies? I have the money right now for one, but not two.
As far as I understand it you only need one copy.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Has this been mentioned already?

Here is a portion of what the Watch wants to do with their contribution:

I realize this is only a preliminary description of their intentions, and it was likely written fairly hastily, but it illustrates clearly the problem I have with all of these goals and with contributer-inspired content in general: its writing and quality are likely going to be so poor that the developers are going to have to spend what might be inordinate amounts of time cleaning it up, heavily editing it, and contemplating whether they've gotten in over their heads with the whole thing once crunch time rolls around.

I'm certain this kind of attitude has been expressed plenty of times before, but I just needed to say something. Sure, Larian's design team will clean it all up. Sure, it'll look like it belongs in the game. Oh sure, it won't seem completely contrived and amateurish. I don't know, man. Looks fucked up to me.

I hope this kind of stupid shit doesn't ruin this game.
Really you think editing a few paragraphs will take an "inordinate amount of time"?

Because I think it's probably going to take one guy at most one day to handle this.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I believe the official answer is that it's possible but not very brolike.

Esquilax

Arcane
I am a broke-ass student, but fuck it, I caved and chipped in for $40.00. I simply cannot in good conscience allow RPG Watch to have a shot at winning this.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
As far as I understand it you only need one copy.

Each person must have their own copy. That is why the tiers have TWO copies of DOS in them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom