Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption - adventure-RPG from the creators of Quest for Glory

Discussion in 'Adventure Gaming' started by Jaesun, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Darth Canoli Learned

Darth Canoli
    As you should, it's not like your game got much coverage either, maybe you should work on it.

Come on, why would anyone pay more than 20 bucks for those things you're playing, now we know either you're filthy rich or you have no business sense. :shitposting:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. MRY Prestigious Gentleman Wormwood Studios Developer

MRY
    I was a dumb kid. I’m not sure when I last paid more than 10–I think maybe I bought Starcraft 2 for 20.

^ Top  
  3. Serus Arcane

Serus
    Perhaps Guybrush takes into account future inflation though. He* says "never" after all. [​IMG]

*well, technically the players choses the "moral" for himself in the game from 3 or 4 options iirc.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    Interview about the roleplaying side of the game: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...ve_players_room_to_be_themselves_in_HeroU.php

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    • Informative Informative x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. Flint Novice

Flint
    Looks like I missed it, what monster is afraid of pandas?

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Boleskine Arcane

Boleskine
    The Coles are going to do a livestream on Halloween.

^ Top  
  7. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/transolargames/hero-u-rogue-to-redemption/posts/2330187

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
  9. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    Status report: http://hero-u.com/tricky-treats/

TL;DR: Planning a crowdfunding campaign for Switch version of Hero-U; the sequel Wizard Way is going along, planned to release in 2020; the spin-off Summer Daze is planned for next year; there's also a board game, Hero-U Steal or Deal, in the prototype phase; also even more plans for a recipe book, streaming playthroughs of Quest for Glory, more Kickstarters, "other types of games", oh my... did they got money from loan sharks?

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
  11. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Final version?

^ Top  
  12. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Kotaku,a place where only Classic gamers gather.

• Funny Funny x 6
    ^ Top  
  13. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
  14. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Ughhhh maybe...it is not really a bad game. Exploration is interesting,the time part is annoying but you could use cheatengine and ignore it.

^ Top  
  15. Blackstaff Savant

Blackstaff
    I've got a GOG key, if you want, Roxor.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    did someone say free stuff

• Funny Funny x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    • Rage Rage x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. <3sRichardSimmons Arcane

<3sRichardSimmons
    I liked it okay. Just don’t go in expecting anything on the level of QFG (or, honestly, anything in the same sub-genre) and you will have an okay time. It has very, very strong Harry Potter vibes which is a malus for me, but ymmv.

^ Top  
  18. Lhynn Arcane

Lhynn
    But why did it fail?

^ Top  
  19. <3sRichardSimmons Arcane

<3sRichardSimmons
    I’ve yet to see any conclusive evidence that it did not meet internal pre-release expectations.

^ Top  
  20. Blackstaff Savant

Blackstaff
    Sent.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Boleskine Arcane

Boleskine
    Is it concerning that the Coles need to raise money for porting Hero-U to Switch? I have no idea how much it would actually cost, so I'm not sure if any conclusions can be drawn regarding Hero-U's sales.

Regardless, Hero-U is probably a good match for Switch, both graphically and with its more "casual" interface. Plus the Switch library has a mere fraction of the competition on Steam, so the game could find a decent audience.

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  23. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/transolargames/hero-u-rogue-to-redemption/posts/2363651

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  24. Humanity has risen! Arcane Patron Repressed Homosexual

Humanity has risen!
    The only thing I want to know about all this is if the Coles paid back their mortgage.

• gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. OndrejSc Arcane Patron

OndrejSc
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    Yes, with a 12 gauge.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)