Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ I want to be a Satan - Solium Infernum AAR

Boris

Educated
Queued
Wow, root spoiled the soup for someone by grabbing the epic legion. Alex could have went Jihad with it...

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Chapter IX: Heretics! Heretics Everywhere!

Welcome back assembled homosexuals, furries, LIBRULZ and other denizens of Hell. I hope you are ready, for now begins... THE INQUISITION!

1276549541935.jpg

Unfortunately, when it comes to turn logs, at this point pretty much only mine are left, and some sporadic ones from Root.

DING DING, TURN 44

solium0355.jpg

solium0356.jpg

solium0357.jpg

Deso sure is stacking up on them legions.

Also,

solium0358.jpg

Someone used an event that excommunicates a random player. Alex was the unfortunate one to draw the shortest straw.

Roxor said:
44. Time to raise int.

And THIS is an interesting turn of developments. Someone used an event to excommunicate Arex. It is incredibly tempting to vote yes after everything that's been fucking done with this pacifist in hell. But I risk a lot of prestige. Otoh, I could get it back fairly fast with int5 ritual.

Root is trying to trade his yes vote for me leaving him alone. Alright. Let's do this. There is no place for friendship in HELL

<Alex> I hope my friends see that this accusation is baseless and will vote no!

NO PLACE FOR FRIENDSHIP IN HELL

solium0359.jpg

Also, increasing int.

solium0360.jpg

And moving legion to race Herostratus to Alex's HQ.

solium0368.jpg

In fact, let's try to get a head start in this race.

New stuff on the bazaar:

solium0361.jpg

solium0362.jpg

DING DING, TURN 45

solium0363.jpg

solium0364.jpg

Roxor said:
45. Alex got x-com'd. Now to race hero to that HQ... let's hope my rituals finally work and stop him in place.

solium0365.jpg

Moving legion

solium0366.jpg

This is our objective.

solium0367.jpg

And Hero is pretty far away

solium0374.jpg

But helping him to be even more far away is a good idea.

solium0375.jpg

solium0376.jpg

solium0369.jpg

Root is arming his Gorgons...

solium0370.jpg

Deso still stacking legions.

This shit feels like early 1914

solium0371.jpg

New legion on the bazaar.

DING DING TURN 46

solium0372.jpg

solium0377.jpg

Root got another legion.

solium0378.jpg

And despite my ritual not working, as well as the distances between me and Herostratus being p. much equal to Alex's HQ:

Rox said:
46. Well, what do you know. Alex ain't getting regent, so in the next turn I'll be first to go... and take his HQ before hero ^___________________^

Also, funny thing. Alex is saying Deso is trying to kingmake me, but it makes much more sense for him to be kingmaking Hero. Well then, I guess I have 9 tokens left to get rid of him... and preferably everyone else as well. Or just spam auguries every turn. Also, he's been stocking up on a fuckton of legions lately o_ó

I think It might be a good idea to keep those demonic premonitions up indefinitely.

solium0379.jpg

I will be guaranteed to be first.

solium0380.jpg

solium0381.jpg

New legion.

DING DING, TURN 47

solium0382.jpg

solium0383.jpg

Alex got enough manuscripts to at least go out with a bang and fuck everyone in the arse with a -2 charisma debuff. Except for deso, because his theatre of sloth makes him immune to attribute damage.

Roxorowicz said:
47. Now this is CERTAINLY AN INTERESTING TURN.

Alex assembled a -2 charisma machine. This is certainly uncool. Deso is trying to steal my lance, fuck you, you goddamned kingmaker.

Root x-com'd himself and might be unstoppable if he heads towards my stronghold. Not even the infernal cabal event will be enough to stop him if he assigns temeluchas to the gorgons. Ranged 14, infernal ballista, FUUUUUUUU. LET'S DELAY GETTING CHARISMA BACK TO 2 AND TRY TO NUKE THOSE FUCKING GORGONS

this is pretty bad.

solium0384.jpg

The Gorgons were 3 turns away from my stronghold

solium0385.jpg

Fortunately, I had this event in hand to nuke them effortlessly.

The Gorgons have a pitiful loyalty of 2, which means they roll d6+2 against 7. Pretty high chances of getting kicked.

solium0386.jpg

solium0387.jpg

My legion of doom, in the meantime, will secure Alex's dungeon heart. No remorse.

solium0388.jpg

And I'll have to concede to Hero's stupid demand.

solium0389.jpg

DING DING, TURN 48

solium0390.jpg

solium0391.jpg

Wait, what do you mean 'you increased charisma to 2'?

Desperate Roxorowicz said:
48. Turns out I uploaded wrong turn... Instead of using the event I raised charisma to 2. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Fortunately, I have enough resources now to use the infernal cabal and I PRAY TO GOD THOSE GORGONS WILL GET NUKED BECAUSE THEY ARE HEADING STRAIGHT TOWARDS ME.

There goes my last darkness to disrupt his movement.

solium0392.jpg

^ Confusion on the gorgons to keep them in place and buy time.

solium0393.jpg

And finally the nuking event.

solium0394.jpg

Meanwhile, Hero managed to draw the 'black ring' event. His main legion got a MASSIVE promotion, and has basically become nigh-unstoppable. Even the gorgons would have trouble with that shit. He is also approaching Root's HQ at blinding speed.

DING DING, TURN 49

solium0396.jpg

solium0397.jpg

Rox said:
49. By god, the event didn't work, but at least the legion movement did. This bought me some time. Now let's fucking hope Hero is not a tard and knocks root out of the game or I'm toast. Unless I get to draw another event in 2 turns that will save my bacon.

AND OF COURSE MOTHERFUCKER DESO IS INSULTING ME, BE MORE OBVIOUS YOU SHITHEAD CUNT.

solium0398.jpg

Accepting Deso's insult.

solium0399.jpg

Hero is right at Root's threshold.

solium0400.jpg

The Gorgons have been pretty much stopped in place. First time in the game this shit was effective.

However, right here you can see one of the many instances the obscure game mechanics of Solium Infernum have totally fucked me in the arse. I used the Infernal Cabal event to nuke the Gorgons - turns out it had no effect because Root was already x-com'd.

WELL, I WISH THE EVENT WOULD STATE THAT IN ITS DESCRIPTION

solium0401.jpg

Moving main legion to guard the HQ

solium0402.jpg

And the Burning Legion as a meatshield to provide buffer and assistance.

Meanwhile, what does Root have to say about this?

Root said:
turn 40something -

I had the gorgons. I had the infernal eye, which would protect me from roxor's deceitful ways. but alas,
hero is retarded and I won't have time to use my writ of rescindment to save myself. It's np tho, he probably hasn't
realized roxor is 2 turns away from his stronghold. All this for a couple of manuscripts I didn't even steal. l0l

oops?

TURN 50

solium0403.jpg

solium0404.jpg

Wait what

solium0405.jpg

Herostratus had the first move that turn. He could have knocked out Root's HQ without any trouble whatsoever. But he decided to spend his first action on arming his legion with the infernal monster truck, instead of advancing towards certain victory.

This gave Root a free 1st move, in which he used the 'writ of rescindment' event that undid his excommunicated status. A hefty salute and a long round of applause to your incompetence, Herostratus.

Rootokun said:
turn who gives a shit -

L0L

roxor has some deceit, at least.

Meanwhile,

solium0406.jpg

Roxor said:
50. Hero was a maximal fucking retard and root managed to use an un-x-coming event before his stronghold got wrecked. However, I am now in perfect position to scorch the earth. And I think it's time to fucking do this.

Time for plan B. Gonna get a meatshield to protect my HQ and rush my personal guard to knock out hero. Then we'll see about deso and root. Alea iacta est.

solium0408.jpg

The meatshield I bid on.

solium0407.jpg

Also, Root didn't pay the Gorgons' upkeep, so they headed back to the bazaar. I was contemplating waiting for a few turns to get resources and secure them for myself, but I realised an opportunity as clear as this might not present itself again.

It was also pretty late at that time and my brian was working on a bit lower rotations.

solium0410.jpg

solium0411.jpg

Launching an offensive ritual at the Pandemonium would have me excommunicated next turn.

solium0413.jpg

Oh hey, and what do you know, the stealer of Temeluchas has revealed himself.

solium0412.jpg

Final standing for turn 50.

Roxorowski said:
Alea iacta est

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
This lp is way more exciting now that I am not entirely sure what's gonna happen next.

Also, my excomming certainly inspired everyone else it seems :M

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Root laywered up in Hell!
It was extremely effective!

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Chapter X: Scorched Earth

DING DING, TURN 51

solium0414.jpg

I got excommunicated just as Herostratus was about to demand of me. R00fles!

Roxor said:
51. Great. Deso was even dumb enough to move his legion away. Let's march towards hero's turf. At turn 53 he'll be out of the game. Also, let's activate demonic premonitions. I'll be needing then. I sure hope the tribute gathering also works despite my x-com

solium0415.jpg

Here's Deso's stack of doom

solium0416.jpg

Setting up defences

solium0417.jpg

March, march, march.

solium0418.jpg

Oh hey, Root's legion has reformed... again. It is a force to be considered, alright.

Also,

solium0419.jpg

Given the excommunication, I can no longer access the bazaar. It is a pretty big inconvenience, but not the biggest one when it comes to x-coms. There's also the problem of never getting regent, and all tribute rolls having a 50% chance to fail.

DING DING, TURN 52

solium0420.jpg

Rox said:
52. Right, I resisted having Vassago snatched. That's great. Deso is running further away from my turf, wtf.
Keeping the premonitions up. Marching towards hero. More tribute. Unless hero just drew some instagib event, he can't stop me.

Demonic Premonitions has to be my favourite ritual in the game, btw. Very much completely invalidates cunning-based builds unless they are VERY powergamed.

solium0421.jpg

Hero desperately tries to defend his HQ with a praetor. Not exactly much he can do tho.

solium0422.jpg

Deso is... regrouping?

solium0423.jpg

CHAAARGE!!

solium0424.jpg

Herostratus's main superlegion is way too far to do anything.

DING DING, TURN 53

solium0425.jpg

solium0426.jpg

solium0427.jpg

One tribute roll failed. Another bribe resisted. Also managed to resist 'pain and punishment', which was pretty swell. Pain and Punishment is a very nasty ritual that removes all attachables from your legion. Which means I'd get effectively disarmed if I lost Vassago and the Lance of the Leper Dick. Still prob wouldn't be enough to stop the Norwegian's demise, though.

Also, fucking Hero sent like all his goddamned resources away in emissaries to Deso and Root. Asshole.

solium0428.jpg

The dungeon heart stood no chance.

53. Scorched earth. Hero is out. Now for the other two pawns. Now I just gotta wonder if it'll be better to strike at deso from the south or from the north. Prob from the north, using the burning legion to assist.

solium0429.jpg

^ The northern approach

solium0430.jpg

And the southern one.

All things considered, both approaches are very much ass. Going from the south had the benefit of less possible assists for his legions, but it would take much longer to get there. Those chokepoints and mountains are a total bitch to deal with.

DING DING, TURN 54

solium0431.jpg

solium0432.jpg

Faggots still attempting bribes, wololo. Also, 0 tribute. Also 2, gorgons.

54. Deso got the gorgons. That's a bit of a complication. Let's hope I can sow confusion and keep them in place while I get rid of his pawns.

Also, getting no resources whatsoever. This is very bad - if I can't keep up my demonic premonitions, I'm dead.

solium0433.jpg

Something I haven't realised before beginning the assault was that the Gorgons were sent away to the bazaar with the goddamned ballista on them when Root stopped paying their upkeep. This would prove to be very fatal as I was faced AGAIN with an unstoppable force.

solium0434.jpg

solium0435.jpg

Using last resources to set up premonitions.

solium0436.jpg

And trying to freeze Deso's legions in place.

solium0437.jpg

The Gorgons

solium0438.jpg

solium0439.jpg

And a bunch of other ones.

DING DING, TURN 55

solium0440.jpg

The confusion ritual obviously didn't work because that's just SI for you (the gorgons were rolling d6+2 against my d6+4... yeah) and Root was helping Deso like a bitch for whatever reason.

solium0441.jpg

The Gorgons started their relentless march towards my HQ.

55. Can't keep up the premonitions anymore. BAD. Time to bumrush his meatshields.

According to my calculations, I *SHOULD* be able to win this, unless those infernal sisters fuck me over.... But it's gonna be a close call. Everything will be disclosed in the next two turns. If I live through this one, I win.

^ this was actually a very bad miscalculation on my part that I blame on the time being around 2 am at the moment, which seriously fucked with my perceptions.

Let's look at the legions:

solium0442.jpg

My legion of doom with Burning Legion support.

solium0443.jpg

Reapers with Temeluchas - in theory they'd die without ever reaching the infernal phase.

solium0444.jpg

The Sisters of Mercy Flame. Unknown combat card, more ranged than me and just barely less melee. And 3487693467346 infernal + an artifact that doubles all infernal damage.

solium0445.jpg

Inconsequential support legion #1

solium0446.jpg

Inconsequential support legion #2

solium0447.jpg

So I would just go ahead and march into them, using the burning legion as support and hope for the best.

solium0449.jpg

But on the other hand, I didn't have much choice because the gorgons would have raped me in like 2-3 turns.

And the effects...

DING DING TURN 56

solium0450.jpg

solium0451.jpg

solium0452.jpg

Were less than satisfactory. But hey at least I got tribute, wololo

solium0453.jpg

The combat card that lowered my melee p much killed me. Without it I could hope to do enough melee damage to kill them outright with the Leper Lance +damage. But alas, I did not do any damage whatsoever, and then got raped in the arse by a massive infernal burst to the face.

Also, I thought I'd be rushing into the reapers, not the sisters, which gave them a lot of additional unforeseen support in stats. It wasn't a very cool thing.

56. Yup. Sisters of the flame got me. GG Deso.

In hindsight? If only I got the meketrex lash some time ago, I could just mountain walk straight into his HQ and he'd be able to do fuck-all about it. That is my biggest and only regret to sum up this game. If I also marched differently into his meatshields maybe the situation would have been much different... but it's so late now and I'm so fucking tired I can't think straight.

Oh well. 3rd place is still on the podium, and scorching the earth is always a good try.

solium0454.jpg

Lol gorgons

solium0455.jpg

Final look on the field after cannons fade.

DING DING TURN 57

solium0456.jpg

solium0457.jpg

solium0458.jpg

57. Gorgons right outside my place. Farewell cruel world.

And ultimately, my failure was the direct result of everyone else's horrible retardation-induced derps. If Alex hadn't nuked cheddar, I wouldn't have to worry about hero. If hero had KO'd root, I wouldn't have to worry about the gorgons, and root wouldn't spam deso with emissaries. If hero wasn't so blind to the fact that deso is a sock puppet, everything would have gone differently as well. Ffs.

I had a part in everything. Twice I destroyed the light and twice I failed. I left ruin behind me when I returned... But I also carried ruin with me

358qqep.jpg

I would like to add one more point to that litany of curses above, however. Except for all those, there was one more very major factor that completely fucked me in the arse.

And that was obscure game mechanics. Those pretty much sealed my defeat.

Remember that mass-legion-nuking event that I wanted to use on Root's gorgons but it didn't work because fuck you Darth Roxor? Imagine if I could use it now, if I knew it wouldn't work on Root. He had 5 legions fielded, all with very shitty loyalty scores. It could have very much obliterated his entire fighting force, or at least dispose of enough to make me win that engagement shown above. And that was not the first nor the last time I got buttfucked by this goddamned game, its opaqueness and unwritten rules.

DING DING, TURN 58

HORRIBRU DEFF AND DEFEHT

solium0459.jpg

solium0460.jpg

solium0461.jpg

BUT HEY ALL MY TRIBUTE ROLLS WORKED. R00FLES!

solium0462.jpg

Now my Dungeon Heart is giving Deso 3 prestige turn.

solium0463.jpg

Oh hey, Root is trying to do funky stuff with his op legion. He even assigned the bribed Valefar to it!

solium0464.jpg

Final standings as of this turn. Keep in mind I am actually not there with all my fat prestige.

And new stuff on the bazaar - now that I got kicked out of the game I can access it again as an observer at least.

solium0465.jpg

solium0466.jpg

The Sons of Typhon is another really great legion. Almost as good as the Gorgons.

solium0467.jpg

Last edited:
Coxxor suiciding at desos legion and accusing me of incompetence :roll:

Problem with this game is that the opponents aren't rational, you are butthurt-driven. Two people suicide just to bring me down.

Erebus

Arcane
Doesn't look good for root, unless he has some powerful rituals up his sleeves.

Interesting game, anyway. How long did it take ?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Interesting game, anyway. How long did it take ?

Less than two weeks. Started 10th January, ended 22nd.

There were many different factors and variables associated with my legion suiciding.

There were, however, 0 factors and variables present when you had 1st move and a legion that would kick the shit out of Root's HQ no matter what silly things happened with level rolls.

There were many different factors and variables associated with my legion suiciding.

There were, however, 0 factors and variables present when you had 1st move and a legion that would kick the shit out of Root's HQ no matter what silly things happened with level rolls.

All those variables barring the d3 were deterministic.

Incidentally the same thing as with roots HQ. In addition to that it was the writ, which was a variable out of the blue.

I dunno man, you sound like you think I somehow owed you to take out root, as if that had even mattered in the end... He wasn't the problem for me exactly.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Chapter XI: Best Laid Schemes of Mice and Men

DING DING, TURN 59

solium0468.jpg

Right. Unfortunately, the final updates of this LP will be a bit... frantic.

As you can see, my turn log is a bit scarce now that I got kicked out of the game (and it gets even better later), and I p. much have no more diaries remaining from anyone, so I'm left a bit blind. But I'll try to do my best to guess and recreate the following events!

solium0469.jpg

Deso's Gorgons are preparing to capture the pillar of skulls.

solium0470.jpg

While root's puny personal guard are chillin' around the Garden of Delights.

Can't see anything else happening in this turn, so

DING DING, TURN 60

solium0471.jpg

The Gorgons didn't cap the pillar, but got disarmed of the ballista.

solium0472.jpg

Which was put on Deso's personal guard.

Also, the sisters of the flame are below the Gorgons, and now Deso is encircling Root with like 3 legions. This could be messy :avatard:

solium0473.jpg

Also, someone must have got... something off the bazaar 'cause I don't remember this artifact being there. I sure wish I could have it earlier in the game, though.

DING DING, TURN 61

solium0474.jpg

The turn log just got even better.

solium0475.jpg

Also, given how Root got to be regent the second time this turn, it would appear Deso has excommunicated himself, and is about to blow up Root's HQ.

BUT WAIT, WHAT IS THIS?

solium0476.jpg

Further north, Deso's sisters of the flame got blown up by the sudden appearance of an Angelic Host.

solium0477.jpg

The Angelic Host is an event. When used, this superlegion of ultradoom will appear in a random place on the board to nuke a random legion, and will proceed on a killing sprees against other random (closest?) legions. As you can see, given the host's horrendously high stats and mobility (move 5, flying), it is almost unstoppable.

:avatard:

DING DING, TURN 62

where lots of shit I can't quite explain happens.

solium0479.jpg

First, the Gorgons disappeared from the map.

solium0480.jpg

Second, the Angelic Host got closer to Root's HQ...

and it seems Deso's personal guard with the ballista was nuked by... something.

solium0481.jpg

It wasn't the Host, though. From the looks of it, it's somehow managed to actually suicide against Root's HQ, given its lowered hp. How? Don't fucking ask me because I simply don't know. Root must have used some very successful ritual (deceit or destruction to remove the ballista?) or the HQ got a VERY lucky +roll to ranged, or both.

As it is, however, Deso's armada is very much in shreds.

solium0482.jpg

Oh, turns out Deso just didn't pay the Gorgons' upkeep, so they headed back to the bazaar.

DING DING, TURN 63

solium0483.jpg

The Angelic Host has very much slaughtered Root's personal guard, along with the praetor Valefar.

Not much else to be reported, so

HUE HUE, TURN 64

solium0484.jpg

The Angelic Host has ended its killing spree, earning an easy double kill, and returned to heavan.

solium0485.jpg

Meanwhile, Deso is moving his two remaining legions towards Root's dungeon heart. Those are the crimson reapers, which for some reason don't have Temeluchas assigned to them anymore

solium0486.jpg

And the plague bearers, who are very much total ass.

DING DING, TURN 65

solium0487.jpg

The turn log is as exciting as ever.

solium0488.jpg

Uh-oh, Root got the Sons of Typhon.

solium0489.jpg

Powerful in combat, sure, but the 1 movevement speed and the upkeep are a major bitch.

solium0490.jpg

The sons were replaced by this in the bazaar. Not exactly a worthy replacement.

solium0491.jpg

But hey, Deso's personal guard has reformed!

DING DING, TURN 66

solium0493.jpg

ho boy

Root uses summon creature: VI

He bought the Vile Apostates

solium0494.jpg

solium0498.jpg

solium0495.jpg

And his puny personal guard reformed.

solium0496.jpg

New legion on the bazaar.

solium0497.jpg

And the final standing for turn 66. Not like it matters anyway because prestige doesn't do shit for x-com'd people.

So it would appear Deso currently has 2 supershit/1 mediocre legions against root's 1 megashit/1 mediocre/1 HORRIBLERAPELEGION.

I sure am curious what happens next

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Chapter XII: The Throne of Hell

DING DING, TURN 67

solium0499.jpg

Best turn log

solium0500.jpg

The situation on the front looks pretty intredasting. Root assigned Focalor to his vile apostates.

solium0501.jpg

And aided by the puny bodyguards, they will face

solium0502.jpg

Deso's slaves

solium0503.jpg

And the plague bearers with a mysterious combat card

solium0504.jpg

While the crimson reapers head in from the south.

Root said:
67 - bin ich ein gott?

DING DING, TURN 68

solium0505.jpg

mofo stuff happened.

See that fissure? Root must have assumed the reapers would head in north or something and tried to bomb their arses with it. Instead of bombing, you know, the two legions that were stopping him from getting some serious advantage of numbers. Especially since x-com'd folks can't get new legions, it would srsly fuck deso up.

As you can also see, the Vile Apostates have very much vanished from the map, suicided against the Plague Bearers, whose mysterious combat card must have reduced the Apostates infernal stat to rubble, given how they took no damage at all from the combat.

DING DING, TURN 69

solium0506.jpg

Root's chosen fall back to the HQ. If not for those massively fat Sons of Typhon, his situation would look really damn desperate right now.

It still doesn't look good, however.

DING DING, TURN 70

solium0507.jpg

Root bought a new meatshield legion, the Abyssal Striders.

solium0508.jpg

Meanwhile Deso put his slaves closer to Root's Dungeon Heart.

solium0510.jpg

And a new legion appeared on the bazaar.

DING DING, TURN 71

solium0511.jpg

Root's made a valiant breakthrough with the abyssal striders.

solium0512.jpg

He armed them with the dreaded hellfeuer ballista, but they still almost died in the process, as Deso's slaves had a Mysterious Combat Card (TM) that must have seriously fucked their stats. Although Deso's slaves barely survived as well.

DING DING, TURN 72

solium0513.jpg

Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit.

Using his inherent regently first move, and the Striders' supah high movement speed (3), Root's making a desperate last run towards Deso's stronghold, hoping to bomb the shit out of it with the ballista.

Rootokun said:
72 - the last gambit.

But... can he succeed? :avatard:

solium0514.jpg

If the Stronghold doesn't get a massive boost to its ranged attribute from level advantage, it is very much fried, however.

Should the striders not nuke the HQ in the ranged phase, they are fucked. And to nuke it, they'd need to do 11 damage during the phase, which means a double from 6. They currently have 8 ranged, the HQ has 1. Level advantage gives +d3 to a random stat. If Deso's stronghold gets as much as +2 to its ranged attribute, root is toast.

:kingcomrade:

DING DING, TURN 73

solium0515.jpg

Well,

Rawt said:
73 - I have won. His combat advantage was +1 to meelee.

It seems Lady Luck was smilin' on Root that day.

solium0516.jpg

The Striders took no damage and claimed the stronghold in a single swift barrage.

solium0517.jpg

Deso's legions have dispersed, banished to the abyss along with their heretic master.

solium0518.jpg

Although Root still got a new meatshield for his stronghold just in case.

And well, to conclude.

solium0522.jpg

HAIL CAESAR, THE ETERNAL LORD OF HELL, WHO HATH VANQUISHED HIS ENEMIES AND REMAINS THE ONLY ARCHFIEND FIT FOR THE DUTY OF SATAN :necro:

That fancy hellish screen pops up when the game ends. That screen actually didn't pop up this very game because the conclave still had to draw 2 tokens for it to end, but there was not much point to just process Root's single turns until it did, so I had to borrow from another game :troll:

Let us reminisce of the entire cast.

solium0005.jpg

Jaedar the Vile, the first to get booted from the game, nuked by a treacherous infernal affliction by Alex, and then mercykilled by Roxorowicz in turn 41.

solium0003.jpg

Alexoi, Hell's first pacifist, who only wanted everyone to have friendly fun. Excommunicated by the remaining butthurt archfiends and eliminated by Roxorowski in turn 48.

solium0002.jpg

King Herold V, an aspiring contender to the throne who unfortunately couldn't keep his stronghold under guard. Bumrushed by Roxorus in turn 53 (KILLING SPREE).

solium0004.jpg

Roxette, a foul heretic with the highest kill count in hell whose only regret is his opponents were dumb enough to spell his doom (he also fails at math). Outgunned and Outnumbered by Deso in turn 58.

solium0001.jpg

Devil Deso, another foul heretic who survived long enough, but couldn't even blitz a guy with just 1 3/0/0 legion at his disposal. Groriously outmanoeuvred by Root in turn 73.

solium0006.jpg

Caesar, the eternal underdog emerged king. Who the hell expected that.

That's it, thanks for readan, the end...

...or is it?

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Now I only have to wonder if I should LP the game that followed.

It was seriously derpy though, especially at the end, and I dunno if even the good kind of derpy :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom