Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN 2 - the new NON-episodic Hitman game

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Seeing this reminded me that I preordered the first season and abandoned it after episode 2. The game's mechanically solid but I don't know, it didn't hook me like how Blood Money sucked all my free time back in 2006... :cry:

Sentinel

Arcane
https://www.reddit.com/r/HiTMAN/comments/8pbkho/warner_bros_live_reveal_megathread/e0a1uzl/

For anyone who can't watch the stream:

Hitman 2
  • Releases November 13 for PS4, Xbox One, PC
  • Not episodic. Hitman 2 is the whole package.
  • Three editions: Standard, Silver (includes Sniper Assassin, Executive Pack and Expansion 1), Gold (same bonuses plus Early Access and Expansion 2)
  • If you pre-order, you can download and play Sniper Assassin right away.
  • Collector's Edition (possibly console only?): Includes Collector's Pack (containing Concussive Rubber Duck and Midnight Black Suit) as well as:
  • Gun Case Replica & Collectables
  • Exclusive Steelcase
  • Bullet Keyring
  • Rubber Duck
  • Signature Coin
  • Sniper Assassin
  • Online co-op multiplayer (Agent 47 is assisted by Agent Stone and Agent Knight)
  • Levels appear to play similarly to The Vector from Patient Zero
  • Six new levels:
  • Miami (set during an international motorsport race)
  • Chateau in the mountains (set during a wedding - might be Sniper Assassin-exclusive)
  • Rainforest
  • New weapons
  • Marble bust
  • Dead fish
  • Tape measure
  • Defibrillator
  • Muffin
  • Iron
  • Pool ball
  • Bolt remover
  • New system to blend within crowds and surroundings
  • Story revolves around eliminating the Shadow Client
  • More Elusive Targets are planned
  • Each expansion adds a new location, as well as missions, outfits, and weapons.
  • The briefcase is back!

Sentinel

Arcane
ahIK29K.png

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Awesome.
I'm glad it's not episodic but the fact that there's about 3 billion different 'editions' that you need a chart to explain is really lame. I'm excited, but I hope the map quality will be high like Hitman 2016, sure seems so from the screenshots. Dual silverballers seem to be missing, but at least the briefcase is back. Also kinda curious what the Expansion 1 and 2 mean, since to me it sounds like content they had to cut from the standard edition to make the silver and gold editions be more content packed.
I'm definitely buying it if or when I get a new PC (or console, since these PC RAM and GPU prices are never falling).

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Watch me buy this at 50% off.

No one gives a crap about bonus items, these eventually get lumped up in some Director's Cut Full Package Complete Edition a year after release.

No one gives a crap about online coop whack a mole. We've played it enough when we were 7 on a tv console.

Are weapons more meaningful, or are they mostly still reskins that handle and function the same? No info.

Are exploits with coins and with bumping into people shut down? No info.

Are there going to be native languages when the context doesn't require English? No info but most probably not.

Tancred

Learned
Will it still require always-online to get unlocked gear/options like Hitman 2016 apparently still does? This is a deal-breaker for me if so.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Looks superb. Very high quality, the new music sounds great too, it sounds like the same guy making it as Hitman 2016. I might get a lot of shit for this but I loved the music in Hitman 2016 and I don't miss Jesper Kyd as much as some do, although he was sometimes absolutely great I feel that the ambient music that plays when you are just scouting around and haven't progressed far yet was often just extremely annoying. I never felt that way with Hitman 2016 as I had with Hitman 2 and Blood Money.

Ivan

Arcane
I really hope they let us toss/throw equipped items. I've fond memories of sneaking weapons/items in Blood Money by tossing them over fences.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I think that's something they want to purposefully avoid to not have the player break the level design.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
It really isn't, it's more about just applying intended game mechanics in clever ways, as Hitman is a sandbox game at core. Normal players and even super fans will rarely purposefully break the game unless they are speedrunning. Besides, you can still do that, it's just that they didn't want the regular player to figure out you can throw your gun and make all the guard checkpoints checkpointless. The clever players will still figure out a way.

Master

Arbiter
Looks superb. Very high quality, the new music sounds great too, it sounds like the same guy making it as Hitman 2016. I might get a lot of shit for this but I loved the music in Hitman 2016 and I don't miss Jesper Kyd as much as some do, although he was sometimes absolutely great I feel that the ambient music that plays when you are just scouting around and haven't progressed far yet was often just extremely annoying. I never felt that way with Hitman 2016 as I had with Hitman 2 and Blood Money.
What are you talking about?

This is great stuff.
Any new tracks as good?

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
The second one isn't bad (although way too ambient, not enough activity), but playing a shitton of Hitman 2 when I was younger that first one drove me INSANE. It was annoying as fuck and I hated everything about it, when I wrote about how I hated some of Jesper Kyd's ambient early level stuff that one specific song was ringing in my head. Not to say I hate all of his music, fuck no, a lot of his work on Contracts and the Jungle Exploration theme in C47 was great.
But yes, I think that Hitman 2016's OST is really good. The song "Showstopper" being my favorite probably in the entire series because it has the perfect spy movie esque vibe and when it transitions from exploration to combat and back it's just so well done.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom