Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Horizon's Gate - open world seafaring tactical RPG from Voidspire Tactics dev

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's literally storm of zehir + deadfire + divinity original sin like combat + ff tactics like class system.

Looks even better than voidspire + alvora.

Ent

Savant
I'm counting down the days at this point. 11 more classes is pretty wild.

Eldiran

Rad Codex
Developer
It's literally storm of zehir + deadfire + divinity original sin like combat + ff tactics like class system.

Looks even better than voidspire + alvora.

To be fair it doesn't have Storm of Zehir's cool "choose which party member talks" system. I haven't played Deadfire so I can't confirm the comparison. I do think it's turned out even better than Voidspire & Alvora though.

Any more videos?

One of my playtesters made a fan trailer that shows a bit more content.

By the way, I've finally got the press build ready. If anyone at the Codex would like to do a review, just send an email to radcodex at gmail . com and I'll send out a review copy. (Is there a better place to post this? Should I be emailing this to someone?)

V_K

Arcane
I'd do a review, but not right now. And by not right now I mean most probably something like June-July, if nobody else beats me to it. So I have no claim for the press build - I'll buy a "proper" copy anyway.

Eldiran

Rad Codex
Developer
I'd do a review, but not right now. And by not right now I mean most probably something like June-July, if nobody else beats me to it. So I have no claim for the press build - I'll buy a "proper" copy anyway.

Thanks, I appreciate that.

Sharpshooters still broken?

Nah, I nerfed Bow range and added a drawback to Crossbow 'Quick Hands' shenanigans. They're still pretty dang good though.

Ent

Savant
SOON. Do you know when exactly the game is going up for purchase Eldiran? Midnight release hype?

Eldiran

Rad Codex
Developer
VERY SOON. I'm only slightly panicking.

The release will be around 1:00 PM EST. There's funny rules about how soon after announcing you can release on Steam, so I couldn't do midnight.

Jinn

Arcane
Buying now. Very excited to play a little bit later today! Congratulations on the release Eldiran! Hope it gets the notice and appreciation it surely deserves.

Bara

Arcane
Eldiran, I thoroughly enjoy the fact you've named the application file as "BoatTactics."

Empary

Scholar
So far, so good. I like addition of swaping team positon before combat and fame system. On other hand, I dont think most of classes should be locked by training-gate. Kinda feel like rushing to find every affordable trainer. :incline:

Eldiran

Rad Codex
Developer
Thanks guys! Release went smoothly. (So glad not to have to mess with Greenlight this time!) I hope you all enjoy the game!

My reddit thread is gaining decent traction, might want to pop into

https://www.reddit.com/r/rpg_gamers...zons/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Thanks for posting that thread! Looks like people are into it.

Buying now. Very excited to play a little bit later today! Congratulations on the release Eldiran! Hope it gets the notice and appreciation it surely deserves.

Thanks!

Eldiran, I thoroughly enjoy the fact you've named the application file as "BoatTactics."

Definitely. This was the title screen for most of development after all.
So far, so good. I like addition of swaping team positon before combat and fame system. On other hand, I dont think most of classes should be locked by training-gate. Kinda feel like rushing to find every affordable trainer. :incline:

Glad you like the new stuff. And yeah, the training system does sort of encourage rushing. It's not perfect, but it doesn't get in the way too much, and it does make exploring feel rewarding.

Machocruz

Arcane
This thread made me want to check out Voidspire, which I kept hearing about but never got around to looking into. But since this is out and I prefer the setting, I'll skip to it. Can't wait to play.

Jinn

Arcane
This thread made me want to check out Voidspire, which I kept hearing about but never got around to looking into. But since this is out and I prefer the setting, I'll skip to it. Can't wait to play.

You won't miss anything except a cursory introduction to the setting. If you like Horizon's Gate, definitely go back and try Voidspire Tactics. Excellent game. By then, you'll most likely be craving more eventually, in which case Alvora - while missing a few elements from both Voidspire and Alvora that I love - is still a great lot of fun.

Machocruz

Arcane
Since from what I can tell, there are not many games that nail the combination of exploration and tactical combat like these games reportedly do, I'm sure I'll want more even if Voidspire is more 'primitive'.

Kaivokz

Arcane
Since from what I can tell, there are not many games that nail the combination of exploration and tactical combat like these games reportedly do, I'm sure I'll want more even if Voidspire is more 'primitive'.
Voidspire is great. Highly recommend it if you like exploration and tactical combat.

Ein Axt

Educated
Where's the Warpblade and Shiftcloak trainer? I'm pretty sure one of them is inside Tsavor. There's a trainer's house surrounded by poles. I assumed you need to warp/teleport into it. Where's the other one?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom