Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I hate Eurogamer

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Reading these comments I'm thinking Miyazaki was even more cunning I thought.

He deliberately designed Dark Souls so that edgelords could claim it IS and simultaneously ISN'T hard.

It's only hard for people who have never played games with decent action combat.

Tiger

Learned
I always knew they were mainstream scum that were paid for good reviews and paid to hype certain games, they proved that when Witcher 3 had full page ads and articles about it every day for 2 weeks up to and after release, but right now they have a "games of the decade" thing up to new year... So far they have Skyrim, Dark Souls, and GTA Online as games of the decade. Cunts.

Everquest is your favourite game. I thought you were monocled. Why the fuck are you reading Eurogamer?

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I always knew they were mainstream scum that were paid for good reviews and paid to hype certain games, they proved that when Witcher 3 had full page ads and articles about it every day for 2 weeks up to and after release, but right now they have a "games of the decade" thing up to new year... So far they have Skyrim, Dark Souls, and GTA Online as games of the decade. Cunts.

Everquest is your favourite game. I thought you were monocled. Why the fuck are you reading Eurogamer?
I don't know where else to look at mainstream game releases, besides Steam. I read a few other sites too like RPS, but they are owned by the same people apparently. I mostly only read it to see what new games are coming out. I stopped caring about their opinions long ago when they gave Mafia 4/10, Skyrim 10/10, Bioshit 10/10, DA2 8/10. They are clearly paid off.

Tiger

Learned

I don't know where else to look at mainstream game releases, besides Steam. I read a few other sites too like RPS, but they are owned by the same people apparently. I mostly only read it to see what new games are coming out. I stopped caring about their opinions long ago when they gave Mafia 4/10, Skyrim 10/10, Bioshit 10/10, DA2 8/10. They are clearly paid off.

Christ, RPS is the worst. Have you seen their staff? They're more concerned with hiring trannies and gays than anything else.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane

Christ, RPS is the worst. Have you seen their staff? They're more concerned with hiring trannies and gays than anything else.

Honestly, I :what:RPS articles long ago. Good old Johnny Walker made such cringe material that I felt like I was reading some sort of Illuminati recruitment guide. That was before Gamergate even happened. I swear to god these fucks went to Tavistock for their journo creds. Tavistock or aliens, one of the two.

If you go to a game website to read a review on a fantasy RPG game, and instead you get a 50,000 word diatribe about global warming, it's a good indicator to beat yer feet from said game website.

Gibson

Learned
Are there any that aren't terrible?

tbh - I "outsorced" looking for releases and opinions/reviews on "gaming" websites and just use Codex forums. If I'm feeling like playing a certain type of game I just scroll through one of the Subforums and find something I like.

I just can't deal with gaming sites anymore - if I want to hear about a certain social/political topic I sure as hell won't hear it from a gaming "journo" whose only knowledge comes from twitter/fb and blogs.
I just want to read about games on a gaming site.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom