Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

In Progress I Want to Be a Viking! Let's Play Heimdall - On Amiga

Discussion in 'Codex Playground' started by Ivar the Boner, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Ivar the Boner Arcane

Ivar the Boner
    bump for next page

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Ivar the Boner Arcane

Ivar the Boner
    Midgard update 7

In which we return to first island to give hemlock to druid.

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

Aeigr and wizard gave Heimdall some food rations and it restored his health almost all the way up. Now we will manage our inventory a little bit (leaving useless items with guys who stay at the shpi) and we are ready to give hemlock to junkie.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And we are back at the first island. We took warrior and blacksmith with us this time. Now let's give hemlock herb to junkie.

[​IMG]

It looks like enemies respawn in this game. Oh, well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Their loot also respawns... And my crew is not eating any rations while we sail so manual is full of shit and there is opportunity to grind...

[​IMG]

We had to use key again. It's nice thing we have a lot of them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let's give him hemlock.

[​IMG]

You are welcome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If it's trapped I'm going to fucking kill you...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's the secret exit.

[​IMG]

Inside the chest was runic sword, scroll we can't decipher and a key.

[​IMG]

Let's backtrack a little bit.

[​IMG]

This thing is teasing me. I tried detect trap, disarm trap and detect secret doors on it to no effect.

[​IMG]

But descension scroll worked!

[​IMG]

Well, it's pretty. And Heimdall will be able to sleep at night now when he got it finally.

[​IMG]

Ok, let's check hemlock junkie's secret doors.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

... what was the fucking point of that?

[​IMG]

Whatever...

[​IMG]

We can't go to other islands from here. We have to go to island 3 first.

[​IMG]

We actually disermbarked. Then killed few monsters and collected some crap (food and restore scrolls mostly) but I decided not to use any of our resources (detect secret doors and such).

[​IMG]

So that's how we look like with XP after some grinding. It may seem that we gained a lot of experience but it's not enough to even advance us to level 2. We also gained 1 or 2 disarm traps scroll and another adamant axe for Aeigr.

In next episode we shall actually acomplish something!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Ivar the Boner Arcane

Ivar the Boner
    Midgard update 8

In which we visith fourth island.

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

Ok, we gained some experience and much needed resources. Now it's the time to continue our quest.

[​IMG]

The tiny one, please.

[​IMG]

Creepy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sneaky bastard!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bastard had a lot of hitpoints but did little damage. He had scroll of dexterity (which we discarded), scroll of detect secret doors (which we used and there are no secret doors here) and a pouch with 10 gold coins.

[​IMG]

Let's take a look around this room.

[​IMG]

Let's step at this pressure plate.

[​IMG]

We stepped on it and then fall into a pit trap. I left all my detect traps on the ship goddamit!

[​IMG]

But at least this way is now open.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then we fell into more pit traps.

[​IMG]

Avoided arrow trap and took scroll of disarm trap and some food from the chest. Chest was trapped but we opened it with Ornr the Wizard so no biggie. Now let's go back to main room.

[​IMG]

dagnabbit!

[​IMG]

We removed pits with disarm trap scrolls and now we can continue our journey.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

disarm trap and restore health scrolls were laying on the floor.

[​IMG]

Draugr guarding a donut.

[​IMG]

While I was fucking around third island I found out that best strategy to deal with those guys is to just spam attacks. They sometimes open up with three very fast hits so it's good idea to prepare to block them at the beggining of the fight and then just spam attack. It doesn't work with orcs though.

[​IMG]

Heimdall went viking on his ass. Draugr had no treasure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Goddamn sneaky spiders!

[​IMG]

He had food and a charm.

[​IMG]

I had absolutely no idea what it does and manual to this game is useless (it has nice short comic book though).

[​IMG]

Let's continue.

[​IMG]

Yeah, I catched Ornr falling into pit trap!

[​IMG]

Missed it this time though.

[​IMG]

Another power rune, I think they will eventually come into play. Ok, let's go back.

[​IMG]

Goddamit...

[​IMG]

I just healed him!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OK, we need to use Aeigr now because Ornr is barely standing because all those pit traps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We picked up ruby key and now we have to go back to one of the first rooms with bear trap.

[​IMG]

Here, we didn't checked this exit.

[​IMG]

Looks like a job for Heimdall!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bugger was quite tough. He had food ration, silver key and a scroll we can't decipher.

[​IMG]

Now let's fall into some pit traps!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I thought about trying to use it but it might be quest item.

[​IMG]

And then we fall into three fucking pit traps. And opened chest (which was of course traped) which had invunlenrability scroll. And that's it for this island. Let's go back to the ship.

[​IMG]

In next episode we shall visit another island and throw away some stuff because we are completly out of inventory space.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Ivar the Boner Arcane

Ivar the Boner
    Midgard update 9

In which we visit fifth island, do some shopping and drink some holy wine.

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

Well, I couldn't help myself and just told Heimdall to drink this magic potion. It raised his strenght by 5 points. I also discarded couple of disarm traps scrolls because we are seriously out of inventory space.

[​IMG]

Ok, it's time to continue.

[​IMG]

We disembark with Heimdall, Aegir the warrior and Ormr the Wizard.

[​IMG]

Pressure plates straight from the start. I have bad feelings about this... Oh and detect traps scrolls? yeah, I left those on the ship... again, goddamit.

[​IMG]

I decided to step on the first pressure plate because it's proximity to the exit makes it harder to step on. And we didn't died horribly so maybe it was a good choice, or maybe not.

[​IMG]

Now we will move around with Aigr.

[​IMG]

Chest was trapped and contained Ice shard scroll which we discarded because it's not viking at all.

[​IMG]

Here's another one.

[​IMG]

This one was also trapped. We have found scroll we can't yet decipher in it.

[​IMG]

There's nothing more here (I cast detect secret doors in every room we visit) so let's continue.

[​IMG]

Draugr-Ghoul-Undead thingy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Because I forgot to give silver dagger to Ormr the Wizard we were forced to use it. Adamnt axe icon moved to far away from "attack" button to use it. Actually, silver dagger does whole crapton of damage and Ghoul went down quickly.

[​IMG]

But he had no treasure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chest was not trapped (that's new!) but contained only Runic Axe which we decided not to take because we have better weapons.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Outside world!

[​IMG]

Orc asked us to pay him one silver coin to enter (I forgot to take screenshot of this for some reason) and we agreed because we happen to have two silver coins (we also had option to fight him).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you, I will.

[​IMG]

Our first shop!

[​IMG]

I decided to sell circlet.

[​IMG]

And a ring.

[​IMG]

And buy one ration of food (he didn't have more) and potion of strenght.

[​IMG]

And now we have 809 gold coins.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Potion raised Heimdall's strenght to 60. Also, "charm" we found earlier raises dexterity by 5 while you keep it in your inventory.

[​IMG]

Let's take a look around.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We can't enter this house. Apparently it's only a model.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More caves, time to switch to Aeigr.

[​IMG]

Detect traps scroll and another one which we could not decipher.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The he shall die by Heimdall's sword dagger!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He only had runic axe. And runic axes are on the list of items we do not bother to pick-up anymore.

[​IMG]

Let's continue.

[​IMG]

Have at you!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Son of a bitch was tough as nails and killed me 4 times. I finally managed to barely beat him when I switched to adamant axe.

[​IMG]

A bit of self advertising never killed anyone.

[​IMG]

Killing guardian gave us enough experience to advance Heimdall to level 2, nice!

[​IMG]

Sure, drinking for chalice standing on evil altar guarded by undead seems like a great idea, so why not?

[​IMG]

*BELCH* You are welcome...

[​IMG]

Could be useful. Ok so that's it for this episode. In next one we shall se if Heimdall, now level 2, is capable of decipher scrolls he previously couldn't. And then we shall return to the ship, bring some useless junk with us and sell it here. Then we shall continue our quest.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Ivar the Boner Arcane

Ivar the Boner
    I lowered quality of screenshots so update now "weight" 2 MB instead of fucking 20 mb. To be honest I don't see much difference in quality of pictures and now page with updates should load faster. But if you see difference in quality just let me know.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    I didn't catch any difference. :salute:

^ Top  
  7. Ivar the Boner Arcane

Ivar the Boner
    Thank you kind sir, you won an update!

Midgard update 10

In which we leave fifth island and travel to another one.

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

I went back to get some junk from the ship and then sold it in shop on this island. Unfortunately shop does not replenish its stock so now we have 2494 gold coins, and nothing to spend them on.

[​IMG]

We gained some experience by killing monsters that respawned here, and we also killed shop guard, you don't have to give him silver coins. Now Aeigr and Ormr are also level 2 but still freaking usless. Unfortunately we were able to decipher only 2 from many scroll we couldn't understand before. Both were "Call of Valhalla" scrolls which kill opponent instantly but does not work on every opponent... so we sold them.

[​IMG]

Now we can leave this island.

[​IMG]

And sail to another one.

[​IMG]

Exactly same island raping squad, Heimdall, Ormr and Aiegr.

[​IMG]

Another overland one, interesting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sure, we are rich.

[​IMG]

Oh, Ormr have all our gold.

[​IMG]

Let's just kill this dude.

[​IMG]

He should let Heimdall pass. He had nothing worth our while.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice house, but we can't enter it.

[​IMG]

Ormr have found extra healing scroll inside trapped chest. Better than regular one, but still worse than food rations.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally "enterable" house, and we are greeted by angry orc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This guy died after only two hits, but we didn't find any treasure.

[​IMG]

Now after we killed inhabitants, let's loot this house, because that's viking!

[​IMG]

We found power rune scroll and pouch with 100 gold coins. After collecting our Danegeld we can continue exploring this island.

[​IMG]

Dead end.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's new.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's pretty obvious what we have to do here. But we left our druid on the ship. In case we will have to do both "ways", let's go back for Olaf.

[​IMG]

Ok, we are back but we brought Olaf with us this time. We are going to do "Way of the Warrior" first. Using Aeigr since Heimdall is "Chieftain". So, let's step into the portal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We entered the portal with Aiegr but still Heimdall will do all the fighting.

[​IMG]

Draugr had no treasure.

[​IMG]

Now, let's take a look around.

[​IMG]

Amazingly, this chest was not trapped and we have found "Call of Valhalla" scroll in it. We took it becasue those are worth 150 gold coins.

[​IMG]

This one was trapped though. It contained one food ration and scroll we can't decipher. I'm REALLY tempted to grind more XP for Heimdall so we can finally se what those scrolls are. And throw them away because they are taking a lot of our inventory space.

[​IMG]

Let's keep moving.

[​IMG]

More fighting!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dude was quite tough, but nothing Heimdall could not handle. We have found another adamant axe and one food ration.

[​IMG]

And now let's take a look at those chests.

[​IMG]

Oh, it's only one chest this time.

[​IMG]

It contained another dexterity charm which effect do stack with charm we already have but we don't have enough inventory space to carry both so we discarded it. We also have found raise dexterity scroll which we also discarded because it lasts only moment and I'm not fan of temporary boosts. And finally, invisibility scroll which reduces chance of being hit during combat, it's useless since we have invulerability scroll.

[​IMG]

We will take food though, food is nice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For a moment I thought we are back at the village but this place looks different.

[​IMG]

Let's talk to this guy.

[​IMG]

Shit, we left out pass at the ship.

[​IMG]

Yeah, let's try it.

[​IMG]

Dude had tons of hitpoints and did a lot of damage (he hit Heimdall only once and look at his health now) but we managed to beat him.

[​IMG]

He had no treasure though. Let's check this house.

[​IMG]

It's another shop.

[​IMG]

We will sell one adamant axe because we don't need three of those. And let's take a look what this shop has to offer.

[​IMG]

Not interested.

[​IMG]

Nah, Heimdall eats giants for breakfast.

[​IMG]

And we don't know what this is so we won't buy it either. We bought some food though, and it seems that this shop has infinite amount of food which is fucking great and now we have something to do with our money.

[​IMG]

Ok, now let's take a look around.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pit trap, and not much besides it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yeah, I think we are done here.

[​IMG]

Ok, now I will sell all our usless junk off screen and check this Way of the Druid but I'm pretty goddamn sure it leads to the same place. In next episode we will travel to yet another island and continue our search for weapons of the gods.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Ivar the Boner Arcane

Ivar the Boner
    Midgard update 11

Island nr 7, potion of runelore and mysterious diamond of mystery.

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

I spend some time grinding to gain enough experience for Heimdall to level up. He's level 3 now and he was able to decipher some of our mystery scrolls. Most of them were Heal All scrolls, so they should be very useful. There was also one Ressurection scroll which also can be useful if I ever decide to stop being cheap by using savestates. We still have one mystery scroll though. Also, "Druid Way" leads exactly to same place as "Warriors Way" and we found another strenght potion so Heimdall is now at whooping 76 str.

[​IMG]

It's time to move on.

[​IMG]

Same squad as always. Navigator, blacksmith and druid are just pack-mules.

[​IMG]

That's looks nice. Let's take a look around using Aeigr.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trapped chest with food, raise str scroll and weak restore scroll.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let's go south first.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chest with key and shard of ice scroll. Nothing more in this room. Let's go back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Doors look different than others but we managed to open them with regular key.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Curse Foe scroll, I'm really not interested in cursing my foes.

[​IMG]

Let's check this room before we go any further.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Crap.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice, it raised Heimdall's runelore by 5 points. Ok, nothing more here so let's go back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

South first.

[​IMG]

Pouch with 10 gold coins. Nothing to write home about but still nice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pouch with 100 gold coins this time. That's more like it.

[​IMG]

And our regular keys don't work this time.

[​IMG]

We had to use silver one.

[​IMG]

This island supposed to be small goddamit!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We found useless Giant Strike scroll and a Stone Axe. According to 8th Day axes made of stone are better than the metal ones. Well, we will give our adamant axe to Aeigr for now and then sell it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10 gold coins.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't know whats that for but since description didn't said it's useless (it's said so about sapphire) we will keep it.

[​IMG]

And that's it for this island. Let's go back to the ship.

[​IMG]

Yes, I do.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Boost from potion allowed Heimdall to decipher our last mystery scroll. We are going to sell it. If it turns out that we need it, we will buy it back. We are fucking rich, man!
    Ok, I will sell our crap now and in next episode we will continue our quest.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Ivar the Boner Arcane

Ivar the Boner
    Midgard update 12

Labyrinth Island... sort of.

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

We sold most of our scrolls, leaving only healing ones and detect traps/doors and disarm traps scrolls. We are now rich and ready to continue looking for lost weapons.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Disembark!

[​IMG]

Every island we visit looks different. That's quite amazing to be honest.

[​IMG]

Let's check the chest first before we approach this dude.

[​IMG]

Regular axe and weak restore health scroll. Heya! It's me, Imoen!

[​IMG]

He didn't belived us. Dude looks evil but to be honest our navigator - Jarmes, also looks damn evil.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Take that!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It may not be obvious from screenshots, but he got tons of health and his attacks done a lot of damage. Bastard almost killed us.

[​IMG]

He got useless circlet, a key and potion of runelore.

[​IMG]

And after using it, Heimdall have runelore of 72.

[​IMG]

Let's continue. And no more sorcerers please.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let me guess, spiders?

[​IMG]

Yup.

[​IMG]

He had regular axe and food.

[​IMG]

We cant move through that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some food, that's always nice.

[​IMG]

And a regular key.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's not a spider this time.

[​IMG]

He beat us up a little but fortunately we have a lot of food. He dropped a key and food ration.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I tried to use Disarm Traps on it but nothing happend so I guess it's just a decoration.

[​IMG]

Doors that required silver key to open.

[​IMG]

Ready to fall into some pit traps Aeigr?

[​IMG]

Told ya.

[​IMG]

We picked up silver key that was laying on the ground.

[​IMG]

And regular key was enough to open these doors.

[​IMG]

What in hell?

[​IMG]

Heimdall CAN pass, matey.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He had no treasure.

[​IMG]

We healed ourselves up a little so let's continue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Golden key.

[​IMG]

This map looks like labirynth, but not very complicated one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More food for hungry, hungry vikings.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 pouches gave us 310 gold coins.

[​IMG]

And another power rune. I tried to use them, cast them and even eat them but nothing works so I guess they are needed for some quest.

[​IMG]

Inside a chest Aeigr found golden key and pouch with 10 gold coins. Ok, let's go back.

[​IMG]

Let's go north.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We have to do this fight right because we are running out of healing stuff.

[​IMG]

Fortunately Heimdall managed to smash this guy without getting hit.

[​IMG]

He had no treasure but now we can loot his chest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shieeeet... Ok, it looks like that's it for this island. Let's go back to the ship.

[​IMG]

Yes.

[​IMG]

So that was island number eight. We are pretty good on supplies so we don't have to do any shopping. Next time, we shall continue our journey.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Ivar the Boner Arcane

Ivar the Boner
    Midgard update 13

Puzzle tree island.

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

I don't think we need to do any shopping, we could use some detect traps scrolls but I can't by arsed to go back to shop island to buy them. So, let's just continue and hope for the best.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one, please.

[​IMG]

Grab yer viking hats boys! Disembark!

[​IMG]

This one looks like "Way of the Warrior" part of "market island".

[​IMG]

Bad omen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok, this will be complicated one eh? It's good that I make LP of this so I can just look at screenshots and see where we already been. Ok, let's start by picking up this donut.

[​IMG]

And then go south.

[​IMG]

Aeigr inform us that he spotted and orc, in old norse of course.

[​IMG]

Heimdall CAN and WILL pass, matey.

[​IMG]

Ok, this dude raped me 4 times.

[​IMG]

I finally managed to beat him by spamming attacks.

[​IMG]

He dropped food, scroll we can't decipher and Call of Valhalla spell which we took in case there are more tough guys like him on this damn island.

[​IMG]

We healed Heimdall and we are ready to continue.

[​IMG]

We will go west from here. And that's what I mean by west. I don't know if those are real directions because isometric view confused the shit out of me when it comes to north/west etc stuff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We won't run. It's just a spider.

[​IMG]

It was very educated spider. He dropped two scrolls, one ice shard (discarded) and restore all scroll which is not as useful as it sounds but we took it anyway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pit trap.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We found runesword (discarded), jade key and runestone.

[​IMG]

We will try to eat it after we leave this island. But for now let's wizard keep it. Let's go back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Crap, another orc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one wasn't as bad! he killed us only two times! how the hell people are plying it without savestates man? He dropped "Crystal Sword".

[​IMG]

Swords has 1 more base damage than axes so I think it's better than our stone axe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok... a freaking puzzle and I don't understand much of it. A stone? diamond maybe... or rune stone. But a star? buggered if I know. Let's leave it alone for now.

[​IMG]

We are back at first orc crossroads. Let's go east.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Potion of strenght.

[​IMG]

Maybe effects of potions are only temporary? I'm pretty sure Heimdall had 76 str at some point (and this potion raised our strenght from 70 to 75).

[​IMG]

Whatever. Let's go back west and north.

[​IMG]

We were here already but we didn't checked northern exit from here.

[​IMG]

Stuntie?

[​IMG]

Yup, a stuntie.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He didn't killed us, but was pretty damn close. He dropped a scroll.

[​IMG]

Another one of those.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Food and 10 gold coins.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We haven't checked eastern exit from here.

[​IMG]

Ok, we can't go east. So that's it for this island.

[​IMG]

We could play around with puzzle tree but we don't have anything that looks like star... or tender. So, we will come back here when we find something like that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We are still quite good on supplies so no shopping needed. In next episode we shall visit other islands and hopefully find something star-like.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. Ivar the Boner Arcane

Ivar the Boner
    Midgard update 14

We should brought a fucking thief with picklock skill with us!

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

We didn't acomplished much on last island because I don't think we have right items to do anything there. So, let's sail some more and see what we will be able to find.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I tried to go to island in the north eastern edge of the map but we can't go there from here.

[​IMG]

So let's visit this one instead.

[​IMG]

Yes.

[​IMG]

This island looks unique.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It looks like we have to fight.

[​IMG]

It's a job for Heimdall!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He dropped regular sword.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trapped chest with fire scroll and deterity charm. We discarded both.

[​IMG]

Let's continue east.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nothing here but those doors. Regular key opened them.

[​IMG]

I hope we won't have to fight both of them at once.

[​IMG]

I stopped being cocky after last island so I don't have any response for this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He had another dex charm. We discarded it since it does not raise our dexterity any more.

[​IMG]

Ok, now it's Draugr's turn.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one had no treasure. Oh well, at least it gave us some experience points.

[​IMG]

Let's leave those pretty doors alone for now and continue going east.

[​IMG]

Aeigr opened the doors with regular key.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one was slightly tougher than the last one. He dropped food, extra healing scroll (we used it to heal Heimdall) combat invisibility scroll (discarded) and most importantly - silver key. We can't buy keys so if we run out of them we will have to grind to get more. So it's always nice to find keys.

[​IMG]

Let's continue east.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pressure plates and doors.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

None of our keys fits the locks on doors. We stepped on all three pressure plates and now let's go north.

[​IMG]

More pressure plates.

[​IMG]

We stepped on both of them.

[​IMG]

Way south leads back to room with closed doors.

[​IMG]

We went back and I think the game bork.

[​IMG]

WEEEE!

[​IMG]

Ok I reloaded and everything seems fine now. The doors are still locked so it might be some convoluted multi-room pressure plate puzzle. I will deal with it later, now let's go back to pretty doors.

[​IMG]

We managed to open them with gold key.

[​IMG]

Sure!

[​IMG]

It kinda looks like star... if you really want it to look like star. Well we'll give it to the wizard for now. For safekeeping.

Ok, We haven't explored everything near the entrance so let's go back. Because I really don't want to deal with this pressure plate puzzle now...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We used silver key to open those doors.

[​IMG]

And then we got attacked by spider as soon as we enterd this room. He dropped some food.

[​IMG]

And now Heimdall is level 4, niceee.

[​IMG]

Let's check this potion.

[​IMG]

Another strenght potion. Those seems to be pretty common.

[​IMG]

It raised Heimdall's strenght to 90. He should be killing machine by now.

[​IMG]

Ok, now I will mess around those pressure plates BRB.

[​IMG]

I managed to open one door by randomly walking over pressure plates without any thought or strategy. Let's check what's behind them.

[​IMG]

Le Sorcerer.

[​IMG]

We will smack him with our sword until he drops.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He dropped food and power rune. I don't know what those damn power runes do and they cluster my inventory. I don't think they are quest item since monsters drop them (and monsters drop is random).

[​IMG]

I don't know. In inventory they are listed simply as a "scroll" but I can't seem to cast them or use them (or eat them...).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I stepped on this stone and it teleported me to some shop. Then I have to leave the island to exit shop so I reloaded. We are not done yet so let's not step on this thing.

[​IMG]

Unfortunately none of our keys fitted the lock on those doors. Also I was unable to open second door in pressure plates room so we are done here for now.

[​IMG]

Yup.

[​IMG]

So, we have something that resembles a star (if you REALLY want it to) and still two more islands to go. Next time we shall continue looking for items that will satisfy puzzle tree.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Ivar the Boner Arcane

Ivar the Boner
    Midgard update 15

Island of wizards with fetish for shrinking things and "solving" mystery of puzzle tree.

Show Spoiler

What? it's Icelandic... that's viking.

Ok now some gushing over how awesome savestates in WinUAE are. I keep custom settings for each game, sometimes simple stuff as different resolutions or custom keymapping. But I was playing some Towar Assault using AGA chipset and 1mb fast and slow ram instead of OCS/ECS and 512kb slow ram I use for any other game and I loaded savestate from Heimdall by mistake... And it worked. Everything was freaking fine and I could actually keep playing. Thing is, savestates only work for floppy games, you can't use them if you emulate hardrive and play games from it.

Now to the game:

[​IMG]

We have only two more islands to visit (in Midgard, there are two more worlds after this), one in the upper right edge of the screen and this tiny one right of us.

[​IMG]

Let's check out the tiny one.

[​IMG]

And now we disembark. Aeigr, Ormr and our hero! where is he? where is he?

[​IMG]

There he is! We are going to walk around as Heimdall because we didn't saw him in a long time and I missed his sprite to be honest.

[​IMG]

Ok, let's get moving.

[​IMG]

We have exit to the north.

[​IMG]

And another one to the east.

[​IMG]

Let's go north.

[​IMG]

Food, we have a lot of food but we'll take it anyway.

[​IMG]

Now let's go here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That was very stupid of you, mr spider.

[​IMG]

We killed him with two hits. He dropped a dagger which we absolutely don't need.

[​IMG]

Nothing in the north. Just a dead end.

[​IMG]

Let's go south then.

[​IMG]

Ok, looks like another fight. Everyone was bitching about combat in this game (and 8th Day changed it in the sequel, among other things) but I actually like combat in this game.

[​IMG]

That's new description. Let's see how ferocious this beast is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not ferocious enough. He dropped a scroll.

[​IMG]

No idea. But let's keep it.

[​IMG]

Let's explore some more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let Aeigr open it...

[​IMG]

It was trapped and contained plain ring and amethyst key.

[​IMG]

We are back in the room with pit traps. Let's see if we can cross them without casting disarm traps.

[​IMG]

Without any problems.

[​IMG]

I'm not buying your crap mate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Identify this!

[​IMG]

He dropped dexterity charm and dagger. We don't need any of those.

[​IMG]

He should just let us explore, man. It was all his fault.

[​IMG]

Restore all scroll. We used it because this spell is quite crappy to be honest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm getting lost.

[​IMG]

Son of a bitch.

[​IMG]

He dropped resurrection and restore scrolls and some food.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let's go west.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He droped jade key and detect secret doors scroll.

[​IMG]

Let's continue going west.

[​IMG]

We have already been here. We made a circle, let's go back.

[​IMG]

Let's go east this time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Silver coin and resurrection scroll. Let's take the northern exit.

[​IMG]

Who do you call Kenodpas old man?

[​IMG]

He made it clear already.

[​IMG]

He beat us up a little bit but he dropped some food so all is well (and some useless fire and curse scrolls).

[​IMG]

Another strenght potion.

[​IMG]

Now we are at 95, goddamn we are a beast!

[​IMG]

And that's it for this island. We are not missing any rooms (I think) and we found one unique item (shrinkin scroll). But that's not the end of this episode yet. We need to fuck around with puzzle tree first. There is only one island left and acess to it is blocked so some bullshit is probably involved. I will use every item we have on this tree and we shall se if something works.

[​IMG]

We used diamond on left branch, runestone on right branch...

[​IMG]

And silver coins in the middle one. If you try to use wrong item on wrong branch it simply refuses to do anything so you can do it by trial and error, just like me!

[​IMG]

I very much wish to do so.

[​IMG]

It didn't helped us to get to the last island but we now can kill sea serpents if we feel like it. Ok, let's get back to the ship.

[​IMG]

Ok, now this update is over. In next episode we will find a way to the last island and hopefully reach another world - Utgard. Because it don't seem like any godly weapon are hidden here in Midgard.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Ivar the Boner Arcane

Ivar the Boner
    Midgard update 16

Last island. Bridge keeper, "stne" key and Mjollnir.

Show Spoiler

Potato viking vibe this time...

[​IMG]

We must sail to this island. Unfortunately we can't do this from here.

[​IMG]

Apparently something is blocking our way and we have to find another way to reach last island.

[​IMG]

We will do something like this. Hopefully we can reach last island from island south of us.

[​IMG]

Either "consuming food while sailing" came into play for the first time. Or journey to the last island is simply very dangerous and long. We don't have much choice so we choose to sail anyway.

[​IMG]

Yes.

[​IMG]

Jormungand or some friend of his. I decided to take Serpent Killer scroll and all our power rune scrolls. Those are only unique items we have so we took them with us to the last island. Unfortunately we couldn't take much food with us because of this so we won't fight Jormungand. We will use Serpent Killer against him.

[​IMG]

We highlighted Serpent Killer scroll and now we have to simply cast it by cliking "spell" icon.

[​IMG]

It was very anti-climatic. Jormungand woul not go down that easily, fucking impostor! He didn't dropped anything.

[​IMG]

So this is the last island. Passage to Utgard or place where one of the gods weapon was hidden by giant Loki. There are three worlds in this game and three weapons were stolen, so it's just my guess. We shall go north first. I really hope that sea serpent does not respawn. We don't have that much healing scrolls/food so there is a chance we will have to exit this island to buy more resourcess and then come back here later.

[​IMG]

We must pass, matey. We don't have a choice. We are to far to fall back right now.

[​IMG]

TONS of hit points and dude is hitting like damn sledgehammer.

[​IMG]

We managed to kill him, he didn't dropped anything unfortunately. I was hoping for some food or healing scrolls.

[​IMG]

But at least way north is clear. Let's get moving.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For some reason Heimdall cannot remember what is his favorite colour...

[​IMG]

We do have 6 power runes. But not all of them have unique rune so I don't know... But, yeah we have them runes.

[​IMG]

Oh...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Stne Key" probably for doors we saw in first room.

[​IMG]

We found some food, that's great because we have only two shitty heal all scrolls.

[​IMG]

Let's go back to first room.

[​IMG]

Against my better judgement I decided to explore around by going south and ignoring doors for now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We blocked his first two strikes and then simply spammed attacks. He died but didn't drop anything.

[​IMG]

We healed Heimdall using food we found in room with bridge keeper.

[​IMG]

Big empty room. Let's see if there is anything in here.

[​IMG]

Pit traps. Let's switch to Aeigr.

[​IMG]

Another thing that looks like we could interact with it, but it's just a decoration.

[​IMG]

Then we made a few steps and got attacked by a spider.

[​IMG]

Spiders are weakest enemies so far. They attack slowly, do very little damage and die after two hits. He didn't dropped anything.

[​IMG]

Jade key, now we have three of those. I think that's it for this room, let's go back to the doors guarded by Draugr.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We shall see about that.

[​IMG]

We failed to block his first two attacks and then he beat us up a little more. Fortunately he didn't hit as hard as his friends did so we are alive. He didn't dropped anything and after healing Heimdall we are completely out of food and healing scrolls.

[​IMG]

We open this gate with Jade Key. So "stne" key is for something else then.

[​IMG]

Ok, this room just screams "TRAPS!" so let's switch to Aegir.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We got attacked by a spider and I tried to fight using Aegir but his sword icon is too fucking far away from attack button and it makes combat completely impossible.

[​IMG]

So we killed spider with Heimdall. He didn't dropped anything.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's not a spider this time...

[​IMG]

Fortunately, he was a wuss and he dropped food and heal all scroll. We used food to heal Heimdall so we should be fine for now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This time we got ambushed by draugr.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He didn't drop anything but killing him advanced Heimdall to level 5.

[​IMG]

Ok, we are done with this room. "stne" key opened those doors.

[​IMG]

Interesting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This chest was not trapped and contained food and mysterious scroll...

[​IMG]

Riiight...

[​IMG]

We wandered around this room for a while but there is nothing more here. We were about to get back to the ship when...

[​IMG]

Wait a minute! is that huge-ass fucking hammer?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First part of the quest is complete. We have found Thor's Hammer and I think this dude on the screen is Thor himself because Heimdall don't sport a horns on his helmet.

[​IMG]

And we reached next world - Utgard otherwise known as Jotunheim, world of Giants and original home of Loki (because Loki is not a fucking god for pete's sake, he's freaking giant accepted in Asgard by Odin. But every game, movie or comic book simply ignore this fact). In next episode we shall take a look around this world and see what's going on here.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Ivar the Boner Arcane

Ivar the Boner
    And that's it for the Midgard part of the game. And it also last update until we reach next page, because it started to be
    pain to load this page.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    In that case, on to the next page!

^ Top  
  16. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    If they are translated, you should read the danish Valhalla cartoons. In those, Loki is properly portrayed as one of the jotun that has had the "luck" of being adopted into Odin's household. The series holds quite true to the mythology. :salute:

^ Top  
  17. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    And I want to commend you on the update speed. I'm already 6 updates behind. But do carry on good Sir.:salute:

^ Top  
  18. Ivar the Boner Arcane

Ivar the Boner
    Thanks everyone, Heimdall is really fun game to play and very easy to upload since I lowered quality of pictures. I can't stop playing it but I could simply wait some time with posting updates. But what's done is done so I spammed a few too many.

I developed strange aversion to comic books for some reason, but I will take a look at it if Valhalla was translated to english. And everything I know about norse mythology I once read in polish book called "Heroje Północy" by Jerzy Ros (It's tricky to translate word "heroje", book title could probably be something like "Hero tales of the North" in english) so I don't know if those informations are reliable. It was actually pretty nice book with myth from Eddas and some more specific information about historical "vikings", mostly bashing use of term "viking" for 8 century Scandinavians, and horned helmets of course.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    I researched the comic a bit, and found out that while it seems it hasn't been translated into english, parts of it has been translated to Norwegian, Swedish, Icelandic, Føroyan, Finnish, German, Dutch, French, Indonesian and Russian..

^ Top  
  20. Kashmir Slippers Augur

Kashmir Slippers
    Bump.

Loving this LP.

^ Top  
  21. Nicebrain Novice Patron

Nicebrain
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
  22. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    Le Bump.

^ Top  
  23. JoKa Cipher

JoKa
    Bump for the bump god!

^ Top  
  24. Ivar the Boner Arcane

Ivar the Boner
    shameless self bump

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Ivar the Boner Arcane

Ivar the Boner
    another shameless self bump

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)