Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress I Want to Be a Viking! Let's Play Heimdall - On Amiga

bump for next page

Midgard update 7

In which we return to first island to give hemlock to druid.

1.jpg

Aeigr and wizard gave Heimdall some food rations and it restored his health almost all the way up. Now we will manage our inventory a little bit (leaving useless items with guys who stay at the shpi) and we are ready to give hemlock to junkie.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

And we are back at the first island. We took warrior and blacksmith with us this time. Now let's give hemlock herb to junkie.

5.jpg

It looks like enemies respawn in this game. Oh, well.

6.jpg

7.jpg

Their loot also respawns... And my crew is not eating any rations while we sail so manual is full of shit and there is opportunity to grind...

8.jpg

We had to use key again. It's nice thing we have a lot of them.

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Let's give him hemlock.

14.jpg

You are welcome.

15.jpg

16.jpg

If it's trapped I'm going to fucking kill you...

17.jpg

18.jpg

And here's the secret exit.

19.jpg

Inside the chest was runic sword, scroll we can't decipher and a key.

20.jpg

Let's backtrack a little bit.

21.jpg

This thing is teasing me. I tried detect trap, disarm trap and detect secret doors on it to no effect.

22.jpg

But descension scroll worked!

23.jpg

Well, it's pretty. And Heimdall will be able to sleep at night now when he got it finally.

24.jpg

Ok, let's check hemlock junkie's secret doors.

25.jpg

26.jpg

... what was the fucking point of that?

27.jpg

Whatever...

28.jpg

We can't go to other islands from here. We have to go to island 3 first.

29.jpg

We actually disermbarked. Then killed few monsters and collected some crap (food and restore scrolls mostly) but I decided not to use any of our resources (detect secret doors and such).

30.jpg

So that's how we look like with XP after some grinding. It may seem that we gained a lot of experience but it's not enough to even advance us to level 2. We also gained 1 or 2 disarm traps scroll and another adamant axe for Aeigr.

In next episode we shall actually acomplish something!

Midgard update 8

In which we visith fourth island.

1.jpg

Ok, we gained some experience and much needed resources. Now it's the time to continue our quest.

2.jpg

The tiny one, please.

3.jpg

Creepy.

4.jpg

5.jpg

Sneaky bastard!

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Bastard had a lot of hitpoints but did little damage. He had scroll of dexterity (which we discarded), scroll of detect secret doors (which we used and there are no secret doors here) and a pouch with 10 gold coins.

10.jpg

Let's take a look around this room.

11.jpg

Let's step at this pressure plate.

12.jpg

We stepped on it and then fall into a pit trap. I left all my detect traps on the ship goddamit!

13.jpg

But at least this way is now open.

14.jpg

15.jpg

Then we fell into more pit traps.

16.jpg

Avoided arrow trap and took scroll of disarm trap and some food from the chest. Chest was trapped but we opened it with Ornr the Wizard so no biggie. Now let's go back to main room.

17.jpg

dagnabbit!

18.jpg

We removed pits with disarm trap scrolls and now we can continue our journey.

19.jpg

20.jpg

disarm trap and restore health scrolls were laying on the floor.

21.jpg

Draugr guarding a donut.

22.jpg

While I was fucking around third island I found out that best strategy to deal with those guys is to just spam attacks. They sometimes open up with three very fast hits so it's good idea to prepare to block them at the beggining of the fight and then just spam attack. It doesn't work with orcs though.

23.jpg

Heimdall went viking on his ass. Draugr had no treasure.

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

Goddamn sneaky spiders!

28.jpg

He had food and a charm.

29.jpg

I had absolutely no idea what it does and manual to this game is useless (it has nice short comic book though).

30.jpg

Let's continue.

31.jpg

Yeah, I catched Ornr falling into pit trap!

32.jpg

Missed it this time though.

33.jpg

Another power rune, I think they will eventually come into play. Ok, let's go back.

34.jpg

Goddamit...

35.jpg

I just healed him!

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

OK, we need to use Aeigr now because Ornr is barely standing because all those pit traps.

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

We picked up ruby key and now we have to go back to one of the first rooms with bear trap.

43.jpg

Here, we didn't checked this exit.

44.jpg

Looks like a job for Heimdall!

45.jpg

46.jpg

Bugger was quite tough. He had food ration, silver key and a scroll we can't decipher.

47.jpg

Now let's fall into some pit traps!

48.jpg

49.jpg

50.jpg

I thought about trying to use it but it might be quest item.

51.jpg

And then we fall into three fucking pit traps. And opened chest (which was of course traped) which had invunlenrability scroll. And that's it for this island. Let's go back to the ship.

52.jpg

In next episode we shall visit another island and throw away some stuff because we are completly out of inventory space.

Midgard update 9

In which we visit fifth island, do some shopping and drink some holy wine.

1.jpg

Well, I couldn't help myself and just told Heimdall to drink this magic potion. It raised his strenght by 5 points. I also discarded couple of disarm traps scrolls because we are seriously out of inventory space.

2.jpg

Ok, it's time to continue.

3.jpg

We disembark with Heimdall, Aegir the warrior and Ormr the Wizard.

4.jpg

Pressure plates straight from the start. I have bad feelings about this... Oh and detect traps scrolls? yeah, I left those on the ship... again, goddamit.

5.jpg

I decided to step on the first pressure plate because it's proximity to the exit makes it harder to step on. And we didn't died horribly so maybe it was a good choice, or maybe not.

6.jpg

Now we will move around with Aigr.

7.jpg

Chest was trapped and contained Ice shard scroll which we discarded because it's not viking at all.

8.jpg

Here's another one.

9.jpg

This one was also trapped. We have found scroll we can't yet decipher in it.

10.jpg

There's nothing more here (I cast detect secret doors in every room we visit) so let's continue.

11.jpg

Draugr-Ghoul-Undead thingy.

12.jpg

13.jpg

Because I forgot to give silver dagger to Ormr the Wizard we were forced to use it. Adamnt axe icon moved to far away from "attack" button to use it. Actually, silver dagger does whole crapton of damage and Ghoul went down quickly.

14.jpg

But he had no treasure.

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

Chest was not trapped (that's new!) but contained only Runic Axe which we decided not to take because we have better weapons.

19.jpg

20.jpg

Outside world!

21.jpg

Orc asked us to pay him one silver coin to enter (I forgot to take screenshot of this for some reason) and we agreed because we happen to have two silver coins (we also had option to fight him).

22.jpg

23.jpg

Thank you, I will.

24.jpg

Our first shop!

25.jpg

I decided to sell circlet.

26.jpg

And a ring.

27.jpg

And buy one ration of food (he didn't have more) and potion of strenght.

28.jpg

And now we have 809 gold coins.

29.jpg

30.jpg

Potion raised Heimdall's strenght to 60. Also, "charm" we found earlier raises dexterity by 5 while you keep it in your inventory.

31.jpg

Let's take a look around.

32.jpg

33.jpg

We can't enter this house. Apparently it's only a model.

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

More caves, time to switch to Aeigr.

37.jpg

Detect traps scroll and another one which we could not decipher.

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

The he shall die by Heimdall's sword dagger!

41.jpg

42.jpg

He only had runic axe. And runic axes are on the list of items we do not bother to pick-up anymore.

43.jpg

Let's continue.

44.jpg

Have at you!

45.jpg

46.jpg

Son of a bitch was tough as nails and killed me 4 times. I finally managed to barely beat him when I switched to adamant axe.

47.jpg

A bit of self advertising never killed anyone.

48.jpg

Killing guardian gave us enough experience to advance Heimdall to level 2, nice!

49.jpg

Sure, drinking for chalice standing on evil altar guarded by undead seems like a great idea, so why not?

50.jpg

*BELCH* You are welcome...

51.jpg

Could be useful. Ok so that's it for this episode. In next one we shall se if Heimdall, now level 2, is capable of decipher scrolls he previously couldn't. And then we shall return to the ship, bring some useless junk with us and sell it here. Then we shall continue our quest.

I lowered quality of screenshots so update now "weight" 2 MB instead of fucking 20 mb. To be honest I don't see much difference in quality of pictures and now page with updates should load faster. But if you see difference in quality just let me know.

Thank you kind sir, you won an update!

Midgard update 10

In which we leave fifth island and travel to another one.

1.jpg

I went back to get some junk from the ship and then sold it in shop on this island. Unfortunately shop does not replenish its stock so now we have 2494 gold coins, and nothing to spend them on.

2.jpg

We gained some experience by killing monsters that respawned here, and we also killed shop guard, you don't have to give him silver coins. Now Aeigr and Ormr are also level 2 but still freaking usless. Unfortunately we were able to decipher only 2 from many scroll we couldn't understand before. Both were "Call of Valhalla" scrolls which kill opponent instantly but does not work on every opponent... so we sold them.

3.jpg

Now we can leave this island.

4.jpg

And sail to another one.

5.jpg

Exactly same island raping squad, Heimdall, Ormr and Aiegr.

6.jpg

Another overland one, interesting.

7.jpg

8.jpg

Sure, we are rich.

9.jpg

Oh, Ormr have all our gold.

10.jpg

Let's just kill this dude.

11.jpg

He should let Heimdall pass. He had nothing worth our while.

12.jpg

13.jpg

Nice house, but we can't enter it.

14.jpg

Ormr have found extra healing scroll inside trapped chest. Better than regular one, but still worse than food rations.

15.jpg

16.jpg

Finally "enterable" house, and we are greeted by angry orc.

17.jpg

18.jpg

This guy died after only two hits, but we didn't find any treasure.

19.jpg

Now after we killed inhabitants, let's loot this house, because that's viking!

20.jpg

We found power rune scroll and pouch with 100 gold coins. After collecting our Danegeld we can continue exploring this island.

21.jpg

Dead end.

22.jpg

23.jpg

That's new.

24.jpg

25.jpg

It's pretty obvious what we have to do here. But we left our druid on the ship. In case we will have to do both "ways", let's go back for Olaf.

26.jpg

Ok, we are back but we brought Olaf with us this time. We are going to do "Way of the Warrior" first. Using Aeigr since Heimdall is "Chieftain". So, let's step into the portal.

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

We entered the portal with Aiegr but still Heimdall will do all the fighting.

30.jpg

Draugr had no treasure.

31.jpg

Now, let's take a look around.

32.jpg

Amazingly, this chest was not trapped and we have found "Call of Valhalla" scroll in it. We took it becasue those are worth 150 gold coins.

33.jpg

This one was trapped though. It contained one food ration and scroll we can't decipher. I'm REALLY tempted to grind more XP for Heimdall so we can finally se what those scrolls are. And throw them away because they are taking a lot of our inventory space.

34.jpg

Let's keep moving.

35.jpg

More fighting!

36.jpg

37.jpg

Dude was quite tough, but nothing Heimdall could not handle. We have found another adamant axe and one food ration.

38.jpg

And now let's take a look at those chests.

39.jpg

Oh, it's only one chest this time.

40.jpg

It contained another dexterity charm which effect do stack with charm we already have but we don't have enough inventory space to carry both so we discarded it. We also have found raise dexterity scroll which we also discarded because it lasts only moment and I'm not fan of temporary boosts. And finally, invisibility scroll which reduces chance of being hit during combat, it's useless since we have invulerability scroll.

41.jpg

We will take food though, food is nice.

42.jpg

43.jpg

For a moment I thought we are back at the village but this place looks different.

44.jpg

Let's talk to this guy.

45.jpg

Shit, we left out pass at the ship.

46.jpg

Yeah, let's try it.

47.jpg

Dude had tons of hitpoints and did a lot of damage (he hit Heimdall only once and look at his health now) but we managed to beat him.

48.jpg

He had no treasure though. Let's check this house.

49.jpg

It's another shop.

50.jpg

We will sell one adamant axe because we don't need three of those. And let's take a look what this shop has to offer.

51.jpg

Not interested.

52.jpg

Nah, Heimdall eats giants for breakfast.

53.jpg

And we don't know what this is so we won't buy it either. We bought some food though, and it seems that this shop has infinite amount of food which is fucking great and now we have something to do with our money.

54.jpg

Ok, now let's take a look around.

55.jpg

56.jpg

Pit trap, and not much besides it.

57.jpg

58.jpg

Yeah, I think we are done here.

59.jpg

Ok, now I will sell all our usless junk off screen and check this Way of the Druid but I'm pretty goddamn sure it leads to the same place. In next episode we will travel to yet another island and continue our search for weapons of the gods.

Midgard update 11

Island nr 7, potion of runelore and mysterious diamond of mystery.

1.jpg

I spend some time grinding to gain enough experience for Heimdall to level up. He's level 3 now and he was able to decipher some of our mystery scrolls. Most of them were Heal All scrolls, so they should be very useful. There was also one Ressurection scroll which also can be useful if I ever decide to stop being cheap by using savestates. We still have one mystery scroll though. Also, "Druid Way" leads exactly to same place as "Warriors Way" and we found another strenght potion so Heimdall is now at whooping 76 str.

2.jpg

It's time to move on.

3.jpg

Same squad as always. Navigator, blacksmith and druid are just pack-mules.

4.jpg

That's looks nice. Let's take a look around using Aeigr.

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Trapped chest with food, raise str scroll and weak restore scroll.

8.jpg

9.jpg

Let's go south first.

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Chest with key and shard of ice scroll. Nothing more in this room. Let's go back.

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

Doors look different than others but we managed to open them with regular key.

18.jpg

19.jpg

Curse Foe scroll, I'm really not interested in cursing my foes.

20.jpg

Let's check this room before we go any further.

21.jpg

22.jpg

Crap.

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

Nice, it raised Heimdall's runelore by 5 points. Ok, nothing more here so let's go back.

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

South first.

30.jpg

Pouch with 10 gold coins. Nothing to write home about but still nice.

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

Pouch with 100 gold coins this time. That's more like it.

35.jpg

And our regular keys don't work this time.

36.jpg

We had to use silver one.

37.jpg

This island supposed to be small goddamit!

38.jpg

39.jpg

We found useless Giant Strike scroll and a Stone Axe. According to 8th Day axes made of stone are better than the metal ones. Well, we will give our adamant axe to Aeigr for now and then sell it.

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

10 gold coins.

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

46.jpg

I don't know whats that for but since description didn't said it's useless (it's said so about sapphire) we will keep it.

47.jpg

And that's it for this island. Let's go back to the ship.

48.jpg

Yes, I do.

49.jpg

50.jpg

Boost from potion allowed Heimdall to decipher our last mystery scroll. We are going to sell it. If it turns out that we need it, we will buy it back. We are fucking rich, man!
Ok, I will sell our crap now and in next episode we will continue our quest.

Midgard update 12

Labyrinth Island... sort of.

1.jpg

We sold most of our scrolls, leaving only healing ones and detect traps/doors and disarm traps scrolls. We are now rich and ready to continue looking for lost weapons.

2.jpg

3.jpg

Disembark!

4.jpg

Every island we visit looks different. That's quite amazing to be honest.

5.jpg

Let's check the chest first before we approach this dude.

6.jpg

Regular axe and weak restore health scroll. Heya! It's me, Imoen!

7.jpg

He didn't belived us. Dude looks evil but to be honest our navigator - Jarmes, also looks damn evil.

8.jpg

9.jpg

Take that!

10.jpg

11.jpg

It may not be obvious from screenshots, but he got tons of health and his attacks done a lot of damage. Bastard almost killed us.

12.jpg

He got useless circlet, a key and potion of runelore.

13.jpg

And after using it, Heimdall have runelore of 72.

14.jpg

Let's continue. And no more sorcerers please.

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

Let me guess, spiders?

18.jpg

Yup.

19.jpg

He had regular axe and food.

20.jpg

We cant move through that.

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

Some food, that's always nice.

24.jpg

And a regular key.

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

It's not a spider this time.

28.jpg

He beat us up a little but fortunately we have a lot of food. He dropped a key and food ration.

29.jpg

30.jpg

I tried to use Disarm Traps on it but nothing happend so I guess it's just a decoration.

31.jpg

Doors that required silver key to open.

32.jpg

Ready to fall into some pit traps Aeigr?

33.jpg

Told ya.

34.jpg

We picked up silver key that was laying on the ground.

35.jpg

And regular key was enough to open these doors.

36.jpg

What in hell?

37.jpg

Heimdall CAN pass, matey.

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

He had no treasure.

42.jpg

We healed ourselves up a little so let's continue.

43.jpg

44.jpg

Golden key.

45.jpg

This map looks like labirynth, but not very complicated one.

46.jpg

47.jpg

More food for hungry, hungry vikings.

48.jpg

49.jpg

50.jpg

51.jpg

4 pouches gave us 310 gold coins.

52.jpg

And another power rune. I tried to use them, cast them and even eat them but nothing works so I guess they are needed for some quest.

53.jpg

Inside a chest Aeigr found golden key and pouch with 10 gold coins. Ok, let's go back.

54.jpg

Let's go north.

55.jpg

56.jpg

We have to do this fight right because we are running out of healing stuff.

57.jpg

Fortunately Heimdall managed to smash this guy without getting hit.

58.jpg

He had no treasure but now we can loot his chest.

59.jpg

60.jpg

61.jpg

Shieeeet... Ok, it looks like that's it for this island. Let's go back to the ship.

62.jpg

Yes.

63.jpg

So that was island number eight. We are pretty good on supplies so we don't have to do any shopping. Next time, we shall continue our journey.

Midgard update 13

Puzzle tree island.

1.jpg

I don't think we need to do any shopping, we could use some detect traps scrolls but I can't by arsed to go back to shop island to buy them. So, let's just continue and hope for the best.

2.jpg

3.jpg

This one, please.

4.jpg

Grab yer viking hats boys! Disembark!

5.jpg

This one looks like "Way of the Warrior" part of "market island".

6.jpg

Bad omen.

7.jpg

8.jpg

Ok, this will be complicated one eh? It's good that I make LP of this so I can just look at screenshots and see where we already been. Ok, let's start by picking up this donut.

9.jpg

And then go south.

10.jpg

Aeigr inform us that he spotted and orc, in old norse of course.

11.jpg

Heimdall CAN and WILL pass, matey.

12.jpg

Ok, this dude raped me 4 times.

13.jpg

I finally managed to beat him by spamming attacks.

14.jpg

He dropped food, scroll we can't decipher and Call of Valhalla spell which we took in case there are more tough guys like him on this damn island.

15.jpg

We healed Heimdall and we are ready to continue.

16.jpg

We will go west from here. And that's what I mean by west. I don't know if those are real directions because isometric view confused the shit out of me when it comes to north/west etc stuff.

17.jpg

18.jpg

We won't run. It's just a spider.

19.jpg

It was very educated spider. He dropped two scrolls, one ice shard (discarded) and restore all scroll which is not as useful as it sounds but we took it anyway.

20.jpg

21.jpg

Pit trap.

22.jpg

23.jpg

We found runesword (discarded), jade key and runestone.

24.jpg

We will try to eat it after we leave this island. But for now let's wizard keep it. Let's go back.

25.jpg

26.jpg

Crap, another orc.

27.jpg

28.jpg

This one wasn't as bad! he killed us only two times! how the hell people are plying it without savestates man? He dropped "Crystal Sword".

29.jpg

Swords has 1 more base damage than axes so I think it's better than our stone axe.

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

Ok... a freaking puzzle and I don't understand much of it. A stone? diamond maybe... or rune stone. But a star? buggered if I know. Let's leave it alone for now.

34.jpg

We are back at first orc crossroads. Let's go east.

35.jpg

36.jpg

Potion of strenght.

37.jpg

Maybe effects of potions are only temporary? I'm pretty sure Heimdall had 76 str at some point (and this potion raised our strenght from 70 to 75).

38.jpg

Whatever. Let's go back west and north.

39.jpg

We were here already but we didn't checked northern exit from here.

40.jpg

Stuntie?

41.jpg

Yup, a stuntie.

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

He didn't killed us, but was pretty damn close. He dropped a scroll.

46.jpg

Another one of those.

47.jpg

48.jpg

Food and 10 gold coins.

49.jpg

50.jpg

51.jpg

52.jpg

We haven't checked eastern exit from here.

53.jpg

Ok, we can't go east. So that's it for this island.

54.jpg

We could play around with puzzle tree but we don't have anything that looks like star... or tender. So, we will come back here when we find something like that.

55.jpg

56.jpg

We are still quite good on supplies so no shopping needed. In next episode we shall visit other islands and hopefully find something star-like.

Midgard update 14

We should brought a fucking thief with picklock skill with us!

1.jpg

We didn't acomplished much on last island because I don't think we have right items to do anything there. So, let's sail some more and see what we will be able to find.

2.jpg

3.jpg

I tried to go to island in the north eastern edge of the map but we can't go there from here.

4.jpg

So let's visit this one instead.

5.jpg

Yes.

6.jpg

This island looks unique.

7.jpg

8.jpg

It looks like we have to fight.

9.jpg

It's a job for Heimdall!

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

He dropped regular sword.

13.jpg

14.jpg

Trapped chest with fire scroll and deterity charm. We discarded both.

15.jpg

Let's continue east.

16.jpg

17.jpg

Nothing here but those doors. Regular key opened them.

18.jpg

I hope we won't have to fight both of them at once.

19.jpg

I stopped being cocky after last island so I don't have any response for this.

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

He had another dex charm. We discarded it since it does not raise our dexterity any more.

23.jpg

Ok, now it's Draugr's turn.

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

This one had no treasure. Oh well, at least it gave us some experience points.

29.jpg

Let's leave those pretty doors alone for now and continue going east.

30.jpg

Aeigr opened the doors with regular key.

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

This one was slightly tougher than the last one. He dropped food, extra healing scroll (we used it to heal Heimdall) combat invisibility scroll (discarded) and most importantly - silver key. We can't buy keys so if we run out of them we will have to grind to get more. So it's always nice to find keys.

34.jpg

Let's continue east.

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

Pressure plates and doors.

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

None of our keys fits the locks on doors. We stepped on all three pressure plates and now let's go north.

41.jpg

More pressure plates.

42.jpg

We stepped on both of them.

43.jpg

Way south leads back to room with closed doors.

44.jpg

We went back and I think the game bork.

45.jpg

WEEEE!

46..jpg

Ok I reloaded and everything seems fine now. The doors are still locked so it might be some convoluted multi-room pressure plate puzzle. I will deal with it later, now let's go back to pretty doors.

47.jpg

We managed to open them with gold key.

48.jpg

Sure!

49.jpg

It kinda looks like star... if you really want it to look like star. Well we'll give it to the wizard for now. For safekeeping.

Ok, We haven't explored everything near the entrance so let's go back. Because I really don't want to deal with this pressure plate puzzle now...

50.jpg

51.jpg

52.jpg

53.jpg

We used silver key to open those doors.

54.jpg

And then we got attacked by spider as soon as we enterd this room. He dropped some food.

55.jpg

And now Heimdall is level 4, niceee.

56.jpg

Let's check this potion.

57.jpg

Another strenght potion. Those seems to be pretty common.

58.jpg

It raised Heimdall's strenght to 90. He should be killing machine by now.

59.jpg

Ok, now I will mess around those pressure plates BRB.

60.jpg

I managed to open one door by randomly walking over pressure plates without any thought or strategy. Let's check what's behind them.

61.jpg

Le Sorcerer.

62.jpg

We will smack him with our sword until he drops.

63.jpg

64.jpg

He dropped food and power rune. I don't know what those damn power runes do and they cluster my inventory. I don't think they are quest item since monsters drop them (and monsters drop is random).

65.jpg

I don't know. In inventory they are listed simply as a "scroll" but I can't seem to cast them or use them (or eat them...).

66.jpg

67.jpg

I stepped on this stone and it teleported me to some shop. Then I have to leave the island to exit shop so I reloaded. We are not done yet so let's not step on this thing.

68.jpg

Unfortunately none of our keys fitted the lock on those doors. Also I was unable to open second door in pressure plates room so we are done here for now.

69.jpg

Yup.

70.jpg

So, we have something that resembles a star (if you REALLY want it to) and still two more islands to go. Next time we shall continue looking for items that will satisfy puzzle tree.

Midgard update 15

Island of wizards with fetish for shrinking things and "solving" mystery of puzzle tree.

What? it's Icelandic... that's viking.

Ok now some gushing over how awesome savestates in WinUAE are. I keep custom settings for each game, sometimes simple stuff as different resolutions or custom keymapping. But I was playing some Towar Assault using AGA chipset and 1mb fast and slow ram instead of OCS/ECS and 512kb slow ram I use for any other game and I loaded savestate from Heimdall by mistake... And it worked. Everything was freaking fine and I could actually keep playing. Thing is, savestates only work for floppy games, you can't use them if you emulate hardrive and play games from it.

Now to the game:

1.jpg

We have only two more islands to visit (in Midgard, there are two more worlds after this), one in the upper right edge of the screen and this tiny one right of us.

2.jpg

Let's check out the tiny one.

3.jpg

And now we disembark. Aeigr, Ormr and our hero! where is he? where is he?

4.jpg

There he is! We are going to walk around as Heimdall because we didn't saw him in a long time and I missed his sprite to be honest.

5.jpg

Ok, let's get moving.

6.jpg

We have exit to the north.

7.jpg

And another one to the east.

8.jpg

Let's go north.

9.jpg

Food, we have a lot of food but we'll take it anyway.

10.jpg

Now let's go here.

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

That was very stupid of you, mr spider.

14.jpg

We killed him with two hits. He dropped a dagger which we absolutely don't need.

15.jpg

Nothing in the north. Just a dead end.

16.jpg

Let's go south then.

17.jpg

Ok, looks like another fight. Everyone was bitching about combat in this game (and 8th Day changed it in the sequel, among other things) but I actually like combat in this game.

18.jpg

That's new description. Let's see how ferocious this beast is.

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

Not ferocious enough. He dropped a scroll.

22.jpg

No idea. But let's keep it.

23.jpg

Let's explore some more.

24.jpg

25.jpg

Let Aeigr open it...

26.jpg

It was trapped and contained plain ring and amethyst key.

27.jpg

We are back in the room with pit traps. Let's see if we can cross them without casting disarm traps.

28.jpg

Without any problems.

29.jpg

I'm not buying your crap mate.

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

Identify this!

33.jpg

He dropped dexterity charm and dagger. We don't need any of those.

34.jpg

He should just let us explore, man. It was all his fault.

35.jpg

Restore all scroll. We used it because this spell is quite crappy to be honest.

36.jpg

37.jpg

I'm getting lost.

38.jpg

Son of a bitch.

39.jpg

He dropped resurrection and restore scrolls and some food.

40.jpg

41.jpg

Let's go west.

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

He droped jade key and detect secret doors scroll.

46.jpg

Let's continue going west.

47.jpg

We have already been here. We made a circle, let's go back.

48.jpg

Let's go east this time.

49.jpg

50.jpg

Silver coin and resurrection scroll. Let's take the northern exit.

51.jpg

Who do you call Kenodpas old man?

52.jpg

He made it clear already.

53.jpg

He beat us up a little bit but he dropped some food so all is well (and some useless fire and curse scrolls).

54.jpg

Another strenght potion.

55.jpg

Now we are at 95, goddamn we are a beast!

56.jpg

And that's it for this island. We are not missing any rooms (I think) and we found one unique item (shrinkin scroll). But that's not the end of this episode yet. We need to fuck around with puzzle tree first. There is only one island left and acess to it is blocked so some bullshit is probably involved. I will use every item we have on this tree and we shall se if something works.

57.jpg

We used diamond on left branch, runestone on right branch...

58.jpg

And silver coins in the middle one. If you try to use wrong item on wrong branch it simply refuses to do anything so you can do it by trial and error, just like me!

59.jpg

I very much wish to do so.

60.jpg

It didn't helped us to get to the last island but we now can kill sea serpents if we feel like it. Ok, let's get back to the ship.

62.jpg

Ok, now this update is over. In next episode we will find a way to the last island and hopefully reach another world - Utgard. Because it don't seem like any godly weapon are hidden here in Midgard.

Midgard update 16

Last island. Bridge keeper, "stne" key and Mjollnir.

Potato viking vibe this time...

1.jpg

We must sail to this island. Unfortunately we can't do this from here.

2.jpg

Apparently something is blocking our way and we have to find another way to reach last island.

3.jpg

We will do something like this. Hopefully we can reach last island from island south of us.

4.jpg

Either "consuming food while sailing" came into play for the first time. Or journey to the last island is simply very dangerous and long. We don't have much choice so we choose to sail anyway.

5.jpg

Yes.

6.jpg

Jormungand or some friend of his. I decided to take Serpent Killer scroll and all our power rune scrolls. Those are only unique items we have so we took them with us to the last island. Unfortunately we couldn't take much food with us because of this so we won't fight Jormungand. We will use Serpent Killer against him.

7.jpg

We highlighted Serpent Killer scroll and now we have to simply cast it by cliking "spell" icon.

8.jpg

It was very anti-climatic. Jormungand woul not go down that easily, fucking impostor! He didn't dropped anything.

9.jpg

So this is the last island. Passage to Utgard or place where one of the gods weapon was hidden by giant Loki. There are three worlds in this game and three weapons were stolen, so it's just my guess. We shall go north first. I really hope that sea serpent does not respawn. We don't have that much healing scrolls/food so there is a chance we will have to exit this island to buy more resourcess and then come back here later.

10.jpg

We must pass, matey. We don't have a choice. We are to far to fall back right now.

11.jpg

TONS of hit points and dude is hitting like damn sledgehammer.

12.jpg

We managed to kill him, he didn't dropped anything unfortunately. I was hoping for some food or healing scrolls.

13.jpg

But at least way north is clear. Let's get moving.

14.jpg

15.jpg

For some reason Heimdall cannot remember what is his favorite colour...

16.jpg

We do have 6 power runes. But not all of them have unique rune so I don't know... But, yeah we have them runes.

17.jpg

Oh...

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

"Stne Key" probably for doors we saw in first room.

21.jpg

We found some food, that's great because we have only two shitty heal all scrolls.

22.jpg

Let's go back to first room.

23.jpg

Against my better judgement I decided to explore around by going south and ignoring doors for now.

24.jpg

25.jpg

We blocked his first two strikes and then simply spammed attacks. He died but didn't drop anything.

26.jpg

We healed Heimdall using food we found in room with bridge keeper.

27.jpg

Big empty room. Let's see if there is anything in here.

28.jpg

Pit traps. Let's switch to Aeigr.

29.jpg

Another thing that looks like we could interact with it, but it's just a decoration.

30.jpg

Then we made a few steps and got attacked by a spider.

31.jpg

Spiders are weakest enemies so far. They attack slowly, do very little damage and die after two hits. He didn't dropped anything.

32.jpg

Jade key, now we have three of those. I think that's it for this room, let's go back to the doors guarded by Draugr.

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

We shall see about that.

36.jpg

We failed to block his first two attacks and then he beat us up a little more. Fortunately he didn't hit as hard as his friends did so we are alive. He didn't dropped anything and after healing Heimdall we are completely out of food and healing scrolls.

37.jpg

We open this gate with Jade Key. So "stne" key is for something else then.

38.jpg

Ok, this room just screams "TRAPS!" so let's switch to Aegir.

39.jpg

40.jpg

We got attacked by a spider and I tried to fight using Aegir but his sword icon is too fucking far away from attack button and it makes combat completely impossible.

41.jpg

So we killed spider with Heimdall. He didn't dropped anything.

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

It's not a spider this time...

45.jpg

Fortunately, he was a wuss and he dropped food and heal all scroll. We used food to heal Heimdall so we should be fine for now.

46.jpg

47.jpg

48.jpg

This time we got ambushed by draugr.

49.jpg

50.jpg

He didn't drop anything but killing him advanced Heimdall to level 5.

51.jpg

Ok, we are done with this room. "stne" key opened those doors.

52.jpg

Interesting.

53.jpg

54.jpg

This chest was not trapped and contained food and mysterious scroll...

55.jpg

Riiight...

56.jpg

We wandered around this room for a while but there is nothing more here. We were about to get back to the ship when...

57.jpg

Wait a minute! is that huge-ass fucking hammer?

58.jpg

59.jpg

60.jpg

61.jpg

First part of the quest is complete. We have found Thor's Hammer and I think this dude on the screen is Thor himself because Heimdall don't sport a horns on his helmet.

62.jpg

And we reached next world - Utgard otherwise known as Jotunheim, world of Giants and original home of Loki (because Loki is not a fucking god for pete's sake, he's freaking giant accepted in Asgard by Odin. But every game, movie or comic book simply ignore this fact). In next episode we shall take a look around this world and see what's going on here.

And that's it for the Midgard part of the game. And it also last update until we reach next page, because it started to be
pain to load this page.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
If they are translated, you should read the danish Valhalla cartoons. In those, Loki is properly portrayed as one of the jotun that has had the "luck" of being adopted into Odin's household. The series holds quite true to the mythology. :salute:

TOME

Cuckmaster General
And I want to commend you on the update speed. I'm already 6 updates behind. But do carry on good Sir.:salute:

Thanks everyone, Heimdall is really fun game to play and very easy to upload since I lowered quality of pictures. I can't stop playing it but I could simply wait some time with posting updates. But what's done is done so I spammed a few too many.

If they are translated, you should read the danish Valhalla cartoons. In those, Loki is properly portrayed as one of the jotun that has had the "luck" of being adopted into Odin's household. The series holds quite true to the mythology. :salute:

I developed strange aversion to comic books for some reason, but I will take a look at it if Valhalla was translated to english. And everything I know about norse mythology I once read in polish book called "Heroje Północy" by Jerzy Ros (It's tricky to translate word "heroje", book title could probably be something like "Hero tales of the North" in english) so I don't know if those informations are reliable. It was actually pretty nice book with myth from Eddas and some more specific information about historical "vikings", mostly bashing use of term "viking" for 8 century Scandinavians, and horned helmets of course.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I researched the comic a bit, and found out that while it seems it hasn't been translated into english, parts of it has been translated to Norwegian, Swedish, Icelandic, Føroyan, Finnish, German, Dutch, French, Indonesian and Russian..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom