Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN 2 - the new NON-episodic Hitman game

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
gaMEs aS A SERviCe!?!!!

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Funny you bumped this as I hadn't gotten around to it yet. Playing these "reboots" for the first time and holy shit the game finally clicks for me. LOVING IT. Only played through Marakesh so far because I keep replaying until I finish the "mission stories" and get silent assassin. Super fun.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Funny you bumped this as I hadn't gotten around to it yet. Playing these "reboots" for the first time and holy shit the game finally clicks for me. LOVING IT. Only played through Marakesh so far because I keep replaying until I finish the "mission stories" and get silent assassin. Super fun.

Nu-Hitman is at its best when you really deep dive into one level and replay the shit out of it, I think the game opens up at the point when you start to see how much you can get out of each level. Funnily enough I think its one game where the much maligned episodic release actually suited the format, as it forces you to do that with each level rather than speed running the game and then complaining its to short/not enough content.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Nu-Hitman is at its best when you really deep dive into one level and replay the shit out of it, I think the game opens up at the point when you start to see how much you can get out of each level. Funnily enough I think its one game where the much maligned episodic release actually suited the format, as it forces you to do that with each level rather than speed running the game and then complaining its to short/not enough content.

I like both. That first run where you explore everything and open up most of the mission stories feels pretty epic (and takes me like an hour and a half, because I have all assistance on minimal). Then going back to master it is also great fun. I'm kind of worried I will get burnt out long before the end, but I can take a break when I need to I guess. Only issue there is how much fucking SSD space it takes up. Speaking of the assistance, I'm assuming most people leave it on and I feel like that would really kill the game. The fun is walking around and finding these opportunities on your own, and when it says "find a screwdriver" having to actually find a screwdriver. I know modern gamers love playing follow the arrow, so I don't blame them for doing it, but man I really hope most people on a forum like this one turned that shit off.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
CEO says how giving away first episode(s) of Hitman 2016 boosted sales and helped their cash flow as an independent company.

Hitman 3 may go episodic again. The whole trilogy will have 20 or so maps.

They're secretly working on a new IP.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
"World of Assassination when it's complete will be one game starting from Paris to last locations of Hitman 3"

what the fuck are y'all waiting for then :takemymoney::takemyjewgold::takemymoney::takemyjewgold:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
That's cool. Reminds me that everything I'm doing in Hitman 2 will need to be unlocked again in Hitman 3 though, like the Hitman 1 guys complained about with 2.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
That's cool. Reminds me that everything I'm doing in Hitman 2 will need to be unlocked again in Hitman 3 though, like the Hitman 1 guys complained about with 2.

Oh god damn it I hope not, I got so annoyed by that. If we have to re-unlock 1 AND 2 again... But aside from that having all the games connected is great. Im happy to throw more money at these guys. They dun good.

:takemymoney:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This is how my assassinations usually ends up:

giphy.gif

(AwesomeButton Movie is James Bond: The Living Daylights if that what you meant)

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, I'm sure they decided to throw 5 years of design out the window and make a mission with only one way to complete it. :roll:
Your character cannot move from a fixed position when you are playing a map for the Sniper Assassin mode.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Roadmap_August_01_TB2-1024x576.png

What a terrible month. Unless you're crazy about legacy elusive targets and escalations I guess.
:rpgcodex:
Meme briefcase sounds fun though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom