Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ I'm not feeling well. [Awor ODing on Crimsonland]

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
I'm experiencing anxiety and when I close my eyes, I see Crimsonland gameplay. Hordes, hordes of monsters. Plasma tracers lazily sailing through the screen.

And that craving... to play again... Oh God.

Black

Arcane
You know there's a new Crimsonland on steam, right?

Black

Arcane
So just play it and murder all those innocent monsters, what's the big deal?

PeachPlumage

Cipher
I remember playing the shit out of the original release. I might give the new release a try one of these days.

index.php

Arcane
I replay it every year at least once, fantastic game
shooting-smiley.gif

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
I don't know, I finished most of medium level quests in last few days and yesterday I was still enjoying it a lot. But later I started feeling strong anxiety and seeing massive Crimsonland fights when closing eyes, hordes of monsters, plasma cannon projectiles lazily flying towards them and stuff.

lemon-lime

Educated
Anxiety sounds pretty harsh. Does that feeling come out of "nowhere" or is it more of a reaction to the experience of seeing game scenes, when closing eyes?
The latter can be pretty normal. I had that 25 years ago after playing the original Populous: When I closed my eyes, I saw little dudes roaming the landscape.
That experience would have disturbed me, if I hadn't already experienced pretty much the same outside of video games before. Once or twice a year my father burned garden crap (branches from cutting back bushes, trees, hedges) and I accompanied him, because fire is fascinating. I spent hours watching the flames. And sometimes in the evening after such a day I saw flames, when closing eyes. I haven't had that expierence often; it's very rare for me. I guess, it has something to do with how visual stimulation affects a very relaxed/immersed mind.

While Crimsonland isn't traditionally relaxing, it is one of those games that can easily put you into "the zone" (or "flow"- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_(psychology) )
In short: I wouldn't worry too much about your experience.

Black

Arcane
I don't know, I finished most of medium level quests in last few days and yesterday I was still enjoying it a lot. But later I started feeling strong anxiety and seeing massive Crimsonland fights when closing eyes, hordes of monsters, plasma cannon projectiles lazily flying towards them and stuff.
Maybe you need something more real, maybe you just need to... level up.

Cthulhu_is_love

As long as you are not dreaming Crimsonland dreams everything's ok.

One time i dreamt of SS2, fucking protocol droids everywhere.

Oh the horror...

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I remember dreaming about Silent Hill 3 when I was playing it and afterwards. It didn't happen for me with any other Silent Hill for some reason though, nor any other game. In the dreams I was in a very similar places that Heather did (I was myself, not her), and there were those dogs like in the game that were hunting me.

Damn, these dreams were awesome. I love horrors, and I love to dream about scary stuff :love:

Carceri

Arcane
I never had a dream about computer games, ever. Which is particularly strange given it's one of my major hobbies, however the closest dream I had to computer games was that I was chasing some dudes to shoot them. I had a pistol and the whole running thing was done a at a very high speed. For a split second Quake 3 came to my mind, but there wasn't anything remotely similar with Quake in my dream. What was further frustrating about this is that the pistol I was using not only did almost no sound when shooting, but it also seemed to do almost next to no damage. I wasn't able to gun down whomever I was chasing. So disappointing.
Perhaps I'll pick up better power ups and weapons next dream.

Gerrard

Arcane
It's called the Tetris effect. When I was playing bullet hell games for longer periods of time I would end up seeing the firework-like patters every time I closed my eyes.

Humanity…

All of my suffering on this world has been at the hands of humanity, particularly extroverts. It has made me realize just how brutal and twisted humanity is as a species. All I ever wanted was to fit in and live a happy life amongst humanity, but I was cast out and rejected, forced to endure an existence of loneliness and insignificance, all because the extroverts of the human species were incapable of seeing the value in me.

This is the story of how I, Awor Szurkrarz, came to be. This is the story of my entire life. It is a dark story of sadness, anger, and hatred. It is a story of a war against cruel injustice. In this magnificent story, I will disclose every single detail about my life, every single significant experience that I have pulled from my temporal lobe, as well as how those experiences have shaped my views of the world. This tragedy did not have to happen. I didn’t want things to turn out this way, but humanity forced my hand, and this story will explain why. My life didn’t start out dark and twisted. I started out as a happy and blissful child, living my life to the fullest in a world I thought was good and pure…

I had a fucking dream I was playing Skyrim last night and it was shit and the dragon was a damage sponge and the hitboxes were too wonky to avoid its attacks properly. I haven't touched Skyrim for ages. It was horrible. Think yourself lucky.

I had a fucking dream I was playing Skyrim last night and it was shit and the dragon was a damage sponge and the hitboxes were too wonky to avoid its attacks properly. I haven't touched Skyrim for ages. It was horrible. Think yourself lucky.

I misread that and thought you were in the game as the dragonborn yourself and you still had to deal with HP bloat and Capcom hitboxes. Now it's wonderful and not horrible :M

I misread that and thought you were in the game as the dragonborn yourself and you still had to deal with HP bloat and Capcom hitboxes. Now it's wonderful and not horrible :M
I was for parts of it I think, I remember holding my shield up and arrows going through it anyway while I jogged with rage

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Anxiety sounds pretty harsh. Does that feeling come out of "nowhere" or is it more of a reaction to the experience of seeing game scenes, when closing eyes?
I think the anxiety started first. Initially playing the game was exhilarating but then anxiety started creeping in and I started having these flashback. To be honest it feels similarly to my experience of trauma after a real attack.
Also, even though it makes me feel worse, I feel compelled to play it more and more.

While Crimsonland isn't traditionally relaxing, it is one of those games that can easily put you into "the zone" (or "flow"- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_(psychology) )
In short: I wouldn't worry too much about your experience.
So, it drags one in because of the challenge?

Humanity…

All of my suffering on this world has been at the hands of humanity, particularly extroverts. It has made me realize just how brutal and twisted humanity is as a species. All I ever wanted was to fit in and live a happy life amongst humanity, but I was cast out and rejected, forced to endure an existence of loneliness and insignificance, all because the extroverts of the human species were incapable of seeing the value in me.

This is the story of how I, Awor Szurkrarz, came to be. This is the story of my entire life. It is a dark story of sadness, anger, and hatred. It is a story of a war against cruel injustice. In this magnificent story, I will disclose every single detail about my life, every single significant experience that I have pulled from my temporal lobe, as well as how those experiences have shaped my views of the world. This tragedy did not have to happen. I didn’t want things to turn out this way, but humanity forced my hand, and this story will explain why. My life didn’t start out dark and twisted. I started out as a happy and blissful child, living my life to the fullest in a world I thought was good and pure…
8Jwm836.png

http://society6.com/product/decaying-wonderland-iii_print#1=45

The horror of the future was suffocating. I could barely breathe. If only one employer had at least
given me a chance and tried to hire me, everything would have turned out differently, but employers
continued to treat me with disdain.

7cfyanm.png

http://society6.com/product/decaying-wonderland-vii_print#1=45

Cthulhu_is_love

It's called the Tetris effect. When I was playing bullet hell games for longer periods of time I would end up seeing the firework-like patters every time I closed my eyes.

Well, then I got the Tetris effict with Witcher 1. I can't stop having intercourse with everyone I see, after I give them shiny little objects.

You know it's not real, why do you want to see me suffer?
:prosper:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Damnit, you've triggered my desire to play this some more. Plz donate to my Patreon so I can afford to do so.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom