Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Homeworld 1 & 2 Remastered coming Feb 25th.

Don Peste

Arcane
So this remake is just a Coloni... colossal shit?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Although I would consider

capturing carriers or alike will not allow you to build ships with them.
Given that salvettes did need a nerf and Taiidan carrier might not have the tech to produce Kushan units (although it would be even nicer to be able to produce the other side's unit versions with captured carrier - fuck the nerf then).

You used to be able to produce the other sides units if you captured their carrier.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Probably mods can fix it. But that aside, HOW IS THE GAME? :incline: or :decline:

Very buggy, events don't trigger half of the time forcing you to restart the mission. Homeworld Remaster is a HW1 on HW2 engine mod with better graphics, switching from HW1 ballistics simulation into RNG from HW 2 is :decline:. Also no collision detection and avoidance.

But it's pretty and uses a cleaner GUI.

Astral Rag

Arcane
I think it looks, sounds and runs great and I would be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying it BUT I'm by no means an Homeworld expert, I enjoyed H1's campaign in 1999 and played some MP but I never played the expansion or H2.

I can definitely understand why a lot of veteran players are unhappy with the changes GB introduced and I hope GB manages to fix the formation and collision problems sooner rather than later. AFAIK the Remastered games are still moddable so maybe mods can bring back H1's ballistics or at least rebalance some of the altered stats.

/ posting drunk on teh codex

Last edited:

DraQ

Arcane
But it's pretty and uses a cleaner GUI.
I liked the original GUI. Especially how it pretty much vanished when not in use.

I also preferred no manual scrolling in normal view - it has always felt distracting and superfluous compared to performing all camera actions in reference to an object/group of objects. There is no ground in space so scrolling effectively amounted to fumbling around.

Quatlo

Arcane
So wait for it to get patched and then buy it cheap on STEAM sale?
Unless they patch it very good then wait for -80% sale. And remember that in the "classics" they have disabled the multiplayer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom