Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I can't believe I'm posting this.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Clockwork Knight said:
fuck the MANrines, we got something better

205014ss_sm2.jpg

zss01.jpg

227c4376106bdea42e54ce9f01e8a3d9.jpg

Looks wapanese... FAIL

Multi-headed Cow

denizsi said:
racofer said:
Crispy said:
As it is, you're a fag for posting those GRAPHIX WHORE LOL.

Oh, is that so? Alright then, Crispy Boy. I'm now revealing your most well kept secret: the character you use on your Oblivion adventures:

9iwtfk.jpg

r04ggw.jpg

Fuck yes, I'm so playing this. Maybe it's asking a bit too much but, is there rape?
There is with the right mods installed. :incline:

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Wist said:

http://www.imperial-library.info/galler ... horrol.jpg[http://www.imperial-library.info/gallery/oblv_concept12B.jpg <------ gives me a 404...

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
The Gnisis concept art is fucking gorgeous. Instantly recognizable too.

Wist

Novice
JudasIscariot said:
http://www.imperial-library.info/gallery
http://www.imperial-library.info/galler ... horrol.jpg[http://www.imperial-library.info/gallery/oblv_concept12B.jpg <------ gives me a 404...
EDIT: Fix'd.
Anyway, it's such a shame that most of the Armor designs in Morrowind's concept art never materialized in the actual game. As far as I know, only Tamriel Rebuilt is even attempting to recreate a few of those armors while the rest of the MW modding community is either unable to or decide to waste their "talent" on shit like this:
http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/V ... ail&id=536

Still, no where near as bad as most Oblivion Modders...

CrimHead

Scholar
Archaeon said:
Mithril armor what the fuck???
THat's gay as fuck!

Yeah... Oblivion has MITHRIL (tell me this isn't a fantasy cliché), ELVEN (could we possibly get any more vague here?), and DWARVEN (not Dwemer, mind you, but simply DWARVEN) armours...

Kind of a dramatic departure from the alien designs of Bonemold, Chitin, Netch, and Vvardenfell glass, don’t you think?

Morrowind's setting is just so great. Alien and original. From the lore to the loot to the character design. In Sadrith Mora you'll find gigantic mushroom towers filled with crystal caverns and made home to ruthlessly opportunistic wizard lords. In Aldruhn, the town's folk occupy the giant, hollowed out shells of a native walking insect, and the manor is the husk of a massive crab that, through the reading of lore, you’ll will find out once laid siege to the city. In Vivec, you can see a floating meteor in the distance, made home to the city's ordinator's. Contrast that with Oblivion's conservative adherence to fantasy tropes and atmospheric sterility.

Bethesda went from amazing to shit in exactly ONE game, due in no small part, I imagine, to the developer's liberal implementation of TES forum recommendations (ZOMG DWEMER PUZZLEB OX 2 HARD 2 FIND!!!11 NEED COMPAS PL0X), although I’m not exactly sure about this. Were there any radical personnel changes that occurred between the two games? Seriously, does anyone have an idea as to what happened between the two to result in the utter catastrophe that was Oblivion? IMO (even with Oblivion tarnishing its name) there has never been a greater series of video games, and Daggerfall and Morrowind rank almost second to none on my all-time favorites list.

felicity

Scholar
There is a chitin armor mod for oblivion.

chitinfront.jpg
chitinback.jpg

chitincloseup.jpg
chitinclub.jpg
chitinspear.jpg

And the mandatory wapanese fetishes
pumpkinloli-1.jpg

laclongquan

Arcane
Yeah, well, no one deny that graphic, atmosphere, and items of Morrowind is second to none. It's just the boring banal mainline quest, plus the static town NPCs, that bring it to a boring standstill.

Wist

Novice
I love how the Wapanese clothes/armors have more effort into them then most other mods. Seriously.

Luzur

Good Sir
Wist said:
I love how the Wapanese clothes/armors have more effort into them then most other mods. Seriously.

why cant people who seems so good at modding make stuff that actually fits in Tamriel or fix some of the glaring fuck-ups in the game?

no instead we get rainbow winged butt-tigers with hardons, emo gay vampire leather gear and Gunblades or Hermione from Potter.

imagine what they could do if they combined and made a real effort at fixing things, like revamping the NPC's, hacking the dialogue engine and whatnot.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Luzur said:
why cant people who seems so good at modding make stuff that actually fits in Tamriel or fix some of the glaring fuck-ups in the game?
They, can and they do. Right now, we have mods improve almost every aspect of the game. Level scaling, character advancement, boring fights - you name it. F.e. even a "simple" mod like Real Fatigue changes a lot - now only really strong characters can wear heavy gear, you can't carry much and run for very long. There are lots of mods that improve stock content and add lore friendly stuff. The only thing you can't change much is the bland architecture and quests - but there are lots of mods that try to improve it. Some quest mods can cleverly intertwine their plot with the plot of stock quests - f.e. The Blackwood Company (made by someone from Codex IIRC).

Ermm

Erudite
Oblivion thread again?
Only MOD which would be decent is Predator MOD. It also has a great mothership interior. Is that released? I only saw video of it long ago and seemed semi-decent. But still it's Oblivion and you can't fix that which is beyond all hope.
But of course Highlander mod would be perfect for this game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom