Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How many hours did you clock in on Skyrim?

How many hours did you clock in on Skyrim?

• 100 hours (just played it a few times)

Votes: 27 31.4%
  • 200-400 hours (average RPG gamer)

Votes: 34 39.5%
  • 400-600 hours (it's a fun game, great mods)

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • 600-800 hours (I'm a TES fan, what can I say)

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • 800-1000 hours (true Codexer, I'm a hardcore RPG player, suck it)

Votes: 19 22.1%

• Total voters

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
Like all TES since Arena, the game is a masterpiece.

Doing a round of Skyrim Special Edition in between Baldur's Gate and Endless Legend at the moment. No Mods. No loading times.

There is a lot of content packed into Skyrim so I came across some stuff I had not done in a while.

Tending the Flames (Bards College)

I went dungeoneering to recover some missing poem. Came across the ghost of a dead bard and I had forgotten the old artiste was executed for questioning the king.

Olaf! It is time!

Arise, Olaf! My vengeance is at hand!

This time I was a sneaky archer and was able to pick off a lot of the undead from the shadows whilst the bard had them engaged.

The crappy bit was watching the final recitation to her majesty and then
witnessing the burning of the effigy. There are a few quests that add some extra bits where I feel like stabbing the lot of them in the neck, but I suppose it's added to make you feel part of the story.

The Man Who Cried Wolf

I think I had only done the Wolf Queen (Potema) quests once before so was nice to follow through again. Bit of back story

"I am the Queen of Solitude, daughter of the Emperor! Summon the daedra! I'll trade the soul of every last subject of mine for a little comfort." — Queen Potema, 3E 97

Queen Potema, the "Wolf Queen of Solitude", the daughter of the Emperor Pelagius Septim II, wife of King Mantiarco, aunt of the Empress Kintyra II, mother of Emperor Uriel III, and sister of the Emperors Antiochus, Cephorus I and Magnus, is best known for her role in the War of the Red Diamond. In 3E 120, she launched a rebellion, and overthrew her niece Empress Kintyra II the following year so that her son could become Emperor Uriel Septim III. Although the war ended in 3E 127, it was another ten years, capped off by a month-long siege at her castle in Solitude, before Potema herself was defeated. She has been described as "unambiguously evil", and is remembered as one of the most dangerous necromancers in the history of Tamriel.

If you follow the quest line you end up facing her evil majesty herself in a sanctum where shock and electrical damage seem to be whirling around. Difficult fight but I got there in the end.

In this game I have become a Master of Illusion, as I had not followed that path before and its interesting to see what creatures can be turned against each other.

800px-SR-quest-The_Wolf_Queen_Awakened.jpg

Did not remember the reward, which was a the Shield of Solitude 30% Resist Magic + 35 Fortify Blocking.

Don't remember that at all.

Great game to play after PST.

As for how many hours played - like I said - gonna need a bigger boat.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
My heart sank when you highlighted your rewards being something that made the game even easier to steamroll. TES games get easier by the minute.

Winslow

Novice
Patron
422 hours, mostly powered by nude Argonians.
It's always the same cycle for me since Morrowind, I'm immersed for the first 10 hours or so until I start seeing the cracks in the system design and then try to ignore it for another 50 hours until it becomes unbearable and spend the next 100 hours installing mods and running through the same opening areas trying to find a semblance of balanced gameplay that ultimately never materializes.
At least there's now New Vegas to go back to for the hiking needs so I haven't yet felt the need to touch Fallout 4.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
About one and a half until I understood that even oblivion was a masterpiece when comparet to skyrim. This shit has literally not a single positive aspect. well, maybe the graphics are nice.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Too many. Trying to make it something it was never intended to be with mods. I tried to transform it into some kind of open world sandbox medieval fantasy simulator. But no mods, or how many hours you put into it and how much stuff you change it will always feel as about deep as a puddle. I will give it cred for being mod friendly and modular though.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I dont think I am going to get into the SE, I have carefully built my mods both for regular Skyrim setup and my Requiem Skyrim and that took such a long time I dont think I could do it again. When I was working as night manager at a hotel back in 2008-2009 I had a lot of time to waste so I sorted out probably more than 1000 mods for Morrowind, Oblivion and some Fallout 3 to make like my mods lists for those games but nowadays starting from scratch for a few good rays and better foliage... I dont think so, just looking at the vanilla UI makes me want to hurl plus I have heard it runs so so even on modern hardware; I rather have my 90 fov locked 60 fps with ENB in a beautiful modded Skyrim thank you bethesda
Perhaps I will try it a couple of years down the line when they port most of the essentials and maybe come up with something truly different that couldn't be done with regular Skyrim

Jarmaro

Liturgist
Is this voting and posts even a bit serious? I've played overall ~60h with 2 characters and I saw everything this game has to offer (I played before dlcs, after they were released I tried them, but quit after one hour, if I didnt it would be ~70h)
There's nothing interesting in this game after you played a while, you can go exploring, but every "unique" weapon or armor is so bad that with 20 smithing and 500 gold you can get better than this. This game constantly discourage you from being curious.

Jazz_

Arcane
A couple of hours, it was enough to realize how shitty it was and going on a horse genocide before uninstalling it. I think I'll never like a Bethesda game, to me they are basicly all the same shit, be it Oblivion, Fallout 3, Skyrim, a pretty (but let's be honest, even the graphics are nothing to rave about) hiking simulator in a dead, dull, uninteresting world full of uninteresting npcs, shit quests, shit combat. The world building in their games is abysmal. Maybe after you install a plethora of mods it becomes a good game, dunno, can't be arsed to do all that nowadays. I couldn't even stomach Morrowind, which is generally praised in here, interesting setting but it just feels so...dead and dull to me. Also loading screens everywhere you go in all their games, seriously fuck that shit, it does break the immersion/balls.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I played the tutorial part, got to the first town and first conversation and... yeah, that was it for me. Not my thing.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Steam says I played 42 hours. I'm guessing I played for 20 hours and modded the game for 22 hours. I just thought the game was pretty dull. I can understand how others may enjoy it, but it didn't do anything for me. It gave me a GTA IV vibe: lots of interesting things to look at, but the focus didn't appear to be on fun.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Still waiting for refund on Arena and Morrowind.
I have no idea what you are talking about, but that reminds me that one of the floppies on my purchase of Arena was bad - and after calling Bethesda support, they sent me a complete set of replacement disks. Technical support was included in your purchase and everything. Pretty sure they sent the disks - without having to return the originals.

I think... they were 3 1/2" disks but I remember having Ultima VII on floppy at the same time - one of them was 5 1/4" and the other was 3 1/2" - damned if I can remember!

Falksi

Arcane
To be fair to Skyrim, I thought the first 10-15 hours were kinda enjoyable. You don't expect much from an early game other than a show of potential, and it certainly had that. The shouts seemed a cool idea to start with, there was some nice atmosphere, and the music as always with TES is fantastic.

After that though all the shit really shines through. Awful character building holds it back so much, like there's literally no reason to be anything other than a Stealth Archer, and the questing starts to grate soon after too.

I finished it once and sank around 80 hours into that playthrough, tried it again and sank another 30 hours into that. The second playthrough was the SE, which did those early hours better, but then it all dropped off again.

It's worth a once through, maybe a 7/10 game with mods alongside stuff like Jewel Master, but how some people have sunk thousands of hours into it, even with mods, is beyond me.

Iucounu

Educated
600 hours in total, I blame it on boredom at the time.

I don't think its gameplay mechanics are that bad (except for the dragon spamming), the really bad parts are voice acting, art style, much of the quest writing, and the ambience music (not bad, but sounds more 19th century than Viking Age to me) .

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom