Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Hey hey people, it's the SsethTzeentach thread

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
He is the victim of an Anti-Semitic attack.

When I saw the new video there was a moment I thought we were getting the first actual new one of the year. But the wait continues.

I'm not sure how many are missing, but I did notice the Honey Select thumbnail doesn't have a big titty anime girl in it anymore, and the one video he used to have on his second channel is missing.

3iPHBC0cf4_JL8aZPAhNNGlfVX2ogo7DRmimgEiwD3E.jpg

Guess it doesn't have the same bee either.

Last edited:

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If you are going to use a non-YouTube video service might as well go with PeerTube. Unlike bitchute and others, PeerTube is not just fully decentralized in terms of hosting but also federated which allows anyone to run a PeerTube instance - pretty much like anyone can run an email server or torrent server. With federation, an instance can follow other instances so that videos posted there will be forwarded to them. Even if an instance blocks a video, another instance that follows the same video source will keep publishing it to others that follow them.

Luka-boy

Arcane

Well this looks rad as hell, and it's 50% off on GOG. I had only heard of it and just assumed it was another RTS.

Holy shit, look at the quality of the intro scene of that video!
:shredder:

But yeah, Mechanicus was one of my best purchases last year. Good turn-based gameplay, oozes atmosphere and the soundtrack is indeed top-tier.
15683649331063tj97.jpg

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Mechanicus is an amazing game. I picked it on a whim a few months back and the game really does blow you the fuck out with its sound design, music, writing and atmosphere. Playing it with a headset just gives me massive chills.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is the difficulty curve in Mechanicus really so broken? Sort of difficult early game, super easy mode after that? Everything else about it looks good, but I remember that being a very common complaint at release and it still shows up every time I see this game.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Is the difficulty curve in Mechanicus really so broken? Sort of difficult early game, super easy mode after that? Everything else about it looks good, but I remember that being a very common complaint at release and it still shows up every time I see this game.
On the default settings it's like that. But like Mandalore showed in the review you can customize pretty much every aspect of the gameplay, so perhaps it's possible to make it challenging that way, at least for a longer time.

Black

Arcane
I like customization but needing the player to tinker with difficulty so that a game is properly challenging for a first timer strikes me as bad and lazy design.
But of course rpgs players can't cast stones since most rpgs are like that, toughest at start, piss easy at the end.

lightbane

Arcane

When your faction unlocks weaponry like this, it is obvious that difficulty was going to drop once these guns become a thing.

The Graviton Cannon is a large type of gravitational projector weapon. The Power of the Graviton Cannon is sufficient to rupture organs and crack bones even inside armour, but it's primary use is to counter enemy machinery without the risk of secondary explosions. Graviton Cannons have been seen mounted on Rapiers and Centurions[1] and heavy versions are used by the Adeptus Mechanicus[2] which are powerful enough to break Obliterators in two with a single blast.[3]

Torsion Cannons are a type of weapon used by the Adeptus Mechanicus. Mounted on Kataphron Battle Servitors, the tri-sectional barrel of the torsion cannon is amongst the holiest of Mars’ weapon technologies. When energised, it sends out three synchronous gaol-fields that hold sections of the target in place. As the sections of the cannon’s barrel turn counter to one another, the matter grasped in the fields is mercilessly twisted, subjected to an impossible torque that rips, buckles and ruins alien monstrosities and enemy war engines alike.[1]

They have large AOE fields though.

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
Bought Mechanicus after seeing that review (GOG discount going along the video was really sweet, hope more publishers do that in the future). I've yet to even install the game, but the soundtrack alone was worth the entire purchase.

Edija

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I can't believe we actually got a Mechanicus game before a good Jagged Alliance/Xcom clone featuring CSM vs SM... Or at least a remake of Chaos Gate.

So, basically Mandalore = Sseth confirmed?

Citizen

Tried this last year. Enjoyable gameplay, but it's pretty much grind and grind of the samey missions, so I uninstalled after two hours. Bosses are fun tho

Sounds like a similar problem Alien Swarm had where you just did the same thing over and over.

I was to fast to judge Synthetik. I returned to it and have been playing co-op with a friend for the few days already and I'm having a blast. The classes synergy and gun/build variety that opens to you when you lvlup your classes adds a much needed replayability. Definetly worth it to coop, so thanks seth for making me play it again, I guess

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I can't believe we actually got a Mechanicus game before a good Jagged Alliance/Xcom clone featuring CSM vs SM... Or at least a remake of Chaos Gate.

So, basically Mandalore = Sseth confirmed?
I just want a decent IG based game.

Murk

Arcane
Mechanicus is definitely more of a rule-of-cool game, and for it's price it's a good buy. I got it when it came out after seeing some gameplay and while it's not brain dead easy it is probably one of the easiest "tactical" games I've played. Still, props for having the balls to implement a giant omnipresent timer -- and the CYOA style events are pretty fun.

Some of the missions are pretty interesting too... like literally going to fight and potentially losing troops to light incense and/or put up a vox-box that will chant sacred scripture through the tombs.

I don't know shit about 40k "lore" outside of what I encounter in video games and what random esteemed autists share on forums, so no clue how faithful any of this is, but it definitely comes off as fun.

Haven't played the DLC tho, so might grab that.

He's not wrong though, the art style/sound is an easy 10/10. If the fights had more to throw at you and there was more uniqueness in the tech priests it'd be better, IMO, but it's still a fun game.

And of course the OST:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom