Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Heroes of a Broken Land 2 is on the way, coming to Steam Early Access in August

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Heroes of a Broken Land 2; Winged Pixel

Winged Pixel's Heroes of a Broken Land was one of the more unusual minor titles of the early Kickstarter era. A strategy RPG that combined city building in a procedurally generated overworld with first person dungeon crawling using multiple parties of heroes. Naturally it was an extremely niche release, and having received its its last update over two and a half years ago, we weren't expecting to hear any more from it. Big mistake! It turns out Winged Pixel have been working on a sequel this entire time. Heroes of a Broken Land 2 looks to be very much the same sort of thing as its predecessor, but with a 3D map and somewhat improved graphics. Here's the announcement:

Heroes of a Broken Land 2 is a procedural epic RPG, combining exploration and dungeon crawling with town building and multiple party management.

It will be available in a “early access” state later in 2019 with a full release planned for sometime in 2020.

Heroes of a Broken Land 2 will feature a procedural world that’s highly customizable. The final version will contain:
  • Over 30 classes, hundreds of skills and 3 playable races
  • Build and customize you own town, dozens of buildings and additions
  • Dozens and dozens of unique quests and adventures that are seamlessly woven into a procedural world
  • Much much more!
Join the discussion here.

According to its Steam page, Heroes of a Broken Land 2 is coming to Early Access in August, and the plan is to stay in Early Access for at least a year. Quite a lot of detail for a game that's still seven months away - you'd think it'd be released sooner.

Zeriel

Arcane
I know it's just my peculiar tastes, but I'll still give my two cents: I really liked the old 2D map, so I think thats a downgrade. On the other hand the dungeon view is much, much better, and you spend more time there, so...

WingedPixel

Winged Pixel
Developer
It already flattens to 2D when you zoom out even in 3D mode. The world map can be set to be 2D at all zoom levels.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom