Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I will bring buttons back

Buttons

• Total voters

Rakshar

Educated
Patron
Any news on how Nano is doing on his nefarious undertaking in the Star Stable Realm at Dark Underlord's bidding?

Lhynn

Arcane
Expressing disagreement with all the intellectual weight of a rating and optionally some jejune comment became too convenient.
Agree, this killed discussion and you often have to settle for a disagree but you have no idea in which way. Its just retarded. Its one more thing killing discussion in the forum.

Cael

Arcane
Did I seriously just read that you can't have a discussion while being civil? Last time I checked, being uncivilized adds literally nothing to a discussion except venting and attacking the other person as opposed to their arguments.
Even worse, he thinks that all anti-SJWs should be pro-white because tribes. White racists, black racists, same side of the coin.

The guy has the intellectual capacity of a mentally crippled 2 year old.

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
My main issue with buttons is that some people abuse them by auto negatively rating each and every post you make. Rating one or two posts to show disagreement is fine, but negatively rating twenty posts in a row in the same thread is retarded.

Most of the people I recently ignored was due to getting constant never ending notifications of them following me around and rating my posts. It's inane. We have to have some anti-spam control.

PorkBarrellGuy

My main issue with buttons is that some people abuse them by auto negatively rating each and every post you make. Rating one or two posts to show disagreement is fine, but negatively rating twenty posts in a row in the same thread is retarded.

Most of the people I recently ignored was due to getting constant never ending notifications of them following me around and rating my posts. It's inane. We have to have some anti-spam control.

Stop caring. Problem solved.

Seriously, until getting ratebombed with X rating is shown to have some kind of effect on your ability to use the forum, stop caring.

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Seriously, until getting ratebombed with X rating is shown to have some kind of effect on your ability to use the forum, stop caring.
I don't care, I am just expressing my preference for no buttons.

My other issue with them is thatthey are low-effort and grant a false sense of accomplishment when you would have replied to express disagreement instead of giving a shit/retarded/cuck rating.

A brofist/agree/disagree system would encompass all rating and work better.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I've narrowed these down as my pick of the essentials:

rating_brofist.png
rating_prestigious.png
rating_salute.gif
thinking.png
informative.png
love.png
paintbrush.png

mystery.png
incline.png
decline.png
rating_rage.gif
rating_negativeman.png

rating_prosper.png
tldr.png
citationneeded.png

wtfamireading.png
deusvult.png
thering.png

These are my preferences.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

My main issue with buttons is that some people abuse them by auto negatively rating each and every post you make.
I'll take things that never happened for 300, Alex.

We had one case were someone was rating people en mass with a program and he was dealt with.

The others are people who genuinely disliked you enough to rate 20 of your posts shit by hand.

Turn off notifications if you're thin skinned.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I've narrowed these down as my pick of the essentials:

rating_brofist.png
rating_prestigious.png
no.png
rating_salute.gif

thinking.png
informative.png
love.png
paintbrush.png

mystery.png
incline.png
decline.png
rating_rage.gif

rating_negativeman.png
rating_butthurt.png
facepalm.png
fedora.png

rating_prosper.png
rating_retarded.png
rating_shit.png
npc.png
cuck.png

edgy.png
fakenews.png
tldr.png
citationneeded.png

wtfamireading.png
deusvult.png
nuke2.png
thering.png

The others are superfluous/easily replaced by one of the options above (e.g., you don't need a million 'yes'/'agree' smileys when a brofist will do). Performance on potatoes isn't even an excuse since CSS could just be fixed/adapted.

I'm partial to nuke it from orbit and Deus Vult...

Here is the list of the most used buttons:
  1. Brofist millions++
  2. lulz 838,460
  3. Agree 485,375
  4. Informative 137,788
  5. Salute 115,277
  6. retadred 109,087
  7. incline 105,621
  8. shit 105,563
  9. hopw roewur ne 94,421
  10. butthurt 82,207
  11. Fabulously Optimistic 81,366
  12. Acknowledge Agenda 70,210
  13. Despair 69,368
  14. Friendly 64,253
  15. Prestigious 61,162
  16. Disagree 53,315
  17. WTF am I reading 49,615
  18. it is a mystery 47,409
  19. racist 47,131
  20. Excited! 42,823
  21. :M (Parrot) 37,491
  22. decline 36,326
  23. Yes! 36,035
  24. rage 35,322
  25. citation needed 33,416
  26. Trump - Build the Wall 30,683
  27. Trump - Yes 26,809
  28. Doggy 25,697
  29. Creative 25,549
  30. Thanks 25,261
  31. cuck 24,682
  32. Trump - Disgusting 23,657
  33. Old 22,773
  34. Interesting 19,561
  35. Balanced 19,557
  36. Edgy 18,810
  37. It was Aliens 18,681
  38. Bad Spelling 18,051
  39. Fake news 16,647
  40. meh 15,075
  41. Deus vult! 15,042
  42. Nice 11,685
  43. Trump - Best Deal 11,666
  44. Trump - covfefe 11,601
  45. Trump - You're Fired! 10,594
  46. Merry Christmas! 8,696
  47. Trump - Yuge 8,000
  48. tl;dr 7,861
  49. Participation Award 7,247
  50. Sheeple 6,821
  51. M'lady 6,694
  52. Nuke it from Orbit 6,437
  53. No 5,743
  54. Trump - WTF!? 5,268
  55. Trump - Win! 4,925
  56. Makes you think 4,766
  57. Rolleyes 4,493
  58. Kitty 3,765
  59. MCA When words are not enough 3,588
  60. Gimme dem dollah bills 3,002
  61. Whatever shit you posted didn't load 2,711
  62. Trump - Love 2,515
  63. Kingcomrade / Heresy 2,514
  64. Cheers 2,486
  65. STOP! posting 2,341
  66. Up yours 2,305
  67. Wally - M: 1,615
  68. Equip the ring 1,225
  69. Slurp delicious asshole 1,156
  70. What? (Koala) 1,125
  71. Hoo (Owl) 1,104
  72. (autism) 992
  73. Button 940
  74. Goldfist 927
  75. Useful / Tool 776
  76. Sad :( 606
  77. Dislike 559
  78. Popamole 445
  79. k 293
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/guess-the-top-10-ratings.121470/page-8

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Lambchop or Lady Error or both were the victims of such a campaign, which only stopped when the mods "negotiated" with the prick involved and gave them their Literal Hitler title in return for the asshole stopping his campaign.

It was actually better than that... Lambchop created the Literally Hitler and I created the Batshit Crazy tag - and we both got each other's creations. Then L. begged for the Literally Hitler and got it too.

Lurker47

Savant
When did this happen.
This is a nightmare.
As stupid as it is, one of my favorite things about this site was the buttons. This is a tragedy.:negative:

Lambchop or Lady Error or both were the victims of such a campaign, which only stopped when the mods "negotiated" with the prick involved and gave them their Literal Hitler title in return for the asshole stopping his campaign.

It was actually better than that... Lambchop created the Literally Hitler and I created the Batshit Crazy tag - and we both got each other's creations. Then L. begged for the Literally Hitler and got it too.

Oh wow that is so much better.

I always thought people on this site literally wanted to kill Jews and black people because of those tags.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I always thought people on this site literally wanted to kill Jews and black people because of those tags.

Well, for some reason there are a lot of Jews in top positions in US media, finance and politics. And I don't want European countries to import a lot of niggers. So there's that.

Cael

Arcane

Oh wow that is so much better.

No. LE was being stalked and getting every one of her posts rated as racist by some no job loser who spends all his time here just doing that. Instead of deleting those rates and banning the asshole, the mods negotiated with him instead. Bunch of soft cucks. The result was that LE be given the Literal Hitler tag in exchange for the asshole stopping. The thread is in Site Feedback somewhere still, or should be.

We know there are button abusers amongst us. As I have said before, I have seen multiple campaigns done by assholes in my time here. That is the primary reason why I am against buttons. If the mods don't want to clamp down on the abusers, and it is not as if they are that hard to spot once they get going, then get rid of the buttons.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Methinks no buttons generates more butthurt right now than buttons.

The best course of action is probably to keep only brofists until everyone gives up and then bring back the buttons for the butthurt of the brofist purists.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If Nano completes his task within 7 days, I shall return buttons.

If Nano fails to complete his task within the next 7 days, the buttons demand a sacrifice. If Nano fails his quest, and this post receives 150 brofists within the next 7 days, I will ban Nano and return buttons.

Which will happen first? Will Nano save the buttons and himself, will the Codex demand Nano be sacrificed, or will buttons begone forever?

Stay tuned to this exciting thread for further developments.

How can we get rid of buttons AND this Nano asshole, whoever Xe is?

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Brofists shouldn't be white. They should be brown.
OLYMPICS-BLACK-POWER-SALU-008.jpg

You're right.
I demand multi-colored Brofist buttons, otherwise it's racist.
I demand a Sisfist button in all colors for the minority of womyns in here, because female rights.
I demand a rainbow-colored LGBTQ-fist button, otherwise it's discriminating against the trannies in here.

:rpgcodex:

Last edited:

Aemar

Arcane
Meanwhile, at DU's secret HQ...

If Nano completes his task within 7 days, I shall return buttons.

If Nano fails to complete his task within the next 7 days, the buttons demand a sacrifice. If Nano fails his quest, and this post receives 150 brofists within the next 7 days, I will ban Nano and return buttons.

Which will happen first? Will Nano save the buttons and himself, will the Codex demand Nano be sacrificed, or will buttons begone forever?

Stay tuned to this exciting thread for further developments.

giphy.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom