Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Imperator: Rome - the new grand strategy from Paradox

OSqjwFN.jpg

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
the map is a work-in-progress quite clearly
The game will come out in a month or two,not much work left to be done. The grey areas are future dlc packs. I hope that the game doesn't start at this time,would ratter have it from the earlier years,during Rome's city state time. Also from what i remember from my early years,the Seleucid empire was more of vassal holding system of government and not just one big blob.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The game will come out in a month or two,not much work left to be done. The grey areas are future dlc packs. I hope that the game doesn't start at this time,would ratter have it from the earlier years,during Rome's city state time. Also from what i remember from my early years,the Seleucid empire was more of vassal holding system of government and not just one big blob.

Not to shit on your whole edginess parade, but it's seven months until 2019. If Stellaris and HoIIV are anything to go by, it will of course take years/six DLCs/complete overhaul mods for this game to be playable.

For some reason a small spark of :bounce: inside of me refuses to die though.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Not to shit on your whole edginess parade, but it's seven months until 2019. If Stellaris and HoIIV are anything to go by, it will of course take years/six DLCs/complete overhaul mods for this game to be playable.

For some reason a small spark of :bounce: inside of me refuses to die though.
Coming soon doesn't sound like 2019,it is more like a few months. They are marketing it even on their site,pretty certain that it will be here in less than 3 months.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/859580/Imperator_Rome/

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Hell, I thought about this and a resource like prestige or gravitas would make sense in the context of the Roman Republic or a tribal confederation. At least it'd be more fitting than the ruler mana in EU4. Too bad it'll be the exact same resources for everyone regardless of historical context.

Coming soon doesn't sound like 2019,it is more like a few months.

The release date is coming soon, not the game itself. Someone mentioned the Ides of March. Makes sense.

Until they add the Parthians it's pretty safe to say the map is a work in progress.

Some stuff from Reddit:

So far I've got this:

• Full map and Johan stated that they've added a ton of Germanic, Scandinavian and other tribes since this screenshot. Reports say it's convex and is probably projected on a globe - Reddit
  • First developer diary hopefully next week (week of the 28th of May) - Reddit
  • List of a few trade goods. - Reddit
  • Capability of zooming in and out seemingly much greater than in previous games. - Reddit
  • Allegedly there's a pretty straightforward way of promoting pops to citizens. Slaves show up in your capital when you sack a city. Citizens provide research. Free men and tribesmen provide manpower and taxes. - Reddit
  • There are around 40 unique trade goods and 12 different kinds of military units but all this subject to change, though. - Reddit
  • The resources used in the game. Civic are laws and domestic issues, oratory is diplomacy, tyranny was explained as a resource you get for using tyrannical actions, like crucifying your political enemies. - Private Message (Person wishes to remain anonymous)
  • End date is approximately around the end of the Republic (~727 AUC or 27 BCE) so a campaign has 277 years of normal play. - Reddit
More stuff thanks to (/u/nothingtoseehere____) ❤

• Roman Soldiers can build roads - some roads will start on game start
  • There is research "Not EU4 style, not a tech tree, something unique"
  • The Terra Incognita on the map is a mixture of unfilled so far (Spain) and unfilled wasteland (Russia). Some of which is colonizable
  • Manual pop promotion (from Vicky 1) is back, and is much more easier
  • Wood in a province (or wood exported to that province via trade routes ) is needed to build ships.
  • Possibility to stack bonuses from exporting goods (e.g. exporting loads of grain to Rome to make its population skyrocket)
  • There will only be one start date

Tytus

Arcane
Until they add the Parthians it's pretty safe to say the map is a work in progress.

If I remember correctly Parthia was a province in the Seleucid Empire that rebelled when the central goverment was weak and basically took over. Judging by the state of the world it's too early for them to exist as a seperate faction.

Their original homeland should be western Turkmenistan and you can see that part of the map is empty. I was actually hoping to have some fun with Indo-Greeks but that would mean playing as some sort of Seleucid client or vassal in Bactria or Sogdia or wherever and then declaring independence and focusing on the Mauryans. Unfortunately, just like Eumenes, that too will have to wait for the DLC flood.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

The release date is coming soon, not the game itself. Someone mentioned the Ides of March. Makes sense.

If that is true....well it is retarded. Why would they put release date for a release date..... has our society sunken to such lows.....:negative:.

Tytus

Arcane

If that is true....well it is retarded. Why would they put release date for a release date..... has our society sunken to such lows.....:negative:.

Well we already have teasers for a teaser for a trailer. (on the American TV). So to answer your question - yes. But I don't think they will put a release date for a release date.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Well we already have teasers for a teaser for a trailer. (on the American TV). So to answer your question - yes. But I don't think they will put a release date for a release date.
May god Putin nukes the world and bring us back to our glorious roots.....:lol:

45?

The Imperator subreddit just discovered the Celtic tribe that gave Bohemia its name – Boii – and now it cannot be overstated how entertained they are by it.

More like 450.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Getting vibes from that Napoleonic game they made, not gonna buy anyway their DLC policy is repugnant.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I am okay with this, I certainly didn't expect it. I was sure they'd do Vicky instead since EU:Rome is less known.

I hope the Tribesmen are there for the various groups of people Romans invited to settle depopulated or new lands and add extra manpower for their side of a civil war, rather than just as a weaker variation of Freemen or such. If there were such a mobile pop it'd actually be pretty interesting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom