Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I plugged the Codex in my book

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Here: http://www.degruyter.com/viewbooktoc/product/431521 (it's Open Access)

(on the first page of the "Acknowledgements")

I was e.g. close to naming a mathematical entity a "Monocause" after one of the Codex members, but eventually decided a different name would be better. In general, thank you again, o Codex, for enriching my internet experience throughout the last 12 years :D

Helton

Arcane
And a hell of a book it is at that. :salute:

It isn't easy making probability interesting. Good job, sir. I say, good job.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I would also like to thank the friendly internet community of RPG Codex for some moments of inspiration.

Should've referred to us as "The Prestigious Magazine" :obviously:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Don't bother reading the book, the Butler did it. The sex scene in Chapter 9 was a bit clichéd too.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
evil-scientist.jpg

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Heh, one of your acknowledgements is a classmate of mine from high school as well. I guess it's a pretty narrow field, so it's not that surprising. Good job on increasing magazine prestige yet again, time for Crooked Bee to tweet the link imo. :smug:

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Here: http://www.degruyter.com/viewbooktoc/product/431521 (it's Open Access)

(on the first page of the "Acknowledgements")

I was e.g. close to naming a mathematical entity a "Monocause" after one of the Codex members, but eventually decided a different name would be better. In general, thank you again, o Codex, for enriching my internet experience throughout the last 12 years :D
This will definitely be read by me. Bought it. :salute: Are you a mathematician or a philosoph by the way?

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Heh, one of your acknowledgements is a classmate of mine from high school as well. I guess it's a pretty narrow field, so it's not that surprising.
This is very interesting :) Are you working in the same field?

raw: well, my PhD is officially in philosophy, but it's frankly mostly math. I took some math courses at the uni and I'm constantly learning stuff, mostly about probability.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Heh, one of your acknowledgements is a classmate of mine from high school as well. I guess it's a pretty narrow field, so it's not that surprising.
This is very interesting :) Are you working in the same field?

Not the same field, but the same faculty. I ended up going with computer science, while he picked mathematics. I wasn't particularly interested in an academic career either.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
well, my PhD is officially in philosophy, but it's frankly mostly math. I took some math courses at the uni and I'm constantly learning stuff, mostly about probability.
Philosophy, probability... is your thesis on Pascal's Wager?
:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom