Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Hey hey people, it's the SsethTzeentach thread

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
mandalore's really good but i do prefer sseth's more irreverent humor in his reviews more often that not

Black Angel

Arcane
Oooh, you're gonna make Sseth loyalists angry.
Meh, Sseth (((loyalists))) are just in denial that he and Mandy are one and the same.

On a more serious note, the best way to go about this is to have (((someone))) split the thread into this one and another one for Mandy. The review I shared above is kinda special, not just because of another one of Sseth cameo, but also because the execution mirrors more and more like that of Sseth (basically Mandy went on to tell his personal experience as a way to present the review, minus the memes and chaotic editing). To make long story short, another game sold to me added to my.... bloated list of.... backlog........

So many games, so very little time :negative:

Dayyālu

Arcane
I'm sorta disappointed the Lobotomy Corporation gals didn't get a victory in the vote.

That one would deserve a review, it's a best worst game at its finest (I mean, the gameplay is some kind of weird hybrid of a bad mobile game with some devious stuff thrown in, and it has ... how I can say, a peculiarity you don't find that often).

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
TL;DW: HoMM 3 still best; HoMM 5 is meh.

EDIT: According to the video. I don't have an opinion on the matter.

Last edited:

Citizen

3 is a bit better, but 2 is still very worth playing.

3 is somewhat better gameplay-wise, but 2 is much better looking and has a better campaign. Also 3 pretty much HOMOgenized all factions a little bit too much, going away from HoMM2's formula where every town had a clear powerspike in early/late game due to army costs and strength

PrettyDeadman

Based Sseth dabbed on all the nerds who said HoMM5 was bad.

biggestboss

Liturgist
If I were to only buy one HoMM on Steam, which would it be to get the best experience for a newcomer?

Citizen

If I were to only buy one HoMM on Steam, which would it be to get the best experience for a newcomer?

There are no good HoMMs on steam. Steam doesn't have 2 and steam version of 3 is a terrible ubisoft remaster with prosper-tier graphics and no expansions.

Get 2 or 3 on gog or any abadonware site honestly, it's not like their creators would get any money anyway. If you are limited to steam, then roll with a HoMM5 + 5.5 mod or Eador: Genesis + NH mod for best HoMM experience

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom