Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RTS ID a rts for me please

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I remember playing a fantasy rts demo a long, long time ago. I don't remember what it was called, I don't remember what happened to it (it might have been canceled), and it triggers my ocd something awful.

Traits I remember:
1. It was fantasy
2. There were three sides you could choose
3. The third side may have been demons or dark elves or something and I vaguely remember being able to build beholder-like flyers. #3 is the one I'm most uncertain about since I don't remember any details whatsoever.
4. It was supposed to be multiplayer only
5. It may or may not have been canceled (i'm guessing it was otherwise it would be easier to find)
6. There was a playable demo of it

Yeah, kinda vague, but if I remembered better specifics maybe I could figure out what it was on my own. Any ideas?

Last edited:

spectre

Arcane
Not much to work with. War Wind (I or II) perhaps?
Or maybe Blood and Magic, but I reckon that one was pretty distinctive.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
They're both way too old and War Wind is single player focused. I'm pretty sure the game was from the early-mid 2000s.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
KINDA vague? I would hate to see what really vague looks like.

Thread title says RTS but your post says RPG. Derp.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
The game was in english and 2d. Graphics were typical bright fantasy fare.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Kingdom under Fire (the one from 2001)? That had a faction with dark elves, demons and weird floating things. It has only 2 sides though.
I think later KuF games went into some sort of MP only MMO-RTS/RPG hybrid and some of them got canceled?

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Edit: maybe it really is Armies of Exigo after all. 3 sides + beholder is a pretty close match.

Last edited:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Armies of Exigo won't recognize my integrated card, I guess I won't be getting my fantasy rts fix after all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom