Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Horizon Zero Dawn is like your mother but worse

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
Picked it up for my exclusives machine pro, after putting about 15-20 hours in it.. .I can't. It's terribly boring, terrible dialogue, terrible culture, terrible world.. .I can't believe people were praising this game's story. The awful robotic animations, the terrible lip syncing and unflinching eye contact; along with the vast number of monotonous side quests, fetch quests, kill quests.. .The clunky ass movement, one of the most idiotic arbitrary skill tree to ever exist.

Combat when fighting against particular monsters feels like a fast paced monster hunter, but everything to get to that point is just just eh..

And I cannot believe the fckn low standards these people have for stories and dialogue writing. Atleast after the Witcher 3; considering how everyone sucks the fck out of that game, I expect some elevation to their piss poor standard. I want to go beat up those fckn reviewers, these are the same asses who were complaining about repetition and monotony in Mad Max, but NOOoo everything is fine cause it's fckn sony, we must collectively suck off sony for every garbage they put out!!

The world is retarded, the cultures are retarded, Alloy is a strong independent, sassy, smart teen who escaped from hunger games universe to another fcked up retarded universe(Fckn robots); with modern and progressive views about society while everyone else are retarded cavemen with some of them somehow managing to build massive structures more complex than modern structures with their fckn pickaxes and through manual labour.

Also someone thought that this garbage was good enough that they have to force it down every players throat through long expositions where the characters tell me about their fckn grandmother's encounter with aliens.

OooH graphics, yes let me fap off to this garbage without any physics and interactions. Soo pretty so lovely like lesbians having sex, nice to look at, too bad you aren't allowed to do jack.

I needed to bitch somewhere, so here I came. Now discuss fags.

Last edited:

Jarmaro

Liturgist
To know what is good you have to experience different qualities of things. If you play only AAA garbo, and then compare it to other AAA garbo, then your scale is locked in that framework. They just don't know what is good and what isn't.
And to know better they would have spend ridiculous amount of time on playing games, time they don't have as they became casual gamers, beceause they grew up.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Picked it up for my exclusives machine pro, after putting about 15-20 hours in it.. .I can't. It's terribly boring, terrible dialogue, terrible culture, terrible world.. .I can't believe people were praising this game's story. The awful robotic animations, the terrible lip syncing and unflinching eye contact; along with the vast number of monotonous side quests, fetch quests, kill quests.. .The clunky ass movement, one of the most idiotic arbitrary skill tree to ever exist.

Combat when fighting against particular monsters feels like a fast paced monster hunter, but everything to get to that point is just just eh..

And I cannot believe the fckn low standards these people have for stories and dialogue writing. Atleast after the Witcher 3; considering how everyone sucks the fck out of that game, I expect some elevation to their piss poor standard. I want to go beat up those fckn reviewers, these are the same asses who were complaining about repetition and monotony in Mad Max, but NOOoo everything is fine cause it's fckn sony, we must collectively suck off sony for every garbage they put out!!

The world is retarded, the cultures are retarded, Alloy is a strong independent, sassy, smart teen who escaped from hunger games universe to another fcked up retarded universe(Fckn robots); with modern and progressive views about society while everyone else are retarded cavemen with some of them somehow managing to build massive structures more complex than modern structures with their fckn pickaxes and through manual labour.

Also someone thought that this garbage was good enough that they have to force it down every players throat through long expositions where the characters tell me about their fckn grandmother's encounter with aliens.

OooH graphics, yes let me fap off to this garbage without any physics and interactions. Soo pretty so lovely like lesbians having sex, nice to look at, too bad you aren't allowed to do jack.

I needed to bitch somewhere, so here I came. Now discuss fags.

Actually the story is the only good thing about that game. Except for the last minutes when it goes retarded.

Basically there are reasons for why the cultures are in those states.

Last edited:

Machocruz

Arcane
It's cavemen vs. robot dinosaurs. No one who has any real culture or literary chops would even have such a thing on their mind.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Didn'T they improve the dialogue sequences in the expansion to make them less static?

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
It's cavemen vs. robot dinosaurs. No one who has any real culture or literary chops would even have such a thing on their mind.
You don't say...
katalkotl.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom