Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

how can I control Steam's autoupdating bullshit?

Thor Kaufman

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Using a block on steam.exe in windows firewall works but I'd rather have it tell me when it's updating a game/mod and let me allow/disallow it.
Is that possible? If so, how?
Thanks, men.

Thor Kaufman

Arcane
Zionist Agent
well derp
I know that but I only find options WHEN and HOW to allow auto upgrades. I don't find an option that lets me tell steam whether I even want a game update.
Guess I'll try the bit in the surface option where it asks me whether I want to be informed about updates.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
IIRC it was possible few years ago, but not anymore. You cannot. I think it's still technically possible if a game is DRM-free, by moving game data to other location and/or using Steam in offline mode.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Right click the game, properties and there will be some drop-down menu where you can set it not to automatically update.

But yeah LESS T_T is right, they don't let you play your game anymore if there's a pending update. Garbage "saving people from themselves" nonsense.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom