Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hitman: Absolution

So, any thoughts and expectations? After Blood Money, which was arguably the most well thought out installment, it surprises me that IO went consoletard friendly on this one, but I "hope" there will be some redeeming:smug: features like that "purist" mode.

Trailers aside, the actual gameplay from what's apparently an actual level, without console shit turned off like it should be, looks unsettling (though apparently retards won't be "rewarded" by their scores), but it remains to be seen.

(EDIT: If there was a talk about it already, sorry)

Sleepwalker

Novice
This game finds me switching between optimism and dread. The video looks great, but there seems to be an explosion option in every level they've shown off so far (which is 3). Contract mode is interesting though, they were definitely listening to the fans on that one. That was a game mode me and my friends would play between each other, trying to assassinate specific non-target NPC's in very specific and difficult ways.
They've definitely made up for the nun video, but I'll take a stance of cautious optimism.

Gerrard

Arcane
For Bateson's sake I don't give a fuck, and you shouldn't either.

Garm

Learned
LOL at the video. "We're gonna make this guys death look like an accident"....and two seconds later they shank a cop after throwing a guy off the roof.

Edit: Holy shit, even more stupidity...literally walking right by three cops after dropping a car on someone..

Steve

Augur
LOL at the video. "We're gonna make this guys death look like an accident"....and two seconds later they shank a cop after throwing a guy off the roof.

Edit: Holy shit, even more stupidity...literally walking right by three cops after dropping a car on someone..

"Gotta make it look like an accident"
*Pulls out explosives*

A user named cat

Looks like it'll be fun, just like every other Hitman game. I see nothing to seriously complain about - maybe the dated looked character models or the mediocre AI? Obviously the Batman wallhack makes no sense to even be a feature but you gotta appease the younger generation, it's what they've become used to. At least they're cool enough, just as the dudes who put cover shooting/object highlighting in Deus Ex: HR, to not make it necessary and you can disable it. They deserve a squishy hug for that much.

If only all devs used that approach with next-gen games. So many titles would be better if they'd simply made hand-holding features optional and not forced into gameplay situations. Fuck's sake. Why not try to appeal to the broadest audience possible, from casual to hardcore? Some people must hate money.

Garm

Learned
Because you couldn't get away with that in any of the other games!

I never said the past Hitman games weren't guilty of the same thing. However, by this stage in the series, it should have more "realism" than the older ones. It's not that hard to do either. All they would need to do is certain deaths leave "suspicion areas" which cause NPCs to suspect the player if they are seen in that area. Just treat it like the "tresspassing" mechanic...it'd be like the same flag, just it would only trigger for certain deaths and would only be in a certain radius around the death.

You can only make your audience suspend so much belief before the story/game/whatever becomes absurd--and it's usually little things that cause that absurdity.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I plan on doing my daily murder runs with glee and a fully kitted out machine gun or assault rifle.
Have they said anything about weapon mods, etc? I would hope for even more customizable stuff in this game than in Blood Money.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm cautiously optimistic.

Obviously the Batman wallhack makes no sense to even be a feature but you gotta appease the younger generation, it's what they've become used to.

It's just a fancier version of previous versions' maps:
1109082796.jpg

Stinger

Arcane
It's all over the place. For every terrible announcement they make they also show gameplay vids that look decent aside from the excess shit to dumb down to the masses.

Strip away the bullshit hints and the cheating mode and you end up with some fairly large maps with a lot of different ways to murder and cause accidents, the options available in the two Absolution maps would be considered among the better maps of Blood Money honestly.

But then they have to show some terrible feature like chain shot or have a stupidly high number of targets in Streets of Hope (like 9 guys or something) which hardly feels like a professional or efficient assassin when you're racking up that high a count.

Stinger

Arcane
Apparently Bateson is coming back to voice 47 after all according to some announcement on the Facebook page.

So one more positive aspect in this mess of incoherent news.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom