Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN 2 - the new NON-episodic Hitman game

Vibalist

Arcane
That's a bad example, cause the mime in Sapienza is quite a distance away from the mansion which means they won't be able to hear it and guard AI knowledge does not transfer over to civilians unless they see or hear some sort of firefight in the first place. If they do hear gunshots they will run to the closest guard and then those guards will run to the reported position, alerting other guards on the way.

I used a better example a while back. I guess it doesn't really matter if I spoiler it:

If you make Sierra Knox's car crash on the track, nobody reacts. Everyone just moves on as usual. I don't give a fuck, that's shit AI.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Accidents aren't kills and that is no different from Hitman Blood Money where you could kill the entire map by disarming them and pushing them off of railings and still retain a Silent Assassin rating in the process. Like tossing a coin at the glass ceiling in A New Life and having that kill 5+ people, but no one will suspect you if you take a swim with all their bodies.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
If you make Sierra Knox's car crash on the track, nobody reacts. Everyone just moves on as usual. I don't give a fuck, that's shit AI.
Not really shit AI, just an unfortunate lack of scripting. It would probably be better if the crowd acts shocked and some paramedics and firefighters went to the wreckage, but sometimes you just don't have much time to work out details like that.

waterdeep

Learned
yes let me post this cuck twitch shill youtuber as an argument for why this game is BAD instead of using my own words since I haven't played it and just parrot others shit

waterdeep

Learned
"I don't feel like replaying the missions as the devs intended"
"I generally play Hitman for the story"
Doesn't feel like replaying Hitman missions yet has 95 hours of Fallout 76 content on his youtube page, alright. This guy seems like he would say Absolution is his favorite Hitman game, because of the story, cutscenes and that you see everything the game has to offer in one go.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
"
Doesn't feel like replaying Hitman missions yet has 95 hours of Fallout 76 content on his youtube page

This is a pretty disingenuous argument considering he is essentially playing it for clicks and views and spends most of his time bashing it.
He looks like a soylent cuck and I have never watched his stream so I could be wrong, but in all the Fallout 76 Meme videos posted around Youtube, I will usually see clips from his stream where he is shitting on it.

I don't think Hate-Playing a game for the amusement of your fans, while padding your wallet with twitch-bux really fits your narrative here though.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

"It wasn't that bad" - what a shithead. You have to admire the authority with which he talks after 6 hours of playing.

yes let me post this cuck twitch shill youtuber as an argument for why this game is BAD instead of using my own words since I haven't played it and just parrot others shit
Not even touching on the irony of what shirt he is wearing. :lol:

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Is there any reason to buy the Hitman game of the year edition instead of getting Hitman 2 and buying the game pack?
There are some minor differences which people who have played Hitman 2016 first will tell you make Hitman 2016 better - I can understand the comments about the updated engine making some of the older missions look worse, but I think it's ultimately a matter of personal preference.

There are also some gameplay changes in favor of Hitman 2 though, the most notable of which is that in Hitman 2 guards will come after you if you are spotted on a security camera.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

His criticism is basically the same as all the criticism for the episodic one.

The difference is that the episodic one came in smaller bites, so you didn't view it as one full game and therefore there wasn't that expectation.

I'm still deciding whether or not to get this myself. If it's basically more of the same, I wouldn't mind playing through it. There were some really fun episodes in the last one.

But what I was hoping for was AI improvements that would make it at least as good as Blood Money. A bit of fabulous optimism perhaps, but this is what I'd like to see.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
If it's basically more of the same, I wouldn't mind playing through it. There were some really fun episodes in the last one.
Congrats! That's what it is. Hitman 2 was originally meant to be Season 2 but because of the Squenix split and all, that didn't happen.
But what I was hoping for was AI improvements that would make it at least as good as Blood Money. A bit of fabulous optimism perhaps, but this is what I'd like to see.
IMO basically every gameplay element, including AI, has been improved in HITMAN™ 2 and 2016 over BM.

AwesomeButton

Patron
One thing that really tells you how much this CohDumbfuck is qualified to give opinion on Hitman 2 is that one, probably the single biggest issue from Hitman 2016 has not been even touched in Hitman 2, and he fails to notice it. It never even occurs to him.

Watch the first 2-3 youtube videos of how to pass a given mission in Hitman 2016 and you will see all kinds of AI abuses which are neither realistic, nor intended by the developers. IO has done nothing in that regard - the AI is abuseable in all the same ways. And the best criticism you can come up with is "Oh, there were too few missions for me to rush through, this game isn't worth $60 if you rush through it". Well, which game is worth $60 if you rush through it, you brainfarter?

and 2016 over BM.
Again, in 2016 bodies could never be discovered. Blood trails were gone. These two things alone hugely simplified gameplay.

Yes, BM had exploits etc, but not many people knew them and figuring out how to break the game was fun in itself.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
in 2016 bodies could never be discovered
What are you talking about? Bodies can't be found only from either poison kills or accident kills, and that is exactly the same as it was in Blood Money.
Blood trails were gone
I always found it irrelevant when playing any Hitman game because you have so many options of killing your target in a place where none of the AI is pathed to.

Last edited:

What are you talking about? Bodies can't be found only from either poison kills or accident kills
*I meant to say after they're hidden.

I've written about this so many times, I would think you'd remember my issue with it.

Blood trails would lead guards to the bodies.
I always found it irrelevant when playing any Hitman game because you have so many options of killing your target in a place where none of the AI is pathed to.
Well, that's just a stupid opinion. The point of a Hitman game, especially these last two Hitman games, is to kill in varied ways. If all you every do is eliminate your targets in safe zones designed for retards who wouldn't be able to figure out how to do to anywhere else or just taking the kills that are so obvious they're practically a "kill guy here" button, then you're playing the game like a boring putz.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
What are you talking about? Bodies can't be found only from either poison kills or accident kills

I've written about this so many times, I would think you'd remember my issue with it.

Well, that's just a stupid opinion. The point of a Hitman game, especially these last two Hitman games, is to kill in varied ways. If all you every do is eliminate your targets in safe zones designed for retards who wouldn't be able to figure out how to do to anywhere else or just taking the kills that are so obvious they're practically a "kill guy here" button, then you're playing the game like a boring putz.
The AI is smart as a rock,just watch a few videos about the game and you will see how non-responding is. You put a rake in front of someone,then he ignores this walks directly in to the rake. Or how you push a button to kill somebody with a minigun and everyone "meh,who cares".

Informative. The videos of the much hyped retarded homing briefcase that can literally follow people around corners were embarrassing enough, I was afraid to search for more.
Or how you push a button to kill somebody with a minigun and everyone "meh,who cares".
Same as the 2016 AI then.

I remember in BM where blowing up a bomb put people on high alert and half the NPCs would rush to leave the area.

Whelp, looks like this is another "wait for a big sale" item then.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected

IIRC the bodies wouldn't get found if they are dumped in a container and blood led to it, and containers were in places where no guard ever went through anyway. There has literally never been a place or time where I have got a bodies found because of blood trails, perhaps because I don't play the game like a dumbfuck (you) who shoots their target in hallways where guards often walk through.
I remember in BM where blowing up a bomb put people on high alert and half the NPCs would rush to leave the area.
Same case in ™2. Consider not listening to retards who have never played the game.
The reason why the AI is unfazed by an accident happening is because it is an accident. If you shoot someone and a guard finds the body, the entire area will be on high alert for a while and if you happen to be carrying a gun and get spotted near the body you will probably be blamed and be forced to fake surrender to the guard, which will more than likely lead to a shootout. Accidents also showed basically no reaction in Blood Money, so I really don't get what you are trying to get at.

IIRC the bodies wouldn't get found if they are dumped in a container and blood led to it
Wrong. Containers in BM weren't the invisible safe space they are in 2016 and 2.
containers were in places where no guard ever went through anyway.
What? No, there were plenty of containers guards and civilians walked by that could be used. Really, if you don't remember the game, don't act like you do.
I don't play the game like a dumbfuck (you)
Pretty sure if anyone is a dumbfuck, it's the guy who's defending a dumbed down game based on incorrect memories of a much better game.
who shoots their target in hallways where guards often walk through.
Why would it be dumb if blood trails no longer exist and guards never search containers?
Consider not listening to retards who have never played the game.
Or retards who can't even remember the game they are arguing about.
The reason why the AI is unfazed by an accident happening is because it is an accident.
lol, wow, so when someone gets shot in front of you, you imminently know it was an "accident" and are totally calm about it? You're a complete fanboy and you should really seek professional help for this autistic rut of denial you've been stuck in this whole thread.
Accidents also showed basically no reaction in Blood Money, so I really don't get what you are trying to get at.
Except for people running, screaming "oh my God!" etc.

Wow, look at how the pool boy shows "no reaction" by running away. :roll:

They even programmed in Easter Eggs for some accidents:
https://youtu.be/_Pcl2UuxP_U?t=689

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i dont think anyone argue that blood money is inferior. it is still in most aspect superior to the new that doesnt make the new one bad games, they are still amazing games, have mechanical difference that some think inferior to blood money, but it is still great. you are acting like a child throwing tantrum because it is not the same game and so are most of the nu hitman games.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
What? No, there were plenty of containers guards and civilians walked by that could be used. Really, if you don't remember the game, don't act like you do.
Like when? Containers were a rarity to begin with in the majority of maps, and unless you just really happen to be into shooting people in hallways and dragging their bodies in hallways where guards often walk through and play the game like a dumbfuck, it's a literal non-issue. Never have I once got a bodies found or ruined SA because of blood trails, possibly because I don't play the game like a retard.
Pretty sure if anyone is a dumbfuck, it's the guy who's defending a dumbed down game based on incorrect memories of a much better game.
Or retards who can't even remember the game they are arguing about.
Yeah, I just completed the game 3 days ago, I'm sure I don't know what I am talking about. When did you last play the game, retard?
lol, wow, so when someone gets shot in front of you, you imminently know it was an "accident" and are totally calm about it? You're a complete fanboy and you should really seek professional help for this autistic rut of denial you've been stuck in this whole thread.
lol wow, so when a glass ceiling falls down after a bald guy with a red tie who trespassed and threw a coin at it, killing 5 people by doing so and runs out with a necklace you imminently know it was an "accident" and are totally calm about it? lol wow, so when a bald guy enters a room with one other person and drowns the other in a jacuzzi you imminently know it was an "accident" and are totally calm about it? You're a complete nostalgiagoggled retard and you should really seek professional help.
Wow, look at how the pool boy shows "no reaction" by running away. :roll:
Yes, you sure proved me wrong with one scripted kill. Now push someone down a railing and see what the AI is actually like, without any scripted reactions.

waterdeep

Learned
AI was never, ever good in Hitman. Pure shit in all games, including BM and the new 2016/2018 ones. Just watch a few BM speedruns to see how bad and exploitable the AI is.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Like every other stealth game ever made the NPCs are necessarily dumb so that the game is actually possible to complete as well as afford enough leeway to be creative in your approach. If the AI shut the area down every time a body was spotted, or if they were seeing through your disguise from across the room, then the same people bitching about "bad AI" would be whining about how unfair the game is. People watch these "TERRIBLE AI SHOWCASE" videos on youtube where the person is clearly going out of their way to abuse the NPC routines, then they make it out as if these are common occurrences that will be seen every time the game is played. Not to mention the funniest scenarios and videos are possible because you can fuck with the NPC routines. But yeah how awesome would it be if immediately upon the detection of a dead body every single guard in the area went on high alert, permanently, and the target was removed from the map, making the mission impossible to complete. Would be fucking miserable but hey it's realistic so it must be good.

The blood trail thing isn't even "good AI," it's literally just a simple script. The NPC would see blood, make a beeline for it, follow it, if the blood trail led to a body they would react accordingly, if the trail led to a crate or locker they wouldn't search it but just say "huh," and go back to work--brilliant shit. It's one of those details that sounds impressive when you read about it but in actuality is completely pointless, or even detrimental when you have situations like a dozen guards standing around the same small pool of blood saying "huh, blood?" then all breaking up and going back to their basic routine--which is probably why IO removed it.

These are things that people blow out of proportion because they have nothing of significance to criticize. And like Chad already pointed out a lot of people have a fundamental misunderstanding between real AI and scripts; and again, as these arguments usually come down to, the larger maps in the new Hitman games means they can't put as much effort into having very complex scripted sequences because they've opted for a sandbox style approach.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom