Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Incline Hey hey people, it's the SsethTzeentach thread

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by pippin, May 3, 2017.

1. SausageInYourFace Codexian Sausage Patron

SausageInYourFace
    Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Whats more is that has an actual hardcore audience. If he endorses something, no matter if its old, niche or super obscure shit, a large number of his audience will actually want to get their hands on that shit. When he recommended that weird space game nobody has heard of last time, the servers of their homepage crashed almost immediately.

• incline x 6
    • Brofist x 1
    • nice x 1
    • cool story bro x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. ropulos Learned

ropulos
    Now he needs to review AoD to make Vince rich

• Brofist x 8
    • incline x 5
    • Agree x 2
    • gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • decline x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    e-celeb "influencers" have a lot more sway in getting people to buy your game than shill reviewers, that's for sure

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    Not all of them sell real world copies specially of obscure indie games, Sseth is different, most successful "influencers" are attention whores that use the games as just a prop for themselves, people don't watch them for the games but for their "personality", most of them stick to AAA games (games that don't even need their reviews to sell anyway) because the objective isn't to talk about the game but the sweet youtube ad money and sell themselves as a "personality". Youtube is full of attention whores like that.

There are other "influencers" which content consist of making reviews on a process that wouldn't be strange on a sausage processing factory, they just place random video footage on the background and go rambling about the game on the most lazy way possible, their motto is the least amount of effort for the most bang possible. They go commenting about the features of the game on the most disconnected way possible, filled with barely developed subjective evaluations he quickly wrote down on some dirty napkin somewhere. You can see they played through the game but didn't even bother to actually think a little deeper about the game they just played.

Sseth doesn't do attention whoring nor produces content like an youtube sausage factory, he actually must waste a ton of time editing to make the gags to work as the gags aren't focused on him but on elements of the game so he shows the qualities of the game on a non autistic way that isn't a ultra lazy copy paste format that most youtubers do that manages to be funny with edgylord humor.

• Brofist x 16
    • Agree x 10
    • Prestigious x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Rahdulan Arcane Patron

Rahdulan
    I think that depends a lot more on the game than on e-celeb "star power", so to speak. There was an article talking about how PewDiePie, Markiplier, etc covering a game didn't really translate to increased sales seeing as their audience was there to watch streamer shenanigans and not for the game itself. They were also playing walking simulators and casual games you really see everything you want during said playthrough so the excitement is gone. RPGs are most likely received differently by audiences as something they themselves need to give a try. Also, one high impact video vs 50+ parts Let's Play series have different retention rates, I imagine.

^ Top  
  6. Maxie Der Einzige Patron

Maxie
    I gave him a sub back when he released that league of legends shen meme

• Prestigious x 3
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    Lets just make a little math, a 1 million views video, only 5% of people actually bother buying the game, that is 50000 sales to boost that number, Styg do an strategic sale on the right time, alot of money he justly deserves. The Merchant Guild is proud.

• Yes x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
    On the other hand there were several games that benefited from TotalBiscuit "bump", when he made a video.
    Renowned Explorers for example.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Lambach Arcane

Lambach
    [​IMG]

Can confirm. :dealwithit:

• Funny x 19
    • incline x 5
    • Brofist x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Bohrain Savant Patron

Bohrain
    I've heard rumors that he is planning to do a Sengoku Rance review. If MangaGamer can get the payment transfer shit sorted out they are in for some major cashflow.

• Excited! Excited! x 5
    • incline incline x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Mikeal Liturgist

Mikeal
    Well three years ago I wrote favorable review of Underrail, so will I also get free key? XD

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    It is on 3rd place on Steam's most sold worldwide list over Gears of War 5 for the moment. The power of Sseth is stronk.

• incline x 15
    • Brofist x 1
    • nice x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. SausageInYourFace Codexian Sausage Patron

SausageInYourFace
    Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Not sure if funny or decline but there is also a wave of new reviews that just thumbs up the game and states "Hey Hey People". Positive kind of review bombing, I guess.

• Slurp this person's delicious asshole Slurp this person's delicious asshole x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    ^ Top  
  14. NullFlow Learned

NullFlow
    /v/ shitposting has evolved into a market force. What's Sseth got left to cover; Fallout 1+2+NV, AoD and the other IE games?

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Black Arcane

Black
    Kotakus and polygones wish they had a fraction of power that Sseth/Mandalore posses, and that's just one person.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    • Prestigious x 10
    • incline x 2
    • Yes x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Makes you think... x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • [citation needed] x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Jonathan "Zee Cat Educated

Jonathan "Zee Cat
    Funniest of all is the fact he was giving the game for free with his code and yet people flooded torrets after the home page crashed. :positive:

^ Top  
  17. Bohrain Savant Patron

Bohrain
    Ssseth is really in a sweet spot where he can actually make a living by playing the somewhat obscure games he actually likes rather being a soulless AAA shill.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • incline incline x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Eyestabber Arcane Patron

Eyestabber
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    He mentioned rpg codex in more than one video.

• Prestigious x 5
    • Friendly x 3
    • Brofist x 1
    • When words are not enough x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Unkillable Cat Prestigious Gentleman LEST WE FORGET Patron

Unkillable Cat
    Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    Before watching the Underrail video, I was willing to consider this a rumor.

Then I watched it, and at 11:20 he all but confirmed it. Snownigger power! :dance:

EDIT: And because the discount is also on GOG, Sseth can claim +1 purchase because of his vid! :takemymoney:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    That is elder Malkavian blood in there, journos can't compete with their weak thin blood.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 7
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. typical user Learned

typical user
    I can see the memes from Jagged Alliance 2 review through Madness Network.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Machocruz Arcane

Machocruz
    Video further proves Underrail is the best RPG combat on the market. Fuck your action RPG bullshit.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. thesoup Arcane

thesoup
    It depends on the type of eceleb too. For example people watch guys like pewds, markiplier and a host of streamers for their personalities more so than the games they play. For guys like mandalore, sseth and totalbiscuit it's a combination of both. They like their personalities, but they also trust their judgement and value their recommendations.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Black Arcane

Black
    Who watches totalbiscuit now

• Despair x 12
    • Funny x 5
    • it is a mystery x 2
    • rolleyes x 1
    • Edgy x 1
    • :( x 1
    • "It was Aliens" x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Assisted Living Godzilla Arbiter

Assisted Living Godzilla
    The hit pieces will come soon.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)