Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Heroine's Quest - D/L Link in OP - Available NOW (FREE)!

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Great news! This will give your team more visibility for future projects

suejak

Arbiter
Patron
Village Idiot
This good will you've earned for giving this game away for free is likely enormous, but damn, the game was well worth $10. I still can't believe that one of the best games I've played recently was free...

Ha yes, we are happy to say that Heroine's Quest is now available for free on Steam, thanks to Screen7 (publisher of The Cat Lady and upcoming The Samaritan Paradox).

http://store.steampowered.com/app/283880

There are a bunch of achievements set up, as well as badges and trading cards, so enjoy :)

I see you've removed the the dl-link for the regular version from your website as well. Will the Steam-free version ever come back or is this a Steam exclusive now?

Fizzii

Crystal Shard
Developer
Oh, I didn't realise Radiant changed the links around. You can still download v1.1 from IndieDB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/heroines-quest

I believe we will be releasing v1.2 on other distributors' sites too, with Screen 7's help, though I am not sure on the timing yet. Will keep you posted :)

Echo Mirage

Arcane
I seem to be having an issue here with the thief at the Munarvagir inn.

In all the posts and videos I have seen you are able to chase after the thief through the window and find a scrap of cloth on the ground. But I can only close the window or look out. Either way there is no scrap of cloth, and no way of continuing the game without it that I can see.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I seem to be having an issue here with the thief at the Munarvagir inn.

In all the posts and videos I have seen you are able to chase after the thief through the window and find a scrap of cloth on the ground. But I can only close the window or look out. Either way there is no scrap of cloth, and no way of continuing the game without it that I can see.

Just leave the room and go out the front door of the Inn. You will find a scrap there.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Tried that, there was nothing there. I think it has to do with playing a Sorceress. The game expects you to already have or to find and use Sixth sense to find out where to go next. Which was annoying since I though sixth sense was going to be an optional spell. Not something that had to be used to advance.

Fizzii

Crystal Shard
Developer
The scrap of cloth is only there for the warrior class.

You're on the right path for the sorceress - talk to the librarian and see if he knows of any book to help you.

Fizzii

Crystal Shard
Developer
Thanks jfrisby! I was going to post an update, but Radiant put up the Facebook announcement just as I had to leave home for work :P

Anyway, here is the announcement:

Dear fans,

For over a decade, Crystal Shard has created freeware adventure games (e.g. A Tale of Two Kingdoms), action puzzle games (such as SubTerra) and most famously the adventure RPG Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok. These games are completely free; they are a labor of love that we enjoy sharing with the world, and to us they're literally priceless.

Since the release of HQ:THoR, many people have said that they would happily donate money to support us in creating more quality games like this. Therefore, I've started this Patreon campaign for our fans. This is a system that allows you to help the creators you love (such as us!) by donating a small amount of money per month; you'll be a Patron of the Arts. It's up to you how much, and you can cancel at any time; this is to support us in creating more quality computer games. In return, we will give nice rewards to our patrons, such as monthly online design sessions, beta access, or even your own cameo in a future gam.

Click here to learn more, or click here to jump straight to the donation page. Thank you for your support!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, a standalone version of Heroine's Quest v1.2.1 is now available on IndieDB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/heroines-quest

I also wrote a walkthrough a while ago, which you can also download, though I'm sure many people here don't need to use a walkthrough :): http://www.indiedb.com/games/heroines-quest/downloads/heroines-quest-official-guide-book

For now, we're working on a non-adventure game, just to do something different (a sequel to Indiana Rodent and the Lost Cheese, which was released as part of the first AGS Bake Sale). I'm also currently looking at graphics for some other games, and if there's enough interest, we may do a sequel for Heroine's Quest in the future as well. Regarding Beer! - that game was released with the second AGS Bakesale, so most people will unfortunately miss out on it for now, but I am sure we will be allowed to release it again eventually :)

As to what the mystery RPG on the Patreon page is - I don't know what it will be yet either. It's very mysterious!

Fizzii

Crystal Shard
Developer
Hey guys!

Just a heads up that Radiant and I are planning to have a public chat session on 15th July, tentative time at 6 PM central daylight time, or 11:59 PM central European time (link TBA). If you're interested, but this time doesn't work best for you, please let us know what works on our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/HeroinesQuest , and we'll try to accommodate the majority.

Topics can cover anything you might be interested in, such as questions about Heroine's Quest, our current projects (including some possible sneak peeks), future projects, game development, and whatever else comes to mind.

Will post again closer to the date when we have firmed up details on the when and where!

Fizzii

Crystal Shard
Developer
Hi everyone,

The chat session I mentioned in the above post is on for tonight! We're starting at 11:00 PM (Central European Time), or 5:00 PM (Eastern Daylight Time for the US), or 7:00 AM (Eastern Australian Time). If that's too early for you, don't worry, we'll be around for a couple of hours. To ensure easy access, we'll be using a web-based chat room so you don't have to install anything: http://client01.chat.mibbit.com/#crystalshard

So if you have any questions for Radiant or me, come along and join us. See you there!

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm having a go at this.

Upsides: Too many to mention. Even the voice cast surprised me for being miles better than I expected.

Downsides: Was playing with 1.0, so I'm dl'ing 1.2 (1.2.1?) now, which might invalidate my savegames.

But the biggest gripe I have with this game is a personal one. I'm Icelandic, and I'm getting several shades of cringes when I hear how those "Olde Scandinavian Wordes" are mangled into something horrible. 'Hervor' should be pronounced 'Herwere' instead of 'Hervore' and 'Thrivaldi' should be pronounced 'Threevaldi' instead of 'Thryvaldi', just to name two examples. (Don't get me started on the dark elves.) It's too late to change any of this, but at times I feel like my culture is being oppressed when I hear these abominations. :P

V_K

Arcane
I dunno why you're taking it so personally. I, for one, had a ton of lulz with the "Russian"-sounding names of the trakovites in Geneforge. Vogel (as, it seems, most americans) absolutely can't tell a Russian first name from a second, and either of them from a patronym.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom