Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN 2 - the new NON-episodic Hitman game

a cut of domestic sheep prime

How is the golden edition,enjoying your "purchase" ?
Why did you put purchase in quotes? I bought it.

QlFutN9.png

Great job making IO money.

How is the golden edition,enjoying your "purchase" ?
It's fine so far. I just tried scanning in that photo to the aforementioned machine gun while disguised as a guard and the scientists got suspicious and called security, so not sure if it was patched or if whatever clickbait bug video you were watching was a fluke.
edit: oh I see it's supposed to be the general. He asks you to scan the photo so...

Last edited by a moderator:

Knives didn't even exist on some/many levels
You could bring weapons on missions where they weren't found after you collected them. Another basic feature you appear to have forgotten.
and fiber wire is always the better option as a result if killing someone close up.
Knife is still faster and fiberwire also requires an approach from behind. Knife can be used in an emergency if you are caught.
A KO, not a kill. Left blood splatters but no trails.
And guards notice splatters.
Again, no reason to ever do this
"Because" is a valid reason in Hitman games. Again, you're defending a game that uses this kind of experimentation to extend its own playtime by design.
Just a fan of the series who isn't a nostalgiagoggled retard who sticks to worthless or just plain bad mechanics as a non-reason to hate on a newer title.
No, you're not. Because I don't hate the title. I own 2016 and I bought the Gold Edition of Hitman 2.

But because you''re such a defensive fanboy you think that my criticizing its shortcomings means I hate it irrationally.

You're a fanboy. And not of the series, just of the last two games. It's weird and we all notice it.

But keep being butthurt as usual. It hasn't changed since the 2016 thread, so I doubt anything I say will change it now.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
You could bring weapons on missions where they weren't found after you collected them. Another basic feature you appear to have forgotten.
Nope, that's not the case in Blood Money. You can take the any firearms (and the nailgun) you have found throughout the game to missions, but you can't take melee weapons such as kitchen knives, Eve's stilettos, meat cleavers, baseball bats, et cetera. Those do not appear in your pre-mission weapon selection, even if you have ended previous missions with them in your inventory. You are confusing Blood Money for Silent Assassin. In Silent Assassin what you described was possible, but not in Blood Money.
Clearly, you have not played Hitman Blood Money recently. Don't act smart about games you aren't very knowledgeable about.
You're a fanboy. And not of the series, just of the last two games. It's weird and we all notice it.
Dunno, I've played every Hitman game this year. How many have you played? Just one, it appears.

I am certainly better at it than shills and fanboys like chad. He does manages to put people off the game completely....very impressive skill.
:lol:
Agreed. I was just marveling at the irony of the fact that I'm arguing with the two spergiest posters itt, both of whom are on opposite sides and both of whom are having the opposite effect of what they are arguing for. :M

Nope, that's not the case in Blood Money.
True, I was thinking of SA. I guess this makes up for you not remembering about blood trails leading to containers or that there were containers in the path of AI (which btw is the entire point of containers ffs, how stupid can you be?). Wait, no it doesn't make up for that.
Don't act smart about games you aren't very knowledgeable about.
Pot, meet kettle. And I haven't plaed BM this year iirc, no. You have and yet you forgot the above.
I've played every Hitman game this year
Good for you? Why are you only butthurt about 2016+ though?

You just said you were only upset that people hated it for what I criticized, but you refuse to answer why you are upset with me even though I not only don't hate it, but actually bought it.
How many have you played? Just one, it appears.
Except I just told you I am playing Hitman 2 and that I own 2016... Weird memory issues you have.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I am certainly better at it than shills and fanboys like chad. He does manages to put people off the game completely....very impressive skill.
:lol:
Agreed. I was just marveling at the irony of the fact that I'm arguing with the two spergiest posters itt, both of whom are on opposite sides and both of whom are having the opposite effect of what they are arguing for. :M
Hahahaha don't pretend that you are not a fucking spergiest! Also i don't really care about the game ether way,just get annoyed at buthurt fags like our chad. The interesting thing is that both of us have more or less the same opinion on the game,yet you got butthurt over a joke rating and now you try to go contra on things i say about the game...

Hahahaha don't pretend that you are not a fucking spergiest!
It takes a sperg to catch a sperg, but I am not the spergiest sperg that ever sperged, sir. For shame!
Also i don't really care about the game ether way,just get annoyed at buthurt fags like our chad
He is pretty annoying, yeah. It'd be interesting to find out why he's so hung up on defending 2016+, but I doubt we'll ever get a satisfactory full answer on that.
yet you got butthurt over a joke rating
Not really, I just used it as an excuse to overcome my unwillingness to spend any of my money pile.

4d chess. I not only defeated both of your arguments, but also conquered my inner Jew.

I stand victorious itt with the blood of my enemies on my digital penis. :M

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
blood trails leading to containers
I just reinstalled Blood Money to tell you you are fucking wrong. If a blood trail leads to a container with a dumped body (never happens anyway unless you are shit at playing Hitman and kill nontargets all the time) then the AI doesn't do anything. No bodies found, no alerts, no nothing. Shit, the blood trails barely worked to begin with. I killed a guard in the side door and dragged him to the container in the side door of A New Life and all the AI did was just run in circles for about 30 seconds near the initial blood pool before returning to normal.
You have and yet you forgot the above.
Yes, because I didn't play the game like shit. FYI, knives are slower than fiber wire too.
Except I just told you I am playing Hitman 2 and that I own 2016... Weird memory issues you have.
So I was correct, just one? I asked how many Hitman games you have played this year, not if you played Hitman 2 or 2016.
It'd be interesting to find out why he's so hung up on defending 2016+
Maybe because they are the best Hitman games to date, with the best AI, best level design, best replay value and the best sandbox factor due to the sheer amount of tools you have.

I just reinstalled Blood Money to tell you you are fucking wrong.
lol, you're still on this? I'm playing the game now, man. Get a life. :lol:

You're still wrong btw. Worked for me. Maybe you're just dumb or something lol.
Yes, because I didn't play the game like shit
There is no like shit in a hitman game. It's about experimentation and creating challenges for yourself. How many NPCs can you kill and hide, in what time, with what weapon etc.

So I was correct, just one? I asked how many Hitman games you have played this year, not if you played Hitman 2 or 2016.
No, you asked:
How many have you played?
Not how many have I played this year. I know you said that you had played all of them, but I assumed this was just random bragging as it doesn't matter how many games I have played in a given year, autismo.
Maybe because they are the best Hitman games to date
6SYtSlz.png

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Not how many have I played this year. I know you said that you had played all of them, but I assumed this was just random bragging as it doesn't matter how many games I have played in a given year, autismo.
How fucking braindead can you be?
Dunno, I've played every Hitman game this year. How many have you played?
Learn to read, illiterate fuck.

How fucking braindead can you be?
Not this braindead:
Dunno, I've played every Hitman game this year. How many have you played?
Separate sentences. I explained this in the sentence you quoted.
I know you said that you had played all of them, but I assumed this was just random bragging as it doesn't matter how many games I have played in a given year, autismo.
;)

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
One thing I personally want to see implemented back is different ratings from Blood Money. Right now there's only SA, things like suit only/sniper assassin are counted as classic challenges, and it seems like the current rating system completely forgot that there are other ways to complete a level outside of SA.

There was loads of ratings in BM, I remember killing a lot of NPCs with a knife and the game awarded me "chief" title or something like that. It would be fun for new ratings that accommodate how you complete a run, like shooting up a place and survive til the end. Is it the optimal way to finish a level? Nope, but I prefer the game acknowledging what I've done and give me a cold "mass murderer" tag. It's not like you lose anything by messing around after getting highest score possible anyway :D

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I am missing the money system from the other games. Nothing like making money from killing people and investing them in to better ways to kill people. Also there is lack of punishment for killing civilians.

Also there is lack of punishment for killing civilians.
Well, I think you get points or stars off and it affects your rating or something.

Also, rating points are basically the "money" that unlocks bonuses in that level.

Still pretty lame compared to Blood Money though.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Well, I think you get points or stars off and it affects your rating or something.

Also, rating points are basically the "money" that unlocks bonuses in that level.

Still pretty lame compared to Blood Money though.
I don't remember,but i believe that you didn't loose money in Blood Money for killing people,like the first two. In that aspect it was downgrade compared to the first two.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Killing civilians and nontargets automatically ruins your Silent Assassin rating, as it always has throughout the entire series (except for Hitman 2: Silent Assassin and Contracts where you are allowed to kill one guard on a mission and still retain a SA rating and Blood Money where you can kill as many people as you wish via accidents)
In Hitman 2016 and 2018 it's Silent Assassin or nothing, any other rating is basically "gg ur shit at the game loser."
I don't remember,but i believe that you didn't loose money in Blood Money for killing people,like the first two. In that aspect it was downgrade compared to the first two.
No Hitman games other than C47 and Blood Money had a money system to begin with. Absolution did too, but it was focused on the Contracts mode.
Killing nontargets in Blood Money induced Cleaner Fees, which was like -$5000 per kill or something like that and you also reduced your rating which reduces your final payout.

Vibalist

Arcane
I keep wanting to play that elusive mission, but I never get around to it. It feels like a chore I have to get done rather than something enjoyable.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I keep wanting to play that elusive mission, but I never get around to it. It feels like a chore I have to get done rather than something enjoyable.
I believe you are able to restart it, if you haven't killed the target yet or haven't died. I'd probably play it just to hear the unique dialogue.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom