Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I started making a video game because the CIA was ruining my life

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
How did the game launch go? Can you share sales data?
Launch day was pretty good... for a single-developer indie first release.

In the first 24 hours I sold about 200 copies and overall I've given away about that same number of review copies. Total sales in the last 3 weeks are up to about $8,000. After Steam and Epic get their shares, I get about $5,500. Sales have started tapering off, and I'm making about $100 a day. So if that keeps up, I'll make about $40k over the next year (from which I still owe some money to my composer, plus about $90/month in web-hosting fees, software licenses, and other stuff). If I work on the game for another year, then with 3 years of full-time development, that averages to about $13,000 per year I worked on it.

I'm getting a lot of new wishlists though, and some attention from publishers, so it's possible that the full release could be a lot bigger. But I don't really want to count my chickens before they hatch.

Haba I actually had never heard of Terry Davis. Just Googled him (and at the same time learned about that "glow in the dark" comment). Wow, that was one strange guy. Too bad how he ended up. With a little more business sense and a little less mental illness, that guy could have been Bill Gates.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'll buy your game. Please make a Steam store page so that I can put it on my wishlist. It costs $100 to host your app on Steam and you don't actually have to upload a build or sell any copies until you want to do so. You can market the game a little, though, and I've found that the Steam store naturally just directs a large number of people to your storefront through the Steam app.

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'll buy your game. Please make a Steam store page so that I can put it on my wishlist. It costs $100 to host your app on Steam and you don't actually have to upload a build or sell any copies until you want to do so. You can market the game a little, though, and I've found that the Steam store naturally just directs a large number of people to your storefront through the Steam app.

Thanks! You can check out my Steam page at https://store.steampowered.com/app/669500/Himeko_Sutori/. I actually got approved a long, long time ago as a Greenlight title. It has just taken me this long to finish the game. Or rather, it's not even finished yet. It's 3 weeks into early access, and I've fixed most of the worst bugs and I've added most of the features that are easy to implement and highly demanded. I hope to get back to adding content soon.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Thanks! You can check out my Steam page at https://store.steampowered.com/app/669500/Himeko_Sutori/. I actually got approved a long, long time ago as a Greenlight title. It has just taken me this long to finish the game. Or rather, it's not even finished yet. It's 3 weeks into early access, and I've fixed most of the worst bugs and I've added most of the features that are easy to implement and highly demanded. I hope to get back to adding content soon.

Awesome! For some reason when I clicked the link in your signature I just scrolled down and missed the steam link at the top.

Added to my wishlist.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom