Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I will bring buttons back

Buttons

• Total voters

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
It's been great to browse the Codex for (more or less) a week and have every page load properly. Actually noticed the improved performance before the lack of buttons.

Prime Junta

itt: the codex discussing the appalling lack of civility on these forums, trying to work out constructive solutions to it

o tempora

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
2H1gUPC.gif

Cael

Arcane
itt: the codex discussing the appalling lack of civility on these forums, trying to work out constructive solutions to it

o tempora
Are you retarded? Who said anything about civility, you flaming imbecile?

There is a difference between starting a post just to call you a cunt and hitting a button on every post you have ever made, you fucking moron.

I hope this post makes it clear.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Can we remove Infinitron as well now we're at it

Seriously I don't get that "remove Infinitron". Infinitron did not put up a shitshow like Dark Underlord. But yeah...it's always "Ban Infinitron" I guess... Does fit to the "faceless crowd who has no opinion of its own, and just emerges to click buttons or harass someone for the lulz, but mostly without explanation."

Fuck this shit.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Goodbye hello friend.

What happened, hello friend? This reads like somebody hacked your account. Yeah, there are some cretins on the Codex, but also some worthwhile people from around the world.
I'd like to apologize for the drama of a couple of days ago. I've got a latin temper when confronted with fools, and in that situation, it was idiot overload.

I could go on rebuking the ridiculous BS from "over there" (like repeatedly describing posts between 3-9 lines long as "walls of text" dry.gif ), but really, the vast majority over there, with very few exceptions, are beneath contempt. It can be hard to remember at the time, but their goal is to create drama, and if they have to slander to do it, they've got no problems with that. They say Imitation is the Highest Form of Flattery, but being reviled by that crowd comes a pretty close second. After thinking about it for a while, I realized that if they liked me over there, that'd be far more reason to worry. I now rightly consider their hate and mockery a badge of honor. I just sometimes have trouble remembering the first rule of the flame war: "consider the source".
Hello hello friend.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I have to say I'm REALLY glad about the lack of buttons other than Brofists. Today I wake up with 12 notifications. None of them are with "retadred", "shit", and other ratings. All of them are either brofists or people genuinely discussing what I'm posting, which is a refreshing and fairly inclined change.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Atlantico has at least two posters in his sights that he down votes religiously, actually surfing threads for posts he can down vote, regardless of what was being said.

:butthurt::butthurt::butthurt:

You being predictably butthurt because of ratings is v. lulzy.

You are the single most stupid person I've ever encountered, expect to be rated accordingly. You're an oxygen deficit to the planet and a waste of space.

Just look at the "contribution" you've made to this thread. Like everything of yours, it's like potholes in the road, good to avoid, best to pave over.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Like I've said before, the buttons are a great work of art. Like all great works of art, they come at a price. Some are willing to pay that price and some are not. I stand among those who are willing. I've seen great things accomplished through the buttons that I otherwise would not have seen. Glory to the great buttons! If you want to disagree with me, you can't! You sold out your own free will!!! Hahaha! You losers took away your own ability to defend yourselves unless you reply with a retarded post. Hahaha! All you can do is brofist me, not brofist me, or take time out of your day engaging in pettiness. You lose either way! Hahaha!!!!!

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
I have to say I'm REALLY glad about the lack of buttons other than Brofists. Today I wake up with 12 notifications. None of them are with "retadred", "shit", and other ratings. All of them are either brofists or people genuinely discussing what I'm posting, which is a refreshing and fairly inclined change.
upyours.png

catfood

AGAIN
:retarded:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

:shittydog:

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Don't say things like that. It hurts buttons mashers feelings. We all know the only reason to hate buttons is the deep fear of negative ratings that hurt our inflated ego. That's all there is to it. Further promoting childish behaviour and social media retarded wordless interactions have nothing to do with it. It's not like smileys were already enough of that crap. No, it has to be butthurt, any other reason would be... unfathomable.
:butthurt:

Last edited:

Trithne

Erudite

:M

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I haven't been following the thread and can't be bothered to wade through it. What's the word on the street?

I'm not happy with the buttons gone. I feel...diminished. Like a number.

Is it just DU poking his pet anthill out of existential boredom and soon all will be well again or did he make a permanent change out of some deep seated design principle?

Trithne

Erudite
I haven't been following the thread and can't be bothered to wade through it. What's the word on the street?

I'm not happy with buttons gone. I feel...diminished.

Is it just DU poking his pet anthill out of existential boredom and soon all will be well again or did he make a permanent change out of some deep seated forum design principle?

DU took buttons away, farmed for brofists to reinstate them, took them away again on a whim. Pretty sure he's just bored and doing this for the humoured everyone is trying to inject into the thread

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom