Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter I am not a Monster - pulp sci-fi multiplayer turn-based tactics game - now with solo campaign

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/alawarpremium/im-not-a-monster-first-contact

https://iamnotamonster.com

https://af.gog.com/game/i_am_not_a_monster_first_contact?as=1649904300

Multiplayer game out since September 2018. They had a Kickstarter for the single player campaign back in December which failed miserably, but are making it anyway. Codex should appreciate this game's art:

d87f8fed34e595f9a5a4280b27aa6c74_original.gif

d979dbb3687e750ecc0f552e12a6c520_original.png

acc7550d8f434f3303c0e1fa98a79d34_original.png

• A visual style inspired by ’60s fantasy and comic books. All assets are hand drawn.
  • Unique sound-processing technology with real degraded film to evoke that special retrofuturistic vibe.
  • A story campaign set in the world of I’m Not a Monster. It's just what players have been clamoring for!
  • The tangled story of first contact and the secret behind the destruction of the spaceliner Albatross, which the authorities have been covering up for years.
be64deb643832a77417db4b5fbbb4cd9_original.png

• More than 10 unique and interesting characters. They aren’t all what they seem, and they aren’t all interested in being saved – and we’re not just talking about the monsters.
  • Around 20 unique locations ranging from secret compartments in the huge spaceliner, to open space, to the surface of a mysterious planet.
  • Over 10 hours of gameplay packed with paranoia, mistrust and desperate attempts to escape the doomed liner.
308c928f0473c57876375f897fdc79fc_original.jpg

cc5d81fbb243128085fc7e82a0730ff6_original.gif

a982903a4763efede9d024a62726e31b_original.gif

74e1bdce1fc0e4dce84b995100e6ca63_original.gif

First Contact tells the story of the very first interaction between humankind and extraterrestrial monsters, and uncovers the secret of the destruction of the spaceliner Albatross, which the authorities have been covering up for years.

8c5d34134ab468f2122bfffa403e62da_original.jpg

6afb304c901610eef17d50a56271f181_original.gif

Players should expect treachery and scheming, a cast full of colorful characters with intertwining stories, and the shocking truth behind the reason for the Kaa’raxian attacks.

05e3a7a4852e66326083cae5debf33f9_original.gif

24f1397a32f05798662561b164d604a4_original.jpg

922c60d4e90d47065da3c7633db5143f_original.gif

But none of it will be what you expect; we want to turn these genre clichés on their heads.

14060706adc2e820fd2afaa999883279_original.gif

I'm not a Monster: First Contact (alfa)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Cool art. I prefer this to original X-com's comic book art. The kickstarter's failure is pretty much predictable though.

people are complaining you can't play unless there are 6 people? Do you have to play multi-player, or is this just for the demo? Or is there a single player mode? Also it says it releases September 27th, but it also says its availible to buy for 12.99 now... whats up with that? Is it just allowing you to buy the game early even though you can't play it yet? anyone know?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
The first part of the single-player campaign is updated to the original multiplayer game, now called Complete Edition:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/826600/announcements/detail/2874908663970447486

Attention, heroes and monsters! NEWS FLASH!

⚡In the near future, I am not a Monster will receive the long-awaited content update containing a single campaign First Contact.

❗The single will be divided into two parts: the main plot, which will be released soon, and the breathtaking exciting finale, which will be released later this fall.

Those heroes who already have I am not a Monster in their Steam Library will receive both parts automatically for free.
Recruits who join the team of heroes after the update will receive 2-in-1: both multiplayer and single.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/826600/announcements/detail/1583502009236917648

Cosmic First Contact Update is available!

Hi, heroes and monsters!

I am not a Monster has just got a long-awaited content update with singleplayer campaign First Contact onboard.

⏱15 hours of gameplay
⚡8 characters
4 chapters
1 and only Captain Laser

I am not a Monster serving personnel: make sure that your version of the game on Steam is up-to-date.
New recruits: welcome aboard the "Albatross", where now you can fight not only alongside your friends but also one-on-one with danger!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, they flipped it. The original multiplayer release is removed and now it's a single player game with multiplayer DLC.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Sooo, is it good? I kinda like the retro futurism artstyle and the music in the trailer. It looks like a campy ride.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Concept an character art is great. It looks very much like the awesome art of Don Lawrence (RIP) (Storm, The Rise and Fall of the Trigan Empire)

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Last edited by a moderator:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
I've been playing this about couple hours.
Feels like trial & error puzzle game, like tactical games with deterministic systems often do.

Last edited:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Can we compare it to Halfway and Depth of Extinction ?
Not really.
This one resolves turns differently by splitting those into planning and execution phases.
There's no change to hit or dice rolls for damage and most of the levels that I've played have trial & error puzzle feeling.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Yeah this is more a puzzle game than a strategy game. Though at least in the early levels it's not difficult enough to make that too obvious.

But the atmosphere (art, design, music, sound effects) is fantastic.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
This game has a certain... charm to it that's for sure. I have no idea what the gameplay is but the art director nailed the early ST atmosphere. It kinda looks like Paranoia, but much better.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
So I happen to have played that game. Get it :

The beginning of the game is great, then it starts to get a bit dull because it feels puzzly and it looks like enemies are melee only...

... but that’s the moment when the other side will roll off the ranged weapons.

At this point, 20% into the game, it is a pulp sci-fi Jagged Alliance 2 with deterministic combat and where you sometimes have to pull Into The Breach moves to survive.

The story is way more deterministic than JA 2 (no strategy mode, you play the scenario as they go, though you keep the stuff you loot) but it is very good and will surprise you.

Play it. Most of you will like it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom