Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

HITMAN 2 - the new NON-episodic Hitman game

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by LESS T_T, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Belegarsson Erudite Patron

Belegarsson
    After killing him, just alt tab and close the game. It will register the kill but the level is still available to play

• Informative Informative x 2
    ^ Top  
  2. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Chad J. Thundercock now is the moment to change this thread's name. Something more....chady is needed.:lol:

• what? what? x 2
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. unfairlight ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ Patron

unfairlight
    I love how much humor there is in Hitman 2018. Props to whoever wrote all of this, it's gold.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • meh meh x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    I'm almost done with the first runthrough. I have 15 hours so far. Haven't replayed any of the missions.

fantadomat, you're worrying a lot about nothing. It's a decent game and it's fun.

Are there aspects that are dumbed down compared to Blood Money? Yep, but not many.

Haven't messed with the briefcase gimmick at all, so no comment.

The levels are more complex than part 1 imo.

The story is meh, but tbh Hitman 2 is the only one with a truly great story and this is as serviceable as any of the others.

I agree with what that one vlogger said about the cinematics. Not sure if it's style or just a tactic to save money, but I miss the live motion ones from part 1.

I'd also like to point out that while there are fewer levels, there are also a lot more story mission style kills than in most Blood Money levels. At least 3 per level, if not more.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    lol, and I just encountered my first legitimate bug. A guy just walked straight through a wall and through the air over the ocean without falling.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    • "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 2
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. unfairlight ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ Patron

unfairlight
    Probably money. These are the guys who made Season 1's cutscenes. I really doubt they were cheap to hire.
    https://www.platige.com/

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. PowerTorment Io-Interactive Patron Developer

PowerTorment
    Platige did some, yes, but to my knowledge most of the Season 1 cinematics was done by Visual Works - which is a CGI group under Square Enix.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    It's way too easy to achieve 5 stars silent assassin.

I took almost 2 hours to do that last mission, knocked out over a half dozen guards and npcs, left one guard unhidden. Invisible I was not.

Yet I still got 5 stars and a silent assassin rating. Meh.

That said, the game was/is fun, the level design is imaginative and the story ends well enough, though it is clearly set up for either sequels or an expansion pack or two.

Over 19 hours play time and I still need to replay the missions and can still do custom target missions or elusive target missions. There's the sniper mission as well. Some multiplayer bs is there two, but I don't plan on touching it.

edit: sniper mission is pretty easy and can be done in under 5 minutes. Good for a quick diversion and it has some unlocks, but nothing compared to the main game. Odd that they made it the centerpiece of multiplayer when single player is so easy.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    ^ Top  
  9. unfairlight ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ Patron

unfairlight
    Silent Assassin just means that no one found a body, you killed zero nontargets, there were no witnesses and there were no "noticed kills" which means that no one saw you kill someone in broad daylight. An exception applies for accident target kills, which will never be counted as a noticed kill nor a body found.
    This is no different from Blood Money, where everything was the same except the noticed kills thing didn't exist and you could kill as many people (nontargets or otherwise) as you wanted to via accidents and still retain a SA.
    Consider doing Silent Assassin/Suit Only. It's a real challenge in Hitman 2016 and 2 and a valid way to complete the mission, while in previous HM games it really wasn't a valid option (with the exception of Blood Money, where you could run through restricted areas, get shot by a dozen guards and still retain a SA because that isn't a crime in BM and hence doesn't grant a witness.)

^ Top  
  10. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    I know, I just think the 5 stars is a bit much. I want more reactivity basically. I want there to be a difference if I manage to get through like a freaking ghost vs strangling half the people in the building and oops there just happen to be two accidents gosh what a coincidence.
    yeah, that was pretty lame. I personally didn't figure that out until I saw a bunch of speedrunners do it and then I kind of kicked myself for trying to do it the hard way.

^ Top  
  11. unfairlight ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ Patron

unfairlight
    True enough, although I believe there are some challenges for doing some missions without knockouts. And no KOs is a self imposed challenge for many, might want to try it yourself. I think SA/SO is the most challenging and fun way to play a lot of the game.
    I was in favor of limiting knockouts for SA, but then I realized it would make the game really hard for casuals and would simply make it less fun to play, so I dropped the idea.

^ Top  
  12. bertram_tung Arbiter Patron

bertram_tung
    i just got a new pc and i cant even play this game without crashing within 1 or 2 minutes

anyone having this issue? checking the hitmanforums and the steam forums and it seems like a lot of people are having this issue since the latest patch

^ Top  
  13. Vibalist Arcane

Vibalist
    What the devs need to do is add more challenges like "silent assassin, no knockouts" or "silent assassin, no suspicion raised" (where you can't even do something mildly inappropriate, like quickly entering and exiting a restricted area).

Basically introduce proper ghosting challenges. Casuals can still get SA rating, but there'll be something to do for people who have mastered the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Vibalist Arcane

Vibalist
    Lambchop19 what difficulty level are you playing on?

^ Top  
  15. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    Blame Denuvo.

Frankly it's most likely the DRM that's crashing it, you are obviously illegal user.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • PIRACY IS WRONG PIRACY IS WRONG x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Exactly. I got Silent Assassin on almost every mission without even trying. The only reason I didn't get all of them is because I killed some non-targets for the fun of it. I'm not even close to a speedrunner/spergs level of skill.
    My first run I did professional for the unlimited saves. I like to explore levels and dick around.

It's pretty clear that I need a higher setting though and really, I think it affected my enjoyment of the game to have the story kills explained to me with that quest compass etc.

I'd recommend anyone here who wants a serious experience play on master.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. unfairlight ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ Patron

unfairlight
    I wouldn't. Master difficulty (Professional in 2016) is dogshit because it felt like the developers just watched some Youtube videos of effective ways to beat the mission and just ruined the original intention. I don't think they have changed this with HM2 missions, so I'd advise to play on Professional difficulty instead with stuff like stories, tips, et cetera turned off. Stories I prefer keeping on minimal personally because I like keeping track of them for challenges.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    C'mon the best mission was that one where rednecks were shooting crocodiles from shotgun, and you could poison husband who secretly ate his torte before wedding, (and throw person into grave) or simply do wedding yourself.

Also Hitman was about killing people, even if not properly done, it was something different than typical Japanese:
    Oh, that person is a military that's doing coup.
    Oh, you must protect muilticultural country, or students, or soldiers are using name of terrorist organization to spread dissent against themselves.
    Oh, you are using knife that's horrible. (It's not like you just didn't removed brain from head by a large metal object. This is sharp so it must be something different.)

Well, that Paris mission where you could push that woman to fall on her husband and leave in your original clothes felt like typical Hitman mission, but that was more an exception.

Also no proper offline gameplay.

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Yeah, I just went back and played a mission on Master and you're right. They got rid of some poison etc, added some guards and a bunch of cameras - which btw, are pretty lame and are easily picked off/disabled. It's kind of fun if you already know all the ways to make kills, but apart from that, not very interesting.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. HoboForEternity Watch over avatarless peasants Patron

HoboForEternity
    i wish they put custom difficulty tbh.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • meh meh x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Vibalist Arcane

Vibalist
    Master difficulty with certain easy mode features turned on (minimap and detective vision mostly) works nicely for me. Yeah, probably not optimal for your first run, but after you know the levels a bit it gets fun. I managed to get silent assassin on the last level on master with relative ease despite only having one save. It works well enough imho and isn't any different from the old Hitman games where you couldn't save during missions either.

Lack of save slots is an essential part of the Hitman experience, really.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Your enjoyment of this concept really depends on your level of skill and how much time you have on your hands. If you only have an hour or so for gaming, repeating the same 15 minutes over and over can get pretty frustrating.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. bertram_tung Arbiter Patron

bertram_tung
    Nah, I figured out the graphics card I was sold was just faulty. Got a refund and plan to buy the damn game on Ps4. Fucking pc master race bullshit

• Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    • Rage Rage x 1
    • popamole popamole x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-2-game-update-2-12/

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • nice nice x 1
    • cool story bro cool story bro x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Spectacle Arcane Patron

Spectacle
    Crashing to desktop, or a blue screen and forced reboot? If you have a brand new PC then it could be that there's a problem with one of your hardware components that Hitman 2 just happens to trigger.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)