Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ I want to be a Satan - Solium Infernum AAR

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
23. Oh fuck, oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck. I thought the FUCKING VENDETTA WOULD HAVE FUCKING ENDED THE MOMENT I CAPPED THE POP. TURNS OUT HE FUCKING TOOK IT AWAY FROM ME IN THE SAME FUCKING TURN HNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Very well, deso. You win this time, motherfucker. Fuck, if the combat deception worked last turn, I could recap it again. Goddammit.
There goes the vendetta prestige... ;_;

A wild Jaedar appears!
It uses Advice on deso.
It's Super Effective!

:M

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I remember that pm from cheddar around turn 10 or something

'hey roxor, how about you don't interfere with my plans, and I won't interfere with yours?'

*CURSE OF DIABOLISM, SUPPLYING DESO WITH ADVICE, DEEP STRIKING FLYING LEGION ON MY TURF*

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This game ruins friendships.

So it's perfect for codexers, since everyone is better off without such 'friends'.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I don't know, I find I'm rooting for Alex. While everyone's plotting and attacking each other, gaining prestige and places of power, he just sits there gathering resources and raising stats, seemingly optimistic and unfaced by the progress of the other players. I really do hope he wins for his excellent attitude alone, not to mention his awesome avatar.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Last Codex game we played of this one guy threw a fit because I backstabbed him, thus preventing him from winning while not having any chance to win myself. Pity I never posted the ingame messages he send. This game is build around the notion that even your best friends turn into horrid cunts when they can get away with it. Really love that boardgame aspect of it, and now noone can punch you in the face while doing it.

excellent attitude

He's probably the guy who hopes that noone notices them while he quietly sneaks off with the loot. Or he's simply the Machiavellian bastard who plays all against all without any noticing.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
He's probably the guy who hopes that noone notices them while he quietly sneaks off with the loot. Or he's simply the Machiavellian bastard who plays all against all without any noticing.
He probably would have mentioned in his logs, if that were the case.

Boris

Educated
Queued
Funny note: the selection sound in the orders list is the same as when an xcom soldier makes a step in an ufo. COPYRIGHT INFRIGMENT!

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Chapter VI: The Calm Before the Storm

DING DING, TURN 25

solium0190.jpg

solium0191.jpg

Good that I didn't have any wickedness to begin with :troll:

solium0192.jpg

Roxor said:
25. Root took the FUCKING BALLISTA. I am 100% sure he will be trying to take the infernal garden from me. And I'm getting 0 darkness in tribute. HNNGGGGGGG. Oh well, let's move the legion and demand more tribute. I'm sure I'll eventually get to the stage where I'll be able to spend my 22 souls and 15 flames...

This risotto I am eating now is quite disgusting.

solium0193.jpg

Herostratus said:
Turn 2w5235:

Either cheddar or root got the hellfire ballista. Cheddar used machine of antiwickedness. The cheddar will definitely be exterminated.

Looks like Herostratus had wickedness, tho :troll:

New bazaar stuff.

solium0194.jpg

solium0195.jpg

Pretty boran turn.

DING DING, TURN 26

solium0196.jpg

Roxorowicz said:
26. YES, FINALLY THE RESOURCES ARE AVAILABLE TO ME.

AND FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK THAT FUCKING ENEMY HEX-SNATCHING EVENT SNATCHES A RANDOM HEX. SO THERE's A 33% CHANCE I'LL GET THE ONE I WANT GG. I HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY YOU TOOK YOUR FUCKING LEGION TO HIS OTHER BORDER ONCE, DARTH ROXOR

Fuck dat gonna play it anyway, and consolidate tribute to raise int next turn.

Next time I get darkness, I'm gonna pilfer cheddar's vaults, he's been stocking on dangerous amounts of manuscripts. And then readjust threat order.

solium0199.jpg

solium0200.jpg

Those hexes up north, to the left of Arex's stronghold are the ones I raged about.

Norwegian said:
Turn 26:

Jaedar accepted demand. 2 turns and another demand, then vendetta. Tounge of the liar popped up in the shoppe. I hate to see another deceit item there but I have to focus on wickedness with mt erebus and all. Bidding on Valefar for a 2nd praetor, he gives pretty good stats so there's that.

Jaedar is now building machine of gluttony. This is now a race to extinction.

Chedderp said:
Turn 26
machine was successful, everyone hates me now, someone bought the bowl of darkness(roxor according to root). Good, let them waste their resources, I hope the thief steals it from them.

It's good that only root really took damage from the machine, otherwise everyone would strike against me.

Root said:
i actually had 0 wickedness but didnt want to make cheddar feel sad

hero wants oath of vile consumption #3 manuscript - hero has been collecting manuscripts like cray I think, he just got bone breaker v2

FFS

Bazaar stuff:

solium0201.jpg

solium0202.jpg

DING DING, TURN 27

solium0203.jpg

solium0204.jpg

Roxorus said:
27. YES! Success. Time to claim the mouth of abaddon and raise int to 4. That soul stacking finally paid off. They will tremble before my 4x tribute powerfarming.

Someone bought a lot of shit from the bazaar, though, including the tongue of the liar. It is absolutely critical I evac Vassago off the map next turn.

solium0205.jpg

solium0206.jpg

Raising intellect to 4 is pretty nifty. You get to draw 2 event cards when you're a regent (altho you keep only 1). Not to mention the +1 turn order.

solium0207.jpg

It ain't cheap tho.

solium0208.jpg

Breivik said:
Turn 27:

Fuck. Fuck. FUCKFUCFUCKFUCKFUFKCUIFKFUF. Goblet of the traitor is up, and im short by 3 souls (wasted on some rtarded praetor, valefar). FUFUFUFUF

Coxxor is moving towards the mouth of abaddon, no problem tho. I can conquer it from him later, my legion is superior. Only purrblem is if I have to bitchslap cheddar in the east at the same time, AND he buys sword of dismissal.

Gusion got available in shoppe. I can afford him, if I spend all my shit. Worst thing is he's a good fit for coxxor so he might buy him too... *sigh*

Rootokun said:
jaedar has rite of flesh rapture

Bazaar stuff:

solium0209.jpg

Gusion is one of the top duelist praetors in game. His stats are p high.

solium0210.jpg

And this is what Anointed of Ash provides:

Praetor upgrade.
+2-4 HP, +1-3 Loyalty, +1-3 Attack, +1-3 Defense, +1-3 Infernal, +1 Luck.
Rather ridonkulous

solium0211.jpg

solium0212.jpg

And something that I failed to notice when playing: Deso has been arming his legion with the +5melee wheel.

DING DING, TURN 28

solium0213.jpg

solium0214.jpg

Roxorowski said:
28. Some motherfucker's spying on me, and hero's demanding 3 tributes. Fortunately my ass is sitting on a whole truckload of flames I'm not using, starting vendettas now does not profit me.

And now I'm gonna demand resources 3 fucking times and evac Vassago. This better net me some darkness. I'm gonna powerfarm a lot now. The augury troubles me, however.

solium0215.jpg

solium0216.jpg

solium0217.jpg

solium0218.jpg

<herostratus> Sup rox.
<herostratus> Just chillin'. I can see my stronghold from up here.

Herostratus said:
Turn 28:

No one bought goblet... perhaps they bought my IRC lie that it only healed ur dudes? Anyways I think I scrap the entire "get 4 wickedness" plan, i have lost 3 points in that stat in total now and I have more immediate goals. After the goblet I will (hopefully) get Gusion and use him as my fighting praetor. Gusion with goblet would be unstoppable. I also have an infernal manual for him

As you can see here, Herostratus has violated the #1 rule of Solium Infernum: Backstabbing is all fun and games, but lying about game mechanics is forbidden, unfriendly, treason and subject to immediate termination.

Here's someone who hasn't chimed in for a while:

Arex said:
Turn 25~28:
Not much happened. I am managing to increasemy stats. Next turn, I should have
both wickedness andcunning 3. Then, it is a small step to get it to 4 and thus
have 5 actions per turn. Then, I just need to manage my martial ability, and the
first step will be done.

And some rat ferreting about:

Route said:
roxor has intellect - tried dark augury - he doesnt have the +1 order relic in his vault, could be in ritual chamber

Bazaar stuff:

solium0219.jpg

DING DING, TURN 29

Lots of stuff.

solium0221.jpg

solium0222.jpg

Events I could draw, don't even remember which one I kept:

solium0223.jpg

solium0224.jpg

Rawx said:
29. Now DESO is SPYING and DEMANDING of me, FFS. Fortunately, I am still sitting on a truckload of useless resources, and the spying was fruitless. And to make matters EVEN better, some negrissimo is artificially pumping up my prestige to make even more vultures come after me.

Oh, which reminds me, let's demand tribute 3 more times again. And loot Cheddar's vaults.

solium0225.jpg

^ Demand being paid

solium0227.jpg

^ Vaults being looted

solium0228.jpg

^ And here you can see my prestige being pumped by some vile events. In the diplomacy screen, my prestige is shown as 150. But in reality, as you can see on my resource tab, I actually have 128.

Alex said:
Turn 29:
I need more resources now, but with a bit of luck, I should upgrade wickedness
next turn. If I can get my hands on some rites then, I could advance really fast.I
also need to keep an eye up to resource generating artifacts.

And that would be all for this silly turn.

DING DING, TURN 30

where more silly stuff is to follow

solium0229.jpg

solium0230.jpg

Rox said:
30. Hey, that vault pilfering actually paid off. I snatched a 3-darkness card that completely covered the expenses. Just a shame I didn't get his manuscripts.

Motherfucker root is insulting me. I COULD risk a very rng-heavy play and make him suicide on my pop with combat deception, but I'd rather not risk it. 8 prestige is not the end of the world. There's a really nice were-elephant praetor on the bazaar, gonna try snatching him, and I'm gonna overbid him with 6 fucking resources because those bazaar moths are buying EVERYTHING OFF IT.

MORE GODDAMN TRIBUTE. Next turn I'll try to finally readjust threats and loot Deso's vaults for a change.

Cheddar's begging for hilfe against hero's Fulminata about to rape his pop. Don't mind if I do. It takes only 2 dorkness to throw a combat deception on these fellows, and well, I'll get emissary with $$$ + screwing herpo over a bit

solium0231.jpg

solium0232.jpg

Cheddar's borders are about to get bumrushed.

Cheddar said:
Turn 30
These are dark times. Hero demanded a relic of me, and I cannot give that too him, so he will take my only pop in a vendetta, as I am powerless to stop him. The thief has now started targeting me, to even greater woe.

In short, where before this game was lost, it's now over.

But I swear I will take hero with me. Some way, some how.

Roxor offered to help me. I hope he can succeed, but I doubt I can stop hero if he fails. RNG will tell.

solium0233.jpg

I decided to lower the Fulminata's ranged stat, its highest.

Alex said:
Turn 30:
Managed to increase wickedness, but I will need to be really lucky if I am to
increase cunning next turn. Still, I will have 4 action slots from now on.

Bazaar stuff:

solium0234.jpg

Temeluchas is a VERY powerful praetor. His combat stats are excellent - high hp, high attack/defence, and 3 orbs sufficient for an infernal burst. He's also very good when assigned to a legion - +5 melee is not to be trifled with, and +3 loyalty assures your legion doesn't get snatched by enemy deceit.

solium0235.jpg

solium0236.jpg

solium0237.jpg

solium0238.jpg

solium0239.jpg

solium0240.jpg

Final standing for turn 30, with my prestige still being artificially pumped.

And brace yourselves, for turn 30 has very much began the most... friendly part of this game.

Last edited:

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm rooting for Alex.
He's fuckin' roleplaying obese lazy devil and he stays true to his avatar.

:thumbsup:
There is actually a 'Sloth' public objective (not to initiate any 'diplomatic' contact IIRC, which isn't exactly congruent).

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Chapter VII: The Joys of War

TURN 31

solium0241.jpg

solium0242.jpg

Root said:
roxor has temeluchas - fuck him

solium0243.jpg

Massive bumrush about to happen around Cheddar's great wheel of pain.

Cheddar said:
Turn 31

Defense plan is as follows. Move up shitty starter to provide assistance that hopefully will not be necessary: 1/4 chance he'll land on it after vendetta. Hope hero caps the pop this turn, and then I can reclaim it with fliers.

And roxor said something about throwing in a ritual. We will see who shall win this war yet!

Roxor said:
31. Combat deception didn't work. Sorry chedderp. BUUUT I might still attempt using that on his pop and let him counter attack. Let's do that. I'm gonna make a demand at hero, too. My new were-elephant ubersoldat will rape the shit out of him should vendettas happen. Next turn imma use augury on him to check for any dangerous manuscripts and whatnot.

More tributes.

solium0246.jpg

solium0247.jpg

solium0248.jpg

Using combat deception on the wheel to make Cheddar lose less hp when reclaiming it.

solium0249.jpg

New praetor on the bazaar.

Alex said:
Turn 31:
I did get lucky! Now, I need to focus on getting resources and scrolls. I will
soon have all my attributes 6. Oh, artifacts are important too.

DING DING, TURN 32

solium0250.jpg

solium0251.jpg

Rootokun said:
roxor has intellect - tried dark augury - he doesnt have the +1 order relic in his vault, could be in ritual chamber

The wheel of pain has been changing hands. This is Jaedar's Stalingrad.

Cheddar said:
Turn 32

Well, the pop is still mine, but vendetta is sitll raging, and hero will bring in too much support this time. Tacticool withdrawal, at least I will get a level out of it

Herostratus has assigned a shitton of support to his Fulminata.

solium0255.jpg

solium0256.jpg

Valefar and the monstertruck pump the legion's stats to the stratosphere.

solium0257.jpg

Meanwhile all Cheddar has is a silly sigil on the flying legion.

Roxorowicz said:
32. Combat deception worked and the vendetta has been postponed. Hero's legion attacking cheddar is filled to the goddamn brim with attachables. Hello there, Valefar, let me show you what that means when you've got a thief around.

Damn, this is how the US must have felt when supplying Afghanistan with waffen and training vs the Soviets.

Also, tribute. And augury on hero. After all this is done, I think I'll try to focus on raising cunning to 5 so I can snatch those goddamned relics.

solium0252.jpg

solium0253.jpg

Trying to steal stuff with the pilfer, coerce and bribe ritual has the following formula.

For legions and praetors, it's d6+cunning vs d6+(level+loyalty)/2

For artifacts and relics, it's d6+cunning vs d6+level

Valefar has level 3 and loyalty 2, so his roll is +2... I think. I am still not sure whether that roll rounds up or down, but almost everything in SI rounds down, so I can only assume it does as well. And that's still vs my +4 cunning, so my odds are p high.

solium0254.jpg

Also augury.

DING DING, TURN 32

solium0258.jpg

solium0259.jpg

solium0260.jpg

Herostratus's Fulminata is rampaging through Cheddar's legions.

Cheddar said:
Turn 33

So roxor is the thief. Can't say I'm surprised. Hero neglected to claim the pop this turn. He really went for max vendetta duration, no way I could have held out that long.

solium0261.jpg

Jaedar's flying legion levelled up and got a hp boost.

Roxorus said:
33. Steel steal didn't work ;_; oh well. Neither did my augury actually show anything useful. And Deso is starting to become really fucking annoying with his gay-ass demands. In fact, I've had just about enough of them.

Time to use the manoeuvre training. His puny legions will taste my goddamned wrath, and about time they fucking did.

solium0262.jpg

Here's what my augury revealed of Herostratus. Not exactly much, isn't it.

solium0263.jpg

Here's me saying fuck you to Deso

solium0264.jpg

And claiming vendetta on Herostratus.

solium0265.jpg

It will be resolved by single combat. Temeluchas will have his baptism by fire.

solium0266.jpg

Also, training my legion with the +1 movement manuscript that I snatched all the way back in turn 13.

solium0267.jpg

Also,

More Roxorus said:
Also, either there's another thief on the run, or they are massively bluffing.

This has been written as a response to some irc banter. Despite my bribery attempt not working on Valefar, he has still vanished from the map, and the Norwegian was all ragey about him being stolen.

solium0271.jpg

A new artifact on the bazaar. Very, VERY powerful.

DING DING, TURN 34
Where shit begins to hit the fan

solium0268.jpg

solium0269.jpg

solium0270.jpg

Roxorowicz said:
34. Excellent, got a shitton of darkness last turn. I'll be really needing it.

Right, let's do this. First thing - loot hero's vaults, maybe I'll snatch a praetor manuscript.

Second - arm my legion. The lance of the leper king and Vassago will be formidable enough. Next turn we'll see his move, and I'll use appropriate combat deceptions if needed.

solium0272.jpg

Using superior movement to get my legion close to Deso's.

And arming it with Vassago + Lance

solium0273.jpg

solium0274.jpg

solium0275.jpg

And looting hero's vaults

New stuff on the bazaar:

solium0276.jpg

solium0277.jpg

Alex said:
Turn 32-34:
Things are going swimingly, for a change. Thislastturn, I just bidon the iron
maiden, which will, hopefully,increase my tributeamount. It is just apity I ncever
got a decent pop, as I don't have that many places to put them.

solium0278.jpg

Here you can see Cheddar's Darkwing Legion barely evading horrible rape by the Fulminata, escaping only with 3 hp.

And finally,

solium0279.jpg

Jaedar's praetor getting butchered by the Butcher.

Cheddar said:
Turn 34
Zuul died to the first action. Odds of this are so fucking low. I can onlty assume hero is cheating to kill me. Very well, I shall make it my only mission to defeat him.

The Butcher is the first in a line of praetors from the Pandemonium that you can challenge for massive prestige boosts and level ups for your praetor.

Cheddar had a clever plan, but he got fucked by RNG. Obsidian Skin is a move that blocks 2d6 damage for the entire combat (including first move). He must have rolled really badly 'cause The Butcher used piercing lunge and killed him in a single hit. Piercing lunge does (skulls) worth of damage and another d6 if your assigned skulls exceed an opponent's skulls. And he got +2 luck, too.

So long, Zuul.

DING DING, TURN 35
Where shit HITS the fan

solium0282.jpg

solium0283.jpg

solium0284.jpg

solium0285.jpg

A pretty neat even to use against martial-arts-fags.

Also, Darth Roxor is a bit mad:

Roxor said:
35. YES, I TOOK HIS BONE BREAKER

YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

And someone took my Temeluchas.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEX

Ok, enough of this shit. Time for an expensive fucking augury against the guy who's been doing nothing for the last 30 turns.

AND SOME MORE MOTHERFUCKING TRIBUTE. I'M GONNA LOSE MY VENDETTA BECAUSE I'M NOT SENDING VASSAGO OFF TO SUICIDE, BUT FUCK THAT AT LEAST I WAS CLEVER ENOUGH TO WAGER THE LEAST AMOUNT OF PRESTIGE. AND TIME TO VANQUISH DESO'S SHIT FUCKING LEGION BECAUSE FUCK

MAYBE IT'S TIME TO GET 5 INT (I could actually do that)

solium0286.jpg

Here's the bone breaker manuscript I snatched.

solium0287.jpg

Cheddar's payment for help vs Herostratus has arrived.

solium0288.jpg

And my legion is about to wipe Deso's bodyguards off the map.

solium0289.jpg

Alex has been left alone for far too long this game. He must be hiding something.

Alex said:
Turn 35:
Still not enough to raise martial skill again, but getting there. I need to
movefast now. Either get rites to increase my attributes or bite the bullet and go
with resources.

DEFINITELY HIDING SOMETHING @_@

And new bazaar stuff:

solium0290.jpg

solium0291.jpg

The Observer, aka Root, has insightful insight as well

Root said:
deso stole temeluchas - he is the thief. i knew it.

I wish I knew it back then as well.

HUEHUE, TURN 36

solium0292.jpg

solium0293.jpg

solium0294.jpg

solium0295.jpg

Deso's legion stood no chance.

Roxette said:
36. Some fucking sack of wank is still trying to snatch my vaults. And Alex's ritual slots are CHOCKFUL of relics.

I nuked deso's legion, my dudes leveled up and got +4 hp, very good, I knew hoarding that +1 movement manuscript as long as possible would pay off. I'm gonna try combat deception on Deso's legion of the skull, and then snatch his ramming wheel. +TRIBUTE. Once I'm done with deso I'm getting 5 fucking int.

solium0296.jpg

As tempting as it was to get +1 movement for a total of 4, I figured 3 was enough, and I really needed the extra hp now that everyone was stacking up lots of armaments.

solium0297.jpg

Alex's ritual chambers showed that he was hoarding all the tribute-increasing relics. Surprise surprise.

Alex said:
Turn 36:
Set to increase my martial skill, and I began to consolidate tributes so I can
increase intellect. Jaedar stole my rite, but no big deal, I really doubt I could
have completed it in time, and soon I will be the one stealing.

hue

solium0298.jpg

Deceiving Deso's legion that's marching towards my pillar of skulls

solium0299.jpg

And moving my personal guard to the pillar for some healing + support.

solium0300.jpg

New manuscript on the bazaar

solium0301.jpg

And final standing for turn 36.

Last edited:

Boris

Educated
Queued
^ You suck dude, I put my faith into your avatar and you failed horribly in Pandemonium.

If Alex went from the beginning for a camping style than putting 1's in all his attributes is kind of dumb...
Roxor on the other hand had an almost optimal build for it.
3 charisma -> 3 tribute cards per request -> 2 orders per turn -> 6 tribute cards (2*3)
On approx turn 4, he could raise Cunning to 4 and get the 3rd order -> 9 tribute cards per turn (3*3)
If he would spend nothing on the bazaar (he actually could, with the stuff thats not overlapping resources) he could raise some other stat (he had a 2 in something because he took the prestige lowering perk, which is a big mistake imo, stealing is irregular and does not pay that much, while a measly +2 instead of a +1 in a stat on character creations is lame too ) up to 4 for another order in approx round 10 -> 12 tribute cards (4*3)
12!
By turn 15 he could have either increased another stat up to 4 for the 5th order or charisma up to 5 for 4 tribute card per request and have -> 5 orders, 3 cards or 4 orders, 4 cards (5*3) or (4*4)

But with 1 in charismaon the first turn... I also dont know if he could even get enough prestige by now to catch up...
There are of course the epic legions like The Beast and whoever bought the Throne that TRIPPLES the preator bonus... gee. With that he could get a nice Blood Feud going on one front at least. Take the Pandemonium, lead a Holy War.

I lost all my logs for those turns, annoying shit. This game I'm using word instead of pastebin :M

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Chapter VIII: A Pacifist in Hell

DING DING, TURN 37

solium0302.jpg

solium0303.jpg

solium0304.jpg

As you can see, Deso's legion of doom has been severely weakened after my combat deception.

solium0305.jpg

And my legion of doom could wipe it out without any problems. But,

Roxorowski said:
37. HUEHUEHEUHEUEHUEHUEHAUEHAUEHUAEUAHEHUAHEUHEUE combat deception worked. They are coming to get you, Barbara. I could assume he'll be dumb and will try to run, but JUST IN CASE, I'm gonna do a detour and not chase him directly. He might be trying to be sneaky and go south to strike a final blow against my pop at last vendetta turn. I am not risking that. If I play safe, I win regardless, so no need for greed.

And now that this is out of the fucking way, I'm gonna use augury on root. Oh, and I'm definitely bidding on the machine of omens part. No one's reducing my fucking int.

solium0306.jpg

So this was the root I took just in case Deso would try to be clever.

Also,

More Roxor said:
Now this is an interesting development. Cheddar tells me he can knock hero out of the game by excommunicating himself and destroying his stronghold the very next turn. And he ain't lying, there would be nothing the norwegian could do about it. I could use him as a neat distraction and activate plan B afterwards, scorch the earth and everyone on it. Excommunicate myself with a quick fireball on pandemonium, blitz root ASAP, then proceed towards Deso while Cheddar gets rid of Alex. And finally dispose of Jaedar in the end.

Yes... this should work.

solium0307.jpg

solium0308.jpg

If you look at the combat stats, if Cheddar armed his legion with the +4 infernal artifact he had (that also boosts other stuff), Hero's stronghold would stand no chance.

This was an excellent time for armageddon.

Cheddar said:
Turn 37
gonna team with roxor to wipe everyone out. ALEA IACTA EST, WE DIE IN GLORY!

solium0309.jpg

Spying on Root

solium0310.jpg

Bidding on manuscripts

Herostratus said:
Turn 37: Fuck pastebin. Just fuck it. 10 turns gone, so much epicness there. le fu. Anyways gonna praetor bully coxxor.

This was Herostratus's last note because he got butthurt about pastebin eating his turns and never updated his .txt again.

DING DING, TURN 38

solium0311.jpg

solium0312.jpg

Roxorus said:
38. Right. Cheddar got x-com'd. But turns out he derped and doesn't have first move. I'm gonna use combat deception on hero's HQ to drop its ranged stat and assure its downfall. Also, moving legions - one to block the path to Cheddar's HQ, the second to regen some hp at the pillar of skulls. This is gonna be a really close fucking call.

Herpo trying to bribe me to shoot cheddar with a fireball ^________^

Important thing is I got the manuscript. Bidding on a +charisma manuscript, too. You faggots ain't getting them. Also, just as expected, Root was the thief. And Deso actually insulted root, I wonder if vendetta will happen because that would greatly help my plans. The more pawns the better.

solium0313.jpg

Using this course of action, I'd block Root's only bridge into Cheddar's territory, and place my uberlegion close to the centre of the mayhem.

solium0314.jpg

Here's cheddar's legion, exploiting one single silly unoccupied canton that Herostratus didn't cap around his entire fuckhueg territory. Talk about forging your own downfall.

In a regular situation, Cheddar would now have first move and would be free to knock out Herostratus from the game without absolutely any problems whatsoever.

However, he forgot about one thing. Once you get excommunicated, you are no longer chosen regent. That means the regent cycle is taking a leap on you. So, he should have been regent and got the first move this turn... but instead he is stuck with last move. Hue.

Herostratus has been furiously pming everyone with promises of tribute and emissaries if anyone stopped the swedish invader.

One of them actually responded.

Alex said:
Got martial skill up to 4 now. Jaedar got unlucky and got kicked out of the
infernal counsil. This could be a problem. I don't want anyone dying yet. A change in
the balance of power could bring their eyes to me. By the way, someone keeps dark
auguring me.
Anyway, it seems Jaedar tried to go for Hero's fortress. I don't want anyone
dead yet, so I am blowing up his legion. Hero will pay me 6 ichor, though I am not
sure if I can trust him. Still, I get to keep my facade of nice guy, and we keep all
the archdemons in the game.

Oh Alex, you silly goose.

solium0315.jpg

Here are Root's stats that I managed to spy.

solium0316.jpg

Herostratus promised he wouldn't call vendetta if I nuked cheddar's legion (TO WHICH I OBVIOUSLY AGREED), so I refused the demand.

solium0317.jpg

And bid on this

solium0318.jpg

Also, in a recent Herostratus vs Root vendetta, Root's personal guard has been very much obliterated.

solium0319.jpg

This is me decreasing the norwegian's HQ's stats to give cheddar an upper hand.

DING DING, TURN 39

solium0320.jpg

solium0321.jpg

solium0322.jpg

Well, no sign of Jaedar's legion. And Herostratus's HQ is still standing. Something went ronk.

Jaedar said:
Fehl.

So it seems everyone is stupid and happily sees the person in the lead keep being there for a few petty resource cards.

Roxor is gonna exterminate me next turn.

At least I die knowing that I am the only one of this rabble of thieves with a spine.

Roxor said:
39. Well, cheddar fucked up cuz Alex nuked him. There goes plan B. Oh well. At least I can get a border right next to root's tree of woe, thanks to both cheddar's canton, and deso's, who still has a vendetta with me lul.

Also, if I get to wreck cheddar's HQ, this should get me a MASSIVE prestige boost.

Also2, it turns out that almost everyone in the goddamned game is running deceit. Deso wanted to be bribed with darkness, Alex tells cheddar he can confuse enemy legions, Root is a confirmed stealer... only Hero and, ironically, Cheddar don't DECEIVE.

solium0324.jpg

Moving one legion closer to cap Cheddar's HQ, and second to cap cantons at Root's border

solium0325.jpg

Meanwhile, Root's personal guard has reformed.

Its stats are a little... well, suboptimal :M

DING DONG TURN 40

Where shitloads of funky stuff happens.

solium0326.jpg

solium0327.jpg

solium0328.jpg

Herostratus has sent out a whole platoon of emissaries to everyone, I won my vendetta vs Deso, and resisted the Inquisitors event.

solium0329.jpg

Also drew this incredibly lulzy legion-nuker

Roxorus said:
40. Right. Let's murder cheddar, bid on a +ranged manuscript and demand from Root.

This is a pretty interesting turn of events tho. An event caused pretty much everyone's bought legions to vanish, except mine. Fulminata, Legion of the Damned, Order of the Skull. All dead and gone. Along with Deso's raum and wheel ^___________^

solium0330.jpg

A pretty close race with Herostratus to Cheddar's HQ

Jaedar the Fallen said:
TURN DEFF

All things become clearer in death. Root is chanceless, hero is unwilling to do what must be done and deso has no military might left. The man they call Alex has schemed, and in a way, he is the most unfriendly of us all, exploiting the fact that no one wants to attack him despite his obvious turtle strategy. But he will fail, for in choosing hero over me, he has ensured that he cannot reach Pandemonium. And that leaves roxor as the winner. In the end, my glorious death will accomplish what it was meant to do.

Moral 2nd place here we come!

For those about to die, we salute you :salute:

solium0331.jpg

Bidding on a manuscript

solium0332.jpg

And demand from Root.

solium0333.jpg

solium0334.jpg

Root's super high infernal rank (prince) vs my moderate one (marquis) makes me unable to demand more than a single friggin card. Also, the demand prestige cost is high as hell.

Rootokun said:
turn 40 - my beautiful plan is in ruins. though assembled in the haste of the moment, it had such promise. jaedar would destroy hero of his own volition. other people would destroy jaedar. i would expel roxor with deso's votes. then i'd try to frame deso for excommunication. his army is a shambles. he wouldnt have been able to stand up to a few shitty troops, and besides, i'd steal all his stuff.

then it would be me and alex. and I would have the upper hand.

but alas, alex's greed failed us all. he took herostratus' bribe and destroyed jaedar's legion as it was
about to destroy hero's stronghold. Alex, the traitor. a hundred deaths are not enough for alex.

I will lose. But there is a chance...if only I can take out roxor.

Root would have had a pretty hilariez reality check about his quickly constructed plan if my plan succeeded :M

DING DONG TURN 41

solium0335.jpg

solium0336.jpg

solium0337.jpg

solium0338.jpg

There goes Cheddar. Bye!

Herostratus has sent me an emissary as 'payment' for my 'assistance' in 'nuking' Jaedar.

Roxor said:
41. Well shit. Alex just raised his int to 6. I got cheddar's HQ, and got pretty much fuck all, but at least it's giving me +2 prestige/turn.

solium0339.jpg

Here's the shattered land that once used to be Jaedar The Vile's kingdom.

solium0340.jpg

Deso's personal guard that I nuked a few turns ago has reformed. Its stats aren't AS suboptimal as Root's, however. Still pretty shit, tho.

solium0341.jpg

He also bought the crimson reapers.

Who were replaced on the bazaar by...

solium0342.jpg

This.

The Gorgons are quite possibly THE most powerful legion in the game. Their ranged and infernal are simply ridiculous, and pair that with the fact that not only do they take less damage from melee, the melee phase of combat actually happens last. But they are pretty expensive, and need an upkeep per turn. Still, unless you have something REALLY powergamed, these assholes shouldn't even be approached.

Meanwhile,

Alex said:
Turn 38-41

Jaedar accused me of dooming him. So I played a card that destroyed most
legions on board. I wanted to save that one for a while, but the situation demanded
it. Also, the first rite I managed to get together was the aether rupture. But I
already have 5 intellect. Damn it. Still, I should get my martial ability upgraded
soon.

Unfortunately, the retribution against Jaedar was swift, and he is out now.
I tried to stop it, but I couldn't. Roxor took over his fortress. Jaedar still blames
me, though. I should have seenthat coming, still, I hped the others didn't want to go
for an all out war yet. I am pretty sure hero will be next. I need to finish my
preparations so I am ready to take over pandemonium when that happens.
By the way, a lot of people were pissed I used the perfidy event to destroy
legions. Aparently, Deso lost most of his power base.

WELL WHAT DO YOU KNOW, PACIFISM IN HELL DOESN'T EXACTLY WORK AS FORESEEN????????

DING DING TURN 42

solium0343.jpg

Rox said:
42. Desu desu, Herpo has given me a fuckton of darkness. Now I wonder if I should raise int or cunning.

Root refused my demand. I hope he enjoys losing his tree of woe. Gonna launch a combat deception against it just in case. And I'll launch demonic premonitions for two turns in case he tries to do something funny.

Also, I like how hero gave me an emissary stopping any demands/insults for 7 turns. This waiting game will profit me immensely, ESPECIALLY when I get 5 int and double pop prestige gain.

solium0344.jpg

solium0345.jpg

solium0346.jpg

Demonic Premonitions is a ritual that you really, REALLY want to have up when you know that you are going against certified thieves. Unless their cunning is really powergamed and they have a shitton of +++deceit rolls from relics or sth, this pretty much makes you completely immune to cunning-based rituals.

At a cost of 2 ichor/1 flame per turn, it's also decently cheap

solium0347.jpg

Herostratus has been furiously capping the aftermath of Jaedar's demise.

and that's basically it

DING DING, TURN 43

solium0348.jpg

solium0349.jpg

Roxorowski said:
43. Someone disabled all vendettas for 4 turns.

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. At least root bought the gorgons for nothing. HF WITH UPKEEP SUCKER.

Now about that int5. Tribute + consolidation. Also, demonic premonitions upkeep, gonna keep it up till I advance int.

The tale of pacifism continues

solium0350.jpg

Root bought the Gorgons. Never a good sign of things to come.

solium0351.jpg

solium0352.jpg

solium0353.jpg

Deso has armed his legion and moved it dangerously close to my border

solium0354.jpg

Here's the current standing for turn 43.

mapa4.jpg

And a map to go with it as well.

Stay tuned for more plotting, pacifism and posterior pain!

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Yeah, I root for root too. He has the coolest build even if he cocked it up.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
You guys should try Neptune's pride next. (Just get enough players to dogpile into one of the free games and murder any non-codexians foolish enough to join you. If you have 8 people, you can fill a free game).

The game encourages temporary alliances of convenience and backstabbing whenever your so-called allies are vulnerable.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
You can gain a little in doing so. But the few games I had I just checked in the morning, during lunchbreak and evening and I did k. Might be more hectic if the players are in different time zones. Our games were 100% scandinavians, so everyone were active around the same times.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
We did play neptunes pride, at least some of us. But we didn't really like it for some reason iirc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom