Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Hey hey people, it's the SsethTzeentach thread

DeepOcean

Arcane
Not all of them sell real world copies specially of obscure indie games, Sseth is different, most successful "influencers" are attention whores that use the games as just a prop for themselves, people don't watch them for the games but for their "personality", most of them stick to AAA games (games that don't even need their reviews to sell anyway) because the objective isn't to talk about the game but the sweet youtube ad money and sell themselves as a "personality". Youtube is full of attention whores like that.

There are other "influencers" which content consist of making reviews on a process that wouldn't be strange on a sausage processing factory, they just place random video footage on the background and go rambling about the game on the most lazy way possible, their motto is the least amount of effort for the most bang possible. They go commenting about the features of the game on the most disconnected way possible, filled with barely developed subjective evaluations he quickly wrote down on some dirty napkin somewhere. You can see they played through the game but didn't even bother to actually think a little deeper about the game they just played.

Sseth doesn't do attention whoring nor produces content like an youtube sausage factory, he actually must waste a ton of time editing to make the gags to work as the gags aren't focused on him but on elements of the game so he shows the qualities of the game on a non autistic way that isn't a ultra lazy copy paste format that most youtubers do that manages to be funny with edgylord humor.
Sseth is ABSOLUTELY a "personality" youtuber, the fact that he puts effort into videos or have relatively inclined tastes doesn't change the fact that his content is heavily reliant on his delivery and jokes and entertainment derived from that, not on being particulary informative / objective / well-researched. I think majority of people want to watch another Sseth review, not a review of a game "X".
Are you aware that Sseth and Mandalore are the same dude right? So, what personality you are talking about? :lol: When I'm talking about a personality youtuber, I'm talking of a dude that shows his face on a camera and use youtube and social media to become famous and go on events as an "influencer", on conventions, do all kinds of publicity deals, do interviews on media sites, have special access to developers, fly on sponsored shilling events, do retarded reaction videos, farm forced ultrage and drama for views, do endless minecraft videos because that is what children watch, talk about superfluous pop culture retardation and all kinds of garbage superfluous content to promote himself into a millionaire exactly like pewdiepie did.

Of course all content you do will have your personality in there, that is unavoidable, that wasn't my definition of a "personality" youtube. I don't think some dude showing off his gay free utopia on Rim World where he was making money of recycled organs of gay people or making jokes about the holocaust as he burns enemies alive on an incineration chamber on Rim World will become the next youtube millionaire, that is for sure.:lol:

Sseth is the only 1 million + youtuber talking of incline games, that alone makes his edgy lord jokes more useful than 99,9% of youtube e-celeb clowns.

Gerrard

Arcane
Of course all content you do will have your personality in there, that is unavoidable, that wasn't my definition of a "personality" youtube. I don't think some dude showing off his gay free utopia on Rim World where he was making money of recycled organs of gay people or making jokes about the holocaust as he burns enemies alive on an incineration chamber on Rim World will become the next youtube millionaire, that is for sure.:lol:
I'm pretty sure most of his videos are "unsuitable for advertisement". I'd be surprised if he even still had the monetization options.

PrettyDeadman

I'm pretty sure most of his videos are "unsuitable for advertisement". I'd be surprised if he even still had the monetization options.
He runs on the patreon juice.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron

"The good old days. When a man amputating your leg, could also trim your beard"

rating_lulz.gif

10/10 Sseth. As always.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Sunless Skies looks a lot better than Sunless Seas in general, but I wish they'd have a more interesting or advanced ship/fleet and combat system, like some of those 2d indie space games (forgot the damn names, Commissar Draco was playing them recently iirc).

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sunless Skies looks a lot better than Sunless Seas in general, but I wish they'd have a more interesting or advanced ship/fleet and combat system, like some of those 2d indie space games (forgot the damn names, Commissar Draco was playing them recently iirc).

Yes Game seems to be wonky at this time Comrade, wait for some more patches and/or sale, I liked Train Engines enough but would jizz for Pre-Dreadnought era steam ships in space instead (how much cargo you can put in Steam Train without wagons) and there seems to be no manual saves neither. Its close to Commissar ideal game (Rouge Trader Simulator) but its still not quite yet to be honest.

Uncreation

Savant
It seems Sseth will stream on Dlive this wednesday. Anybody have any experience with Dlive? How does it compare to other streaming sites like Twitch?

a cut of domestic sheep prime

It seems Sseth will stream on Dlive this wednesday. Anybody have any experience with Dlive? How does it compare to other streaming sites like Twitch?
will still ban you for being raycist, but won't nuke you on the suspicion that you were racist in highschool or whatever, so probably ok for now.

they banned metokur for simply talking about someone being raped on stream, but then there are guys like Randbot that keep getting nuked for laughing about fake holocaust stories and keep coming back with alts.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

He removed it. The plot thickens! I guess maybe it was because of the african-american word?
What, the replay? It’s there. You just can’t access replays in the app. They’re on the site. Just click on replays.

Edit: oh, the original announcement was just a short 3 min announcement. Doesn’t apply now that the stream is over and technically using YT for the sole purpose of announcing other content is against TOS.

And the N word, yeah

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom