Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Here's what's going to happen if you drive Infinitron away

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If Infinitron leaves, someone else will take over the responsibilities, no biggie. He's not as irreplaceable as you boot licker make him sound to be. He needs to understand that and to stay in line. If you make threads about him being irreplaceable, he'll start power tripping like there's been no holocaust.

Brofisting a post by Bester Guevara I. Lenin Pot Kim.

What a time to be alive.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Meanwhile ShitNick posts passive-aggressive "never gets old" shit because he's forever butthurt about the edgelords who don't like his favorite unreleased games.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
There is not even a point of being a "Patron" anymore when you have the butthurt Infinitron & Crispy locking threads, changing thread titles, editing user's posts, adding irrelevant tags, disabling features and the other butthurt antics they pull.

You need a thick skin to be a moderator, especially on this site, which these 2 do not have.

It's honestly getting ridiculous, DarkUnderlord

Zep--

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
He is the only moderator here constantly generating dissent and discontent on this August board and hence he should be kicked out for this alone, not for being faggot, Jew or shill which he certainly is but its our Dear Leader DarkUnderlord choice of course if he wants to keep RPG Codex or seen being taken over, the tax payers people who donate should be of course able to say their opinion though and Crispy good goy attics are simply disgusting.

That is false. Scruffy has been inserting his AIDS into thread headlines and polls, and Infinitron, if anything, restored those headlines and polls to their right order.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
See Comrade Goral post and what or rather (((whom))) half threads on this board are about
Fine, let's go through it. I'm bored anyway so why not white knight the Jew.
Goral's points regarding Infinitron lacking humility, being smug, having no scruples, and wanting to be involved in drama are fucking stupid. Who gives a shit about whether or not some random Jew is one, two, or all of those things? As for the controversies, fuck inXile, literally all their games have been shit and who gives a fuck about some retarded interviews. The only valid point here might be the toxic workplace thing (IDK if it's true or not as I wasn't around and don't know the drama surrounding it), but not only is that not really valid anymore with the Staff that we have. Plus, I'd still argue that the good outweighs the bad, even if the toxic workplace thing was 100% true and as bad as people made it out to be.
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/where-my-bubbles-gone.112302/page-13#post-4861677 - here I had a suggestion that everyone should be able to post news WITHOUT mod approval and users would rate them instead of shills like Infnitron
This is just a shit suggestion for an obvious myriad of reasons. I don't want the front page to be filled with shit like "Fluent reviews".
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/where-my-bubbles-gone.112302/page-3#post-4856706 - Bubbles was thrown under the bus when Bubbles vs Infinitron conflict arose
Wasn't around for this so IDK the specifics, but the post right underneath it by Grunker got generally good ratings, and no one seemed to argue against it.
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/where-my-bubbles-gone.112302/page-3#post-4856706 - Bubbles was thrown under the bus when Bubbles vs Infinitron conflict arose

This is all valid. Infinitron shilling and defending a shit game like PoE is pretty bad. I think people blow it out of proportion though. The review got published, and we got all this funny shit to laugh about.
Lmfao. Goral is mad that his shit suggestions and links weren't posted on the front page. Who gives a fuck? I agreed with his point regarding the Arcanum fan patch too.

Other than the PoE thing, and retardoing threads like the JF fiasco and some other ones that Goral linked, I haven't really heard anything meaningful.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
:lol:
I'm sure JF will be sending flowers on the anniversary of the "I'm worried that someone will post about you being a Nazi" post.

Pretty sure that was entirely in good faith, and it was good advice! Jarl should’ve cleaned up his presence before the Kickstarter—he could’ve at least taken the swastika out of his location information that showed up next to every post. You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to know that’s gonna hurt your ability to raise money from the general public. Jarl was being a dumbass. If he’d taken Infinitron’s advice and moved to hide this stuff beforehand, rather than trying to do it after he was “outed” (not that any of this was ever a secret, he posts under his real goddamned name), he might not have been booted from Realms Beyond.

It’s not like anyone needed to remind Safav/Silver Coin of this stuff. He was gonna start shit no matter what, and if not him it would’ve been someone like him.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Most of you probably have no idea how much Infinitron does around here now.

Ever since DU decided to go on permanent walkabout and basically just check in on RPG Codex whenever he's within range of some form of civilization from time to time, Infinitron has p. much taken on all of his responsibilities. In addition to his previous newsposting duties, he now fixes code problems as they arise, tweaks things, is constantly monitoring the site, and generally will be the one to blame if anything at all goes wrong.

If Infinitron leaves, what's going to happen is that the Codex is going to devolve into something much, much worse than it already has. We will no longer have anyone who even comes close to devoting as much time to finding shit about RPGs out there and posting it. You could say that anyone could post the news, but we've already gone through many people including Vault Dweller, Crooked Bee, people like Bubbles, and now I get the feeling Infinitron is getting sick of it. Tell me, who here is going to slavishly devote as much time to the site as he does? Who's going to train this person? DU? Taluntain? LOL.

Now, while you may argue that having a Jew in charge isn't worth it and you'd rather fuck off to RPG Watch instead, I say if that's the way you feel then say hi to those faggots for us. I'll take an RPG Codex run but some guy that loves Obsidian and lives within short range ballistic missile distance of an entire nation that wants to see him dead than those guys.

So stop calling him a faggot. Stop calling him a shill. If you're not happy with the job he's doing then stop being a peanut gallery pussy just taking potshots at him and instead be specific. Make a thread here in Site Feedback pointing out what you think he's doing wrong. Chances are he'll probably listen and adjust.

Like it or not, you're stuck with Infinitron. I don't say 'we' because I don't have a problem with the guy. Continue belittling him and he's going to give us the flying finger and go back to doing whatever it is he did before he said "I do" and consummated his marriage with this place.

Yes, I voted for Trump. Yes, I like Jewish people. Yes, I like reading stories and news about RPGs that I would never even consider playing. And yes, I actually do recognize that Infinitron's not perfect but I also know he's all we've got. I mean do you want DU to take complete charge again?

Be careful what you wish for, assholes.
I always thought that mocking Infinitron is just a running joke. If someone seriously has a problem with him, then that person should get the fuck out of here. Infinitron is a bro, never harmed anyone and he is doing a good job with posting news and interesting tidbits. So fuck you.

Inifitron, I like you (no homo).

Bohr

Arcane
:lol:
I'm sure JF will be sending flowers on the anniversary of the "I'm worried that someone will post about you being a Nazi" post.

Pretty sure that was entirely in good faith, and it was good advice! Jarl should’ve cleaned up his presence before the Kickstarter—he could’ve at least taken the swastika out of his location information that showed up next to every post. You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to know that’s gonna hurt your ability to raise money from the general public. Jarl was being a dumbass. If he’d taken Infinitron’s advice and moved to hide this stuff beforehand, rather than trying to do it after he was “outed” (not that any of this was ever a secret, he posts under his real goddamned name), he might not have been booted from Realms Beyond.

It’s not like anyone needed to remind Safav/Silver Coin of this stuff. He was gonna start shit no matter what, and if not him it would’ve been someone like him.
Lot of truth in that and I wasn't being entirely serious, or really trying to kick off the old debate again ... still, a pm would surely have been a better way of 'helping a bro out with some advice' in that case. Much like this thread isn't really helpful to Infinitron in this case.

Cael

Arcane
You people read the RPG Codex news? Nothing would happen. Nobody cares.
Not trying to be edgy; I have never read the news nor checked the frontpage, except maybe 10 years ago those VD reviews.

However...

Most of you probably have no idea how much Infinitron does around here now.

Ever since DU decided to go on permanent walkabout and basically just check in on RPG Codex whenever he's within range of some form of civilization from time to time, Infinitron has p. much taken on all of his responsibilities. In addition to his previous newsposting duties, he now fixes code problems as they arise, tweaks things, is constantly monitoring the site, and generally will be the one to blame if anything at all goes wrong.

These all sound like reasons to get rid of him. It's the typical MO of certain groups to slowly creep in by taking over responsibilities and then becoming indispensable, then bringing in their own people. Happens on the Internet all the time.

We'll stop calling old Infini a shill once he stops shilling for Obsidian or whatever else newshit developer he's currently sucking off in the spirit of making the site 'developer friendly.'
I refer you to my sig, where even MCA got sick of his shit, and DU confirmed that infinishit is a biased jerkwad asshole who loves to belittle people with passive aggressive twattery, especially when someone insulted his fat tranny boyfriend.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
See sig :)
I refer you to my sig, where even MCA got sick of his shit, and DU confirmed that infinishit is a biased jerkwad asshole who loves to belittle people with passive aggressive twattery, especially when someone insulted his fat tranny boyfriend.
Except he said he liked Infinitron in said post...

Cael

Arcane
"I stabbed you for the fun of it. Nothing personal. No. Really."

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
"I stabbed you for the fun of it. Nothing personal. No. Really."
Except it wasn't a stab...

Holy fuck, I see why there are so many virgins on the Codex. You'd think that if they could take a dick they could take a joke, but apparently not.

FYI neither of you have signatures. In fact I just noticed no one else does either. Why would DarkUnderlord Infinitron do this?

Nevermind, just realized the mobile version of the page removes sigs.:shitposting:

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Sad thing is that he probably actually thinks he's not biased.

There's no better shill than one who doesn't know he's a shill.

Vatnik Wumao
Would someone be willing to recap this whole debacle for me please? I'm just a hapless newfag.
iu

Jokes aside, I don't really know much about this e-drama, but it's entertaining.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Is anybody else volunteering to do this shit for free?

Sure. Everyone who posts in one of the various games forums, as they already do. This site will not die because Infinitrons "Cut & Paste" news goes away.

Zep--

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom