Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Icy, a post-apocalyptic ice age survival RPG, now on Indiegogo

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Icy; Inner Void Interactive

Remember Zaharia, the Middle Eastern-themed isometric RPG that went on Kickstarter last year but failed to meet its funding goal? Well, now the team behind that game, Inner Void Interactive, is back with a new project - Icy, a survival RPG set in a post-apocalyptic world witnessing a new Ice Age. Icy was actually announced back in May 2014 as "Project Frozen World" and significant development has already gone into the game, so the very modest Indiegogo campaign launched today is only meant to provide funds for the finishing touches. Here's the pitch video and feature list:

Features:
  • Live a survival experience in a peculiar post-apocalyptic setting.
  • Create your character, characterizing it choosing among 3 main attributes and 10 different skills that affects the whole game.
  • Influence the plot with different choices, changing the course of events that will lead to multiple different endings.
  • Manage to keep together group of survivors, each one with different needs, values and ideals.
  • Scavenge for items and hunt for food, face the challenges of the Frozen World.
  • Enjoy more than 400 hand-drawn artworks.
  • More than 10'000 dialogue lines.
  • Day/night cycle that affects the gameplay.

A mere 5 dollars will get you a copy of Icy, which is scheduled to be released in June this year, but only if the fundraiser hits its 2500 dollar goal. You can learn more about the game from the dev diaries that were posted on the official website over the past nine months. Don't forget to vote it up on Steam Greenlight, too. Oh, and yes, the name is temporary.

stony3k

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
It really is a modest ask. Wonder if it'll be funded though given that Indiegogo is so much smaller.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
$5? Sure, why not? Funny video, I was entertained. Here's a change.

qpQE6ZY.png

Last edited:

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Next paycheck I'm throwin' a ham, turkey leg, steak, tomato, parsnip, sweet potato, and a beer in a crock to see what happens. I double dog dare me...

Then I'm gonna back this shit like no tomorrow. I'm talkin' at least $7 maybe $8. Good place to throw the smoking money I don't spend anymore. :salute:

Ninjerk

Arcane
Really loving the art. If that guy didn't study the classics he sure makes it look that way!

oscar

Arcane
A new Ice Age is a fantastic setting. Only game that comes to mind is the cool Transarctica.

Thank you guys for all the support!

I know you have a bad memory of kickstarter, but it's superior platform to indie gogo. Also you really should charge 10$. For someone interested in your game it won't make a difference and a pool of potential backers is limited. This time video is quite good, a massive improvement from the last one. But as I said campaign still is far from flawless:( Not sure if a goal is right, 5 000$ on kickstarter would be reachable I think )

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
Thank you guys for all the support!

I know you have a bad memory of kickstarter, but it's superior platform to indie gogo. Also you really should charge 10$. For someone interested in your game it won't make a difference and a pool of potential backers is limited. This time video is quite good, a massive improvement from the last one. But as I said campaign still is far from flawless:( Not sure if a goal is right, 5 000$ on kickstarter would be reachable I think )
As I said in the other thread, we sadly had to abandon KS for budget reasons. Being in Italy we need a foreign company structure to access to KS and it would have costed a third of our entire budget, putting the game development at risk. Not a wise move, since now we only need some money to fully polish it!

GloomFrost

Arcane
5 dollars is not much of course but considering that UNDERRAIL costs around 9 and already has tons and tons of content and neat graphics...... I ll wait for more information about this "icy".

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If Underrail is your new baseline for games, I fear you will never again be satisfied.

GloomFrost

Arcane
If Underrail is your new baseline for games, I fear you will never again be satisfied.
So you completely ignored what I said about the price and "I ll wait for more information" bit. Well done.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom