Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hollow Knight: Silksong

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Steam page:

Become the Princess Knight
Play as Hornet, princess-protector of Hallownest, and adventure through a whole new kingdom ruled by silk and song! Captured and brought to this unfamiliar world, Hornet must battle foes and solve mysteries as she ascends on a deadly pilgrimage to the kingdom’s peak.

Hollow Knight: Silksong is the epic sequel to Hollow Knight, the award winning action-adventure. As the lethal hunter Hornet, journey to all-new lands, discover new powers, battle vast hordes of bugs and beasts and uncover ancient secrets tied to your nature and your past.

Game Features
  • Discover a whole new kingdom! Explore coral forests, mossy grottos, gilded cities and misted moors as you ascend to the shining citadel at the top of the world.
  • Engage in lethal acrobatic action! Wield a whole new suite of deadly moves as you dance between foes in deadly, beautiful combat.
  • Craft powerful tools! Master an ever-expanding arsenal of weapons, traps, and mechanisms to confound your enemies and explore new heights.
  • Solve shocking quests! Hunt down rare beasts, solve ancient mysteries and search for lost treasures to fulfil the wishes of the downtrodden and restore the kingdom’s hope. Prepare for the unexpected!
  • Face over 150 all-new foes! Beasts and hunters, assassins and kings, monsters and knights, defeat them all with bravery and skill!
  • Challenge Silk Soul mode! Once you conquer the kingdom, test your skills in an all-new mode that spins the game into a unique, challenging experience.
  • Experience a stunning orchestral score! Hollow Knight’s award-winning composer, Christopher Larkin, returns to bring melancholy melodies, symphonic strings and heart-thumping, soul strumming boss themes to the adventure.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
2mg09ow.jpg

Stones of Arnhem dev team?

The Huegpenis flailing wildly.

Jinn

Arcane
Was thrilled to see this announcement a couple days ago. Team Cherry has done amazing with Hollow Knight, and have most certainly already secured funds for their next project - and then some - with the future sales they'll get off Silksong. These guys have a promising future ahead of them, and from what we're seeing of the gameplay in Silksong, we have a lot to look forward to from them down the line.

mwnn85

Savant
I expect this should be excellent, albeit familiar.
Hope we don't just get reskins of old bosses, etc.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm still unsure about its use of gibberish language on this series. It might lead to unintentionally funny misheard moments like when I misheard the first scream in the trailer as "hanuman"

But in general it surprisingly fits the atmosphere, a feat considering gibberish are usually used on something more comedic.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I'm still unsure about its use of gibberish language on this series.

I'm a great fan of gibberish languages in all games, probably an effect of being exposed to the Goblins series very early. The misheards also add a part of the charm to me, like during the fight against the big boss, when Hornet throws her spear against him, drags him to the ground and then shouts something that sounds like "GET DUNKED!"

BlackGoat

Arbiter
I'm still unsure about its use of gibberish language on this series.

I'm a great fan of gibberish languages in all games, probably an effect of being exposed to the Goblins series very early. The misheards also add a part of the charm to me, like during the fight against the big boss, when Hornet throws her spear against him, drags him to the ground and then shouts something that sounds like "GET DUNKED!"

Okagron

Prophet
Completely forgot to add this to my wishlist. One of the few games i'm actually looking forward to.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Lol, the goy playing this sucks. If that's the average hobo knight player, no wonder this game is known for its supposed difficulty :smug:
The only even remotely difficult part of HK is the DLC content and stage 3 of Colosseum.
If people complain about a challenge before then I can't even imagine how they'd react to Rabi Ribi.

---

Arcane
Variant cover

Eqju0mfxcaegwla0dkzl.jpg

- Game is bigger because Hornet is faster and taller than the Knight.
- Trash mobs hit harder 'cause Hornet can heal herself faster. They are more intelligent than the ones of HK: they disguise in the environment, they chase the player, they work in synergy, and they even hinder you (enemies with scissors that can cut your grappling hook).
- Hornet won't use magic, but tools. The majority of them will be obtained by defeating a particular enemy or an NPC.
- There are a lot of environmental traps.
- There are grubs-like creatures, but they are always trapped in a different manner, forcing you to think how to free them.
- Backgrounds are much more detailled, and there are a lot of interactive elements.
- There are notice boards with subquests in the villages. They won't substitute subquests obtained directly by NPCs (like "deliver the delicate flower" quest in the first HK).
- The gameplay is highly adaptable to the needs of the player, with different "crest" loadouts to experiment with (basically, the equivalent of the charm notches of HK).
- The world is much more complex and ever-changing, according to your actions.
- Team Cherry is already working (pre-production) on a new game, not related to Hollow Knight.

Sorry for my bad English.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
Just give me the game already. Skirts, white roses, threading needles and all.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Hollow Knight: Silksong is Finished and it’s in Final Testing Phase
Hollow Knight was revealed back in 2019, and we got some information about it at the end of the last year. You can expect more of Hollow Knight: Silksong this year because the PR manager of Team Cherry Games has stated on the official Hollow Knight Discord that they have finished everything and are in the final testing phase. However, you cannot expect a release date anytime soon since they are still fixing all the bugs, and they need time to market the game.

1609838146386.png.webp

https://gamingroute.com/hollow-knight-silksong-is-finished-and-its-in-final-testing-phase/

---

Arcane
I highly doubt. I don't think it's a game "big" (whatever it means) enough for events like these.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
It's been >1,000 days since Vaporsong was announced.

Well, the pandemic has hit everyone hard. Can't develop a computer game when you're stuck at home all day with your computer, Wacom tablet, and/or synthesizer suite, after all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom