Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Hey hey people, it's the SsethTzeentach thread

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Sseth likes Underrail? Well then, time to buy it... Oh wait, I already have it. I was waiting for the expansion to get a discount, which it still doesn't at the moment. :decline:

I also now get the complains about slow movement if walking is the only way to move your character around.
cheatengine's speed hacks...

lightbane

Arcane
I know about that program, but IIRC one of the game's incoming patches was supposed to include a speed animation slider or something.

PrettyDeadman

Sseth likes Underrail? Well then, time to buy it... Oh wait, I already have it. I was waiting for the expansion to get a discount, which it still doesn't at the moment. :decline:

I also now get the complains about slow movement if walking is the only way to move your character around.
Can you speed move speed while not speeding sound?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

:deathclaw:
I haven't seen it speed up sound in any game.....and i have played most TB games with it....like 30 games by now. It does speed up films/animations,but that easily fixed if you key bind the speed hacks,just push the normal speed button and you are fine.

PrettyDeadman

I haven't seen it speed up sound in any game.....and i have played most TB games with it....like 30 games by now. It does speed up films/animations,but that easily fixed if you key bind the speed hacks,just push the normal speed button and you are fine.
Does it speed up loading times?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

It shouldn't be,loading times are hardware thing.

Egosphere

Arcane

lol no, loading times are loading times. Though from what I remember, you could switch off autosaving when leaving an area, which would reduce the times spent on loading.
Cheat engine greatly improved the original underrail. You could bind x2 speed to one key, and x4 speed to another, and just switch between them. Need to backtrack 3 areas to do something? Not a problem. Just set it to x4 speed and you'll be there in no time. All sound effects / music is not sped up.

thesoup

Arcane
I don't think this game is for you. Go to the bioware subforum where you will find nonstop button awesome goodness

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Not all of them sell real world copies specially of obscure indie games, Sseth is different, most successful "influencers" are attention whores that use the games as just a prop for themselves, people don't watch them for the games but for their "personality", most of them stick to AAA games (games that don't even need their reviews to sell anyway) because the objective isn't to talk about the game but the sweet youtube ad money and sell themselves as a "personality". Youtube is full of attention whores like that.

There are other "influencers" which content consist of making reviews on a process that wouldn't be strange on a sausage processing factory, they just place random video footage on the background and go rambling about the game on the most lazy way possible, their motto is the least amount of effort for the most bang possible. They go commenting about the features of the game on the most disconnected way possible, filled with barely developed subjective evaluations he quickly wrote down on some dirty napkin somewhere. You can see they played through the game but didn't even bother to actually think a little deeper about the game they just played.

Sseth doesn't do attention whoring nor produces content like an youtube sausage factory, he actually must waste a ton of time editing to make the gags to work as the gags aren't focused on him but on elements of the game so he shows the qualities of the game on a non autistic way that isn't a ultra lazy copy paste format that most youtubers do that manages to be funny with edgylord humor.
This was easily the biggest media coverage we got in the ~10 years of the development. We couldn't really have had a better YouTuber cover the game, as he is pretty much at the top of the popularity range for those that cover these sort of niche, autism-inducing games. And I can confirm he put a lot of time into editing of this video to showcase as much of the good side of the game as possible while charitably glossing over the bad. Much love to Sseth.

so what does it mean for the future of Underrail?
We continue as planned but with a lot more financial security.

Styg should've sent a key to Mandalore too.
I did.

Codex Year of the Donut
Not all of them sell real world copies specially of obscure indie games, Sseth is different, most successful "influencers" are attention whores that use the games as just a prop for themselves, people don't watch them for the games but for their "personality", most of them stick to AAA games (games that don't even need their reviews to sell anyway) because the objective isn't to talk about the game but the sweet youtube ad money and sell themselves as a "personality". Youtube is full of attention whores like that.

There are other "influencers" which content consist of making reviews on a process that wouldn't be strange on a sausage processing factory, they just place random video footage on the background and go rambling about the game on the most lazy way possible, their motto is the least amount of effort for the most bang possible. They go commenting about the features of the game on the most disconnected way possible, filled with barely developed subjective evaluations he quickly wrote down on some dirty napkin somewhere. You can see they played through the game but didn't even bother to actually think a little deeper about the game they just played.

Sseth doesn't do attention whoring nor produces content like an youtube sausage factory, he actually must waste a ton of time editing to make the gags to work as the gags aren't focused on him but on elements of the game so he shows the qualities of the game on a non autistic way that isn't a ultra lazy copy paste format that most youtubers do that manages to be funny with edgylord humor.
This was easily the biggest media coverage we got in the ~10 years of the development. We couldn't really have had a better YouTuber cover the game, as he is pretty much at the top of the popularity range for those that cover these sort of niche, autism-inducing games. And I can confirm he put a lot of time into editing of this video to showcase as much of the good side of the game as possible while charitably glossing over the bad. Much love to Sseth.

I did.
Will Underrail 2 feature hookers?

PrettyDeadman

Sseth is ABSOLUTELY a "personality" youtuber, the fact that he puts effort into videos or have relatively inclined tastes doesn't change the fact that his content is heavily reliant on his delivery and jokes and entertainment derived from that, not on being particulary informative / objective / well-researched. I think majority of people want to watch another Sseth review, not a review of a game "X".

Codex Year of the Donut
Sseth is ABSOLUTELY a "personality" youtuber, the fact that he puts effort into videos or have relatively inclined tastes doesn't change the fact that his content is heavily reliant on his delivery of reviews / jokes and entertainment derived from that, not from being particulary informative / objective / well-researched.
His decision to almost exclusively only make videos about games that are either unknown by younger people or "hidden gems"(by normie standards) definitely helps. There's really nobody he's competing with for views because nobody else really makes that much content about these titles.

Ninjerk

Arcane

I did.
I can't remember if you've addressed this before (although I strongly suspect you have): do you talk about numbers with any kind of specificity? Can you contextualize the effect the review has had? Is it possible any of your plans will change because of this financial security?

Codex Year of the Donut
Daggerfall video next? (look at the end of the bookmarks bar)
snapshot.jpg

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
I can't remember if you've addressed this before (although I strongly suspect you have): do you talk about numbers with any kind of specificity? Can you contextualize the effect the review has had? Is it possible any of your plans will change because of this financial security?
I don't reveal sales data. What I said about it being the biggest media coverage can be applied to being the biggest sales spike as well, exceeding that of the initial Steam release (those were big events back before the Steam floodgates opened).

Nothing has changed in regards to our immediate or long term plans (which I will talk about in the next dev log), though if this results in long-term increase of regular sales (once the spike ends and the dust settles), it might allow us to increase our production capacities and make the stuff we plan to make even better.

Codex Year of the Donut
I don't reveal sales data. What I said about it being the biggest media coverage can be applied to being the biggest sales spike as well, exceeding that of the initial Steam release (those were big events back before the Steam floodgates opened).

Nothing has changed in regards to our immediate or long term plans (which I will talk about in the next dev log), though if this results in long-term increase of regular sales (once the spike ends and the dust settles), it might allow us to increase our production capacities and make the stuff we plan to make even better.
Rail Boy mascot + action figures confirmed

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom