Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Hey hey people, it's the SsethTzeentach thread

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What about the Voight-Kampff test though.
You're in a hot desert when a friendly turtle walks past your feet. You kick it on its back and let the hot sun bake its insides. Why did you do that?
Hey, I didn't kick it, the turtle got in the way of my foot as I was walking.

Mark Richard

Arcane
You're in a hot desert when a friendly turtle walks past your feet. You kick it on its back and let the hot sun bake its insides. Why did you do that?
The results of a Voight-Kampff test are predicated on provoking an emotional response. I'm not sure these standard questions would work here. Better to tailor the questions for the unique psychological profile of a Codexer.

'You go to a restaurant with friends. Everyone at the table becomes increasingly uncomfortable in your presence. Their faces show disgust after you claim all turn-based games are trash. Why would you say this?'

'Your boss has the brilliant idea of dressing you up like an anthropomorphic fox to improve customer service. You like the feel of the costume so much that you take it home with you.'

'It's your anniversary. Your wife is in the kitchen cooking up pancakes while you take a moment to stretch out in bed. Your hand bumps into something underneath her pillow - it's a copy of Fallout 3, scented in another man's aftershave.'

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron

Max Damage

Savant
It's uncanny how much of stuff I've played he reviewed. I wonder if he'll ever review the original Wizardry, or Ultima Underworld. Temple of Elemental Evil review would be sweet as well, he basically almost reviewed all of Troika's work.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

But what if that turtle stole a package of swampweed from Khorinis?

The prompt didn't mention swampweed did it? ;)
Turtle's obviously high, it's walking instead of crawling.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
The man hired someone / made his own animated avatars in Wizardry 8, which is a process of extreme fiddling and tedium; Wizardry IV will be a cakewalk.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
It's uncanny how much of stuff I've played he reviewed. I wonder if he'll ever review the original Wizardry, or Ultima Underworld. Temple of Elemental Evil review would be sweet as well, he basically almost reviewed all of Troika's work.
Older Wizardries?
Don't think so, Wiz8 is already ancient for average dorito muncher, yet Sseth managed to describe the game so they might grasp the concept of the game.
Ultima Underworld? Maybe? You have some options & gameplay is varied so why not.
ToEE? Shoot all the bugbear jokes & praise the combat. Mention how boring Hommlet is so you better spam Rest for encounters? Done.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
It sure has been a while.

15fceab2fa96b4fd4a91548d1ac1b327.png

Also, maybe it's just that we matured as RPG players, but damn have we gotten good at this genre. Playing on Expert and practically never get anyone killed or wiped. I guess I still remember the old strategies.
Even my parties are better these days. My old "ultra maxed out" party I played this with last time, imported from 7, was struggling all those years ago.

Went to the Umpani first, ignoring Arnika, which I had never done before. Profitable!

My two current parties (the one posted above, and a new one for lulz consisting of 2 Fighters, 1 Ranger, 1 Bard, 1 Gadgeteer, 1 Bishop) are utterly crushing the game.
I might remake that second party in 3 Fighters or maybe 2 Fighters and a Rogue since the Bard-only gear I have been finding raised SEN to sky-high levels and so I wouldn't need Scouting.

Edit:

Oops, I repositioned...

111887791d5fd8c66c1658ab3beee739.png

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
wuz8 is his best work yet. Amazing video.
I still remember fondly wuz8. Shit, i need to add it to my "to play" list.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
Am I the only one who doesn't give a fuck about Mandalore? why is he being posted here constantly, just for the tired jokes? my alert button goes brrrr and when I come here, I am all disappointed man.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom