Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN 2 - the new NON-episodic Hitman game

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
The Hitman 2 free prologue is the same two missions that came free with Hitman 2016 right?
Yes, although there are slight differences for Hitman 2's new features. There's foliage you can hide in on the second mission and crowds in the first.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
What a shame, they changed the Custom 5mm pistol to no longer have suppressed ammo, but it now has 7 rounds instead of 5 as it did in Hitman 2016. Feels kinda pointless/strange to do that because the use it had was already limited, as there's almost always an alternative way to get past frisk zones anyway.

Jinn

Arcane
Hmmm, the legacy pack thing didn't seem to work for me. I'm going to install my couple of episodes from the first HITMAN just to see if that does it. Otherwise, looks like you need the full first season to get the legacy pack.

EDIT: Yeah, seems like you need the complete first season for that to work. Oh well.

Last edited:

Vibalist

Arcane
That's kinda shit, tbh. Hopefully they can add individual maps in later, or at least give a discount on the legacy thing if you already own some of the maps.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
That's kinda shit, tbh. Hopefully they can add individual maps in later, or at least give a discount on the legacy thing if you already own some of the maps.
They do for Hitman 2016, GOTY Legacy Pack for Hitman 2 is a flat 20€. 20€ I believe is more than cheap, considering that Hitman 2016 GOTY is 60€.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
They do for Hitman 2016, GOTY Legacy Pack for Hitman 2 is a flat 20€. 20€ I believe is more than cheap, considering that Hitman 2016 GOTY is 60€.
In other words, wait for a discount.

Valtiel

Scholar
Are the old map remasters worth buying it on ps4? I've got the season 1 over there but now I also have a pc capable of pirating the new one:?

Sentinel

Arcane
Hey PowerTorment, now that Hitman 2 is confirmed to be a first week financial disappointment, can you ask people around the studio if it was worth it to have Denuvo, Always-online DRM, 2005-tier PC graphical options, 5 levels and to ask people for 60€? Also please ask them why Jesper Kyd hasn't returned.

Thanks!

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Hey PowerTorment, now that Hitman 2 is confirmed to be a first week financial disappointment, can you ask people around the studio if it was worth it to have Denuvo, Always-online DRM, 2005-tier PC graphical options, 5 levels and to ask people for 60€? Also please ask them why Jesper Kyd hasn't returned.

Thanks!
I've been on the fence to get Hitman 2 but guess I'll wait for a deep sale. Is it worth getting at all?

Sentinel

Arcane

Thanks!
I've been on the fence to get Hitman 2 but guess I'll wait for a deep sale. Is it worth getting at all?
There's a pretty big chunk of people that, during the 2016 Hitman days, were critical of IOI for their Elusive Targets (that are live for one day and disappear forever, rewards you'll never get), always-online DRM, Denuvo, and lack of gameplay features compared to Blood Money, a 10 year old game. At the time, these people directed most of their rage at Square Enix, screaming "it's all the publisher's fault". The usual talk.
Square Enix quits the picture and IOI has full control of the IP. The same mistakes are made, except now the sect has shifted into irrationally defending IOI despite getting brutally assfucked at every angle by them.

Is Hitman 2 good? Yeah, from what I've played of it it's more of the same. (TM) 1 was good, this one is too (if you turn your brain off and don't compare it to Blood Money). Is it 60€ good? No, it isn't. The content is simply not there to justify it.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Thanks!
There's a pretty big chunk of people that, during the 2016 Hitman days, were critical of IOI for their Elusive Targets (that are live for one day and disappear forever, rewards you'll never get), always-online DRM, Denuvo, and lack of gameplay features compared to Blood Money, a 10 year old game. At the time, these people directed most of their rage at Square Enix, screaming "it's all the publisher's fault". The usual talk.
Square Enix quits the picture and IOI has full control of the IP. The same mistakes are made, except now the sect has shifted into irrationally defending IOI despite getting brutally assfucked at every angle by them.

Is Hitman 2 good? Yeah, from what I've played of it it's more of the same. (TM) 1 was good, this one is too (if you turn your brain off and don't compare it to Blood Money). Is it 60€ good? No, it isn't. The content is simply not there to justify it.
Then I'll wait for a deep deep sale or maybe just not get it at all. Thanks for the info

mck

Cipher
I would agree that it isn't worth $60, but I also can't remember the last time I paid ~$60 for a game. I got lucky and found a really good deal on Hitman 2, and I would definitely recommend it to fans of Hitman 2016 for around $30. If you didn't care for 2016 Hitman, A. you have bad taste B. you probably won't enjoy this one either.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
You can get it from CD key sites for only around 30 bucks. Those probably aren't legit though, the cheapest you can get it from a legit source is Green Man Gaming for 51€
IMO, wait a bit for patches + new location(s) to come out first. Grab it next time it's on a sale.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm having great fun with the remastered missions from Hitman 2016 so far. Will be waiting for a sale to get the Hitman 2 content though.

AnnoyingCriminal

While I kind of like nu-hitman, i probably played it more than any previous game in the series, i still feel like devs themselves dont really understand what really made this series great. Havent played 2018 one, i checked out comics which story is supposed to be the same as the games, and honestly its awful. Who thought it is a good idea? It doesnt really matter, who cares about story in a hitman game, but it still leaves bad taste in mouth. Gameplay is worse, which is weird, because it isnt even bad. I replayed all the hitmen recently and the new one doesnt feel like one at all. Its too open, too non-linear, too focused on replayability to provide amazing experience from playing it. It only provides decent experience, which is a letdown from other game which provided great one. Too much openness means you will never get the feeling of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGlhoUE86gA playing after the successful hit. I remember every mission from old, but i dont remember any ways of killing Francesca de Santis in the new one, even though i did that more times than anything from previous ones.
I am mostly talking about 2016, but then 2018 feels like glorified mission pack for it, so i dont think much have changed.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
It doesnt really matter, who cares about story in a hitman game, but it still leaves bad taste in mouth.
I mean, you can just ignore it. That's what I do any time I replay Hitman Blood Money. The story isn't forced down your throat any more than it has in the past, and Hitman Blood Money arguably had it worse with unskippable mid mission cutscenes like in Flatline. I really don't get this non-issue of yours at all.
Its too open, too non-linear, too focused on replayability to provide amazing experience from playing it.
Except that was my dream Hitman from the very beginning. Linearity kills replayability, which is why I don't replay Hitman SA/Contracts/BM too often because it's all going to end the same way and essentially always follow a predetermined path.
which provided great one.
I don't believe the initial experience is any worse in Hitman 2016 than it is in Hitman Blood Money, it's just that Blood Money can't be replayed for anywhere near as long as 2016 can.

AwesomeButton

Patron
I've been meticulously running through the Paris mission for the last 12 hours. It's really fun. If nothing else, this game will make me upgrade my graphics card. It does look beautiful on all settings, but I want to see it in 4k.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
I've been meticulously running through the Paris mission for the last 12 hours. It's really fun. If nothing else, this game will make me upgrade my graphics card. It does look beautiful on all settings, but I want to see it in 4k.

So does 'upgrading' season 1 by getting season 2 wipe all season 1 progress? That kinda sucks as Im halfway through season 1, dunno if I want to repeat everything so soon.

Sentinel

Arcane

So does 'upgrading' season 1 by getting season 2 wipe all season 1 progress? That kinda sucks as Im halfway through season 1, dunno if I want to repeat everything so soon.
They're different executables. If you buy HITMAN 2 while having the previous missions, you'll have to progress in all of them to unlock rewards, achievements and all that. Your shit doesn't carry over.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
No, Hitman 2016 and Hitman (Season) 2 are separate games, and your progress from Season 1 won't carry over to Season 2.

AwesomeButton

Patron
They've reorganized what rewards you get for what challenges and mission mastery, and this makes it a lost cause to try to keep or port the mission progress data from hitman 2016.

One issue I had with Hitman 2016 and was hoping to see addressed was the pointless items with cosmetic differences. Emetic syringe vs the Antique Emetic Syringe, lockpick vs 'classic lockpick'. What's the point? Also, I really regret having such a variety of possible suits with no special features of any one suit.

Some application of the School of Sawyerism would have been welcome here - make the classic lockpick unlock 15% faster, or make one suit better for running, another letting you climb pipes faster, etc.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom