Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Heretic 2 requires cd in drive

Mikeal

Arcane
So I downloaded Heretic 2 from myabandonware and instaled game. I launched it without problem, watched intro but after that I get "Put Heretic 2 original disc in drive". How to solve it? There was no crack or anything similar in files I downloaded.

yellowcake

Arcane
lemme give you a hand

x0j0ICv.jpg

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
I'm looking at the various download options. Which of the following did you download?

cJE3arp.png

It seems that both downloads of the main game come with an ISO. Did you try leaving the ISO mounted while launching the game?

I'd try installing the game myself but can't be bothered waiting for 2.9GB to finish downloading lol

schru

Arcane
I think keeping the image mounted in a virtual drive should be enough. But music won't loop on newer versions of Windows, so it's necessary to use a programm called _inmm. It seems like this thread describes what needs to be done, with the reservation that from what I recall I had to use _inmm on quake2.dll rather than the executable.

Mikeal

Arcane
I'm looking at the various download options. Which of the following did you download?

cJE3arp.png

It seems that both downloads of the main game come with an ISO. Did you try leaving the ISO mounted while launching the game?

I'd try installing the game myself but can't be bothered waiting for 2.9GB to finish downloading lol

I think keeping the image mounted in a virtual drive should be enough. But music won't loop on newer versions of Windows, so it's necessary to use a programm called _inmm. It seems like this thread describes what needs to be done, with the reservation that from what I recall I had to use _inmm on quake2.dll rather than the executable.

The bigger one 2.9 GB. Problem is I tried everything and nothing works. I have mounted image, I've burned the CD and I even choose instal without CD option and still get the message.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer

cJE3arp.png

The bigger one 2.9 GB. Problem is I tried everything and nothing works. I have mounted image, I've burned the CD and I even choose instal without CD option and still get the message.
Check the rip version on old-games(dot) ru and see if replacing the exe w/ the one in the rip version helps.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Yeah, just find a no-CD crack for it. FFS, there must be a dozen of 'em out there. I have fond memories of Heretic 2. It was the very first game I played with my new 3DFX Voodoo 3 card way back when that I could run at 1024 X 768 (maybe even 1280 X 1024... I forget exactly) with all details maxed. Bitches, that was a milestone.

yellowcake

Arcane
Yeah, just find a no-CD crack for it. FFS, there must be a dozen of 'em out there. I have fond memories of Heretic 2. It was the very first game I played with my new 3DFX Voodoo 3 card way back when that I could run at 1024 X 768 (maybe even 1280 X 1024... I forget exactly) with all details maxed. Bitches, that was a milestone.

These are made with Voodoo 3

Wunderbar

Arcane
Be sure to use Heretic 2 Enhancement pack, and rip music from cd (you can use _inmm.dll to force game to play ripped tracks).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom