Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I hate Eurogamer

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Ever read Eurogamer's top 50 of each year lists? They're always a good laugh.
2017 for example [...] What Remains of Edith Finch gets 2.
What Remains of Edith Finch is a fantastic storyfag game. It's unironically my 2017 GOTY.

Codex Year of the Donut
Who even reads Eurogamer anymore?
Why would anyone have read it to begin with?
Why would anyone need to read at all?
1435347247-1405057844711.jpg

barghwata

Savant
dark souls is probably one of the most overrated games of the century
Didn't gid gud did you?

Dark souls is like that game that casuals play to feel like hardcore gamers, it's designed in a way where it looks really difficult at first but it's actually much more player friendly then it lets on and just gets easier and easier the longer you play it, if it was really as difficult as some people make it out to be it wouldn't be as mainstream as it is.

It's still a great game of course, i just find people who think it's extremly difficult and hardcore to be really funny ..... sometimes obnoxious; like bitch please i played NES games that are 20 times harder and those were made for kids.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Dark souls is like that game that casuals play to feel like hardcore gamers, it's designed in a way where it looks really difficult at first but it's actually much more player friendly then it lets on and just gets easier and easier the longer you play it

It's called gidding gud.

barghwata

Savant
Dark souls is like that game that casuals play to feel like hardcore gamers, it's designed in a way where it looks really difficult at first but it's actually much more player friendly then it lets on and just gets easier and easier the longer you play it

It's called gidding gud.

Yes but it's nothing to be proud of; the game is designed in a way that any retard can learn the game and finish it and i mean literally ANYONE, even DSP finished it if you know who that is, take a look:

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
yeah i always found it funny how gamers say dark souls is the most difficult thing ever.

something like Wizardry 4 is the most difficult thing ever.

Falksi

Arcane
Jesus fucking Christ, I agree Anvi, what a bunch of cunts.

The second you know that the choices are gonna be bullshit? The second Mass Effect 2 appears on there. It's so inferior to ME1 it's unreal, yet the mong-cunts lap it up like a shaven snatch.

Here's the list of despair so far.....

FeatureGames of the Decade: Minecraft is a masterclass in accessibility and community
Nether gonna give you up.

FeatureGames of the Decade: Destiny was at its best when we cheesed it
The Last Word.

FeatureGames of the Decade: Fallout New Vegas knows you better than yourself
Courier think you are.

FeatureGames of the Decade: Bastion is a labour of love
A heady brew.

FeatureGames of the Decade: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is about a ruined world
Hey! Listen!

FeatureGames of the Decade: GTA Online is multiplayer like nothing else
"Stop firing rockets at my house!"

FeatureGames of the Decade: Dishonored taught me there is no right way to play
Outsider art.

FeatureGames of the Decade: Outer Wilds is the future
For the makers of music.

FeatureGames of the Decade: Splatoon kickstarted Nintendo's revival
Splash damage.

FeatureGames of the Decade: Overwatch shows how fun lore can enrich a competitive shooter
Our world is worth fighting for.

FeatureGames of the Decade: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim is anything but overrated
V. good.

FeatureGames of the Decade: The Last of Us is a masterclass in silent storytelling
Shh.

FeatureGames of the Decade: Clash Royale - less a game, more of a place
Cards across.

FeatureGames of the Decade: Stardew Valley is a fantastic achievement
[Insert The Archers theme tune.]

FeatureGames of the Decade: Mass Effect 2 gave me characters I will cherish forever
Squad goals.

FeatureGames of the Decade: Dark Souls is the cold at the heart of everything
Strange creature ahead.

:negative:

If you asked me to do a list of games of overhyped games the decade, built for dumbtards who are so simple they enjoy Nu-Star Wars & the Marvel trash, it would look very much like this. A truly awful list.

vota DC

Augur
dark souls is probably one of the most overrated games of the century
Didn't gid gud did you?

Dark souls is like that game that casuals play to feel like hardcore gamers, it's designed in a way where it looks really difficult at first but it's actually much more player friendly then it lets on and just gets easier and easier the longer you play it, if it was really as difficult as some people make it out to be it wouldn't be as mainstream as it is.

It's still a great game of course, i just find people who think it's extremly difficult and hardcore to be really funny ..... sometimes obnoxious; like bitch please i played NES games that are 20 times harder and those were made for kids.
It is very strange. Just like if in Deus Ex you get mj12 commandos in statue of liberty and later you fight thugs with crowbars in area 51.
The aids ogres and the platforming in aidstown are difficult but later level design becomes easier and they even give you teleport.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So much soy in that list.

Also I bet they put DS in there just to appear prestigious, doubt any of those degenerate Nintendo soyboys actually like that game.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Just so ya'll don't have any ideas like "Eurogamer is trash so I'll follow PC Gamer for my vidya news", this is how the PCG "news" section looks like right now:

Save $300 on an RTX 2080 Super-powered iBuyPower PC with Best Buy's Black Friday sale
Save $300 on this Acer Predator Helios 300 gaming laptop with a GTX 1660 Ti GPU and a 144Hz display
BioWare executive producer Mark Darrah tweets 'Dragon Age' repeatedly, for no apparent reason
Grab our favorite budget 4K HDR monitor for just $400
Overwatch is free to play for a week in Blizzard's Black Friday Sale
Get 2 years of our favorite VPN service for $60 in this great Black Friday deal
Look at these cows wearing VR headsets
Grab an iBuyPower gaming PC with an RTX 2070 Super for $1,200
This Alienware gaming PC with an RTX 2070 is discounted $430 right now
Sonic the Hedgehog, without his terrible teeth, headlines a new Humble Bundle
This MSI 24" curved gaming monitor is $84

Six out of ten news items is product placement. One is about brain degeneration due to soy overconsumption in Bioware. One about cows wearing VR. One about Overwatch. And one about Sonic.

:dead:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The real despair is felt by women like Aoife, having to work with severely T-deficient soymen like that dudelet.

Also we seriously need the soyface button.

hexer

What Remains of Edith Finch is a fantastic storyfag game. It's unironically my 2017 GOTY.

Earlier this year I watched a playthrough of it and it's one of the most depressing games I've seen.
The fact it won a bunch of awards and has a 95% Steam score is baffling.
Is our civilization really at a point in time when we're celebrating self-pity and feeling sad?

Garbage

Learned

It's called gidding gud.

Not really, they just summon a load of friends/NPCs, hide behind shields and weild the cheesiest weapons available.
There's actually a large portion of the soulsborne community that will call you elitist for telling people not to summon or hide behind shields even though they make the game journalist difficulty

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron

Earlier this year I watched a playthrough of it and it's one of the most depressing games I've seen.
Is our civilization really at a point in time when we're celebrating self-pity and feeling sad?

It is not self-pity, it is the reflection on life's fragility. Also fuck you.

abija

Prophet
The best argument against DS being hard are all the made up self imposed restrictions you should play with.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
DS is a prime example of a game considered hard just because it's not a typical, current year "press button to win" game.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Reading these comments I'm thinking Miyazaki was even more cunning I thought.

He deliberately designed Dark Souls so that edgelords could claim it IS and simultaneously ISN'T hard.

hexer

It is not self-pity, it is the reflection on life's fragility. Also fuck you.

Man up before life fucks you.

Alphons

Cipher
It also wasn't purely about quality - there are dozens of brilliant games released over the last 10 years which, it can be argued, are better than some of those we did pick.

Rather, we were looking to balance the games' quality with their significance and passion for them among our writers - because, as I'm sure you all know, sometimes you love a game that isn't necessarily a classic, or important, or even very good. Sometimes, by some weird alchemy, those are the games that matter the most. We've also been mindful to balance famous, canonical greats with a few entries that are lesser known, surprising, or even forgotten. There's only one game from 2019 in there, perhaps because hindsight hasn't come into full focus on the last 12 months yet.

Rather confusing wording- could be just shortened to "Games every journo was talking about and some that sold a lot. And yeah, we've put some OK games at random to avoid being called biased."

I mean I get Minecraft- what's more 2010s than Microsoft buying out indenpendent studio and raking the cash?

Let's play a game- what will make onto their list and why?

1. Gone Home- it has lesbians, Polygon journos are friends with devs, some journos cried, "focus on storytelling".
  2. Life is Strange- it has lesbians, many journos cried, "story driven".
  3. Sorry, I run out of games with lesbians...
  4. Death Stranding- Kojima
  5. God of War- warmly received by gamers and journos, changed the direction of the series
  6. The Walking Dead- first success of Telltale, also their last

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom