Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I just beat Mass Effect 1

Freddie

Savant
But the Suicide Mission is one of the best final levels in video game history.
It sure is memorable and then, feeble baby Reaper...

I think it did quite a few things right, but if I were forced to choose play on repeat either Suicide Mission or final Citadel run from ME1 (I'm walking destruction) I would probably choose the latter.

But it was great idea, quite memorable and were been even better if they made it a bit longer and dropped the feeble Reaper, replaced a scene where Shepard cuts power from proto Reaper chamber or whatever and have dialogue wheel scene with choices to destroy it or to give it to Cerberus.

Must say though that I don't remember for sure if I finished ME2 on Insanity or not, probably did. AI being what it is, levels being short and most importantly enemy count that doesn't appear to change, they just become bullet sponges, it loses it's charm on replays.

I liked how they were tactical decisions and how choices made earlier in game (like upgrading Normandy or not) had consequences. Yeah, there were some good ideas.

Enjoy firing probes at planets for 80 hours
I never got the butthurt about this. You dont have to do this nearly as much as you had to roam random empty planets in ME1. It's 100x faster and unless you aim to probe every planet in the game, it doesn't take much time.

Mostly I think this is about the autists who loved bouncing around unrealistically in the mako for 80 hours, while larping a moon rover.

The Mako was badly implemented but anyone with half a brain could see that it could have been fun if it had been polished properly. Instead of improving on that part though Bioderp just outright cut it from the game and replaced it with the most boring gameplay possible, literally whack-a-mole in space garbage.

The story of the Mass Effect series. A whole like of stuff that was badly implement that anyone with half a brain could see could be good with just a little thought and polish. It's too bad nobody at BioWare even had half a brain.

Whack-a-mole is actually a game, which is more then can be said for the space probes.

Riel

Arcane
But the Suicide Mission is one of the best final levels in video game history.
It sure is memorable and then, feeble baby Reaper...

That despite the supremely stupid final boss Suicide Mission is still a singular game-end is indeed a proof of everything it did right. But yeah the mini reaper was retarded, rolf.
:shredder:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom