Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Imperator: Rome - the new grand strategy from Paradox

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Well that and Tencent being involved doesn't bode well for them either. All the more reason to NOT give them your money.
That is where the spyware part comes in. Watch out guys,you should read all that garbage when hitting play. It ask your permission to gather your data and shit.

Rodcocker

Arbiter
I'm glad I checked out on this game over a year ago. I remember playing the original EU: Rome, and while it had many problems, I could see the potential for an absolutely amazing game there.

That game will never arrive. I'm laughing my ass off in all honestly. This should have been a golden ticket game for Paradox. Wtf happened.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Peak Players 24,261
That is strange last night i saw that it was like 45,000 in game players.

Also steam is ripping them a new asshole :lol:.

hcy1WKk.png

Martyr

Arcane
Peak Players 24,261

hcy1WKk.png

I love how all the negative reviews go into detail on what's wrong with that game and the few positive reviews are like
- (product received for free) .
- its a good game
- yeah its pretty good ya know
:lol: :lol: :lol:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Paradox is streaming on Steam/Twitch. In full damage control mode. Lots of sighing. Swearing that they will fix everything before releasing an expansion.

xj66oQA.png

Their smile and their optimism gone.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Paradox is streaming on Steam/Twitch. In full damage control mode. Lots of sighing. Swearing that they will fix everything before releasing an expansion.

xj66oQA.png

Their smile and their optimism gone.

They must have known what state the game was in right now, so fuck 'em. The game could have used another 6 months in development to add shit but that's not how Paradox operates, is it?
I fully expect DLC for every culture and specific nations. 15€ a pop.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Peak Players 24,261

hcy1WKk.png

I love how all the negative reviews go into detail on what's wrong with that game and the few positive reviews are like
- (product received for free) .
- its a good game
- yeah its pretty good ya know
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The one with "received for free" and a dot for a review is the best. This garbage is getting fucked everywhere,certainly is more fun than playing the game.

Hey everyone,

With Imperator: Rome, a project very close to our hearts, now released and finally in the hands of our awesome community (that’s you!), we have been taking the time to look at the feedback you’ve provided. As always, we pride ourselves on the continued support of our games and by no means will Imperator be different.

We are working towards releasing a 1.0.1 patch early next week, which we’re calling ‘Demetrius’. This patch will improve the AI, fix compatibility issues, game crashes, some multiplayer out-of-syncs, and will also contain some performance improvements.

At the same time, we have been looking at all the feedback from play-testing, our Twitch and YouTube communities, and the press for the past month and a half as we prepared for release. Now we are adding all of your feedback from Steam, the forums, and social media to that! With it, we have begun developing a major patch which is aimed for release in June.

This 1.1 patch is nicknamed ‘Pompey’ internally. We will go into more detail with upcoming development diaries before it’s released. Pompey will cover the following topics:

• Balancing of Technology Progress, Mercenaries, Shattered Retreat, Truce Breaking, Assassinations, Governors, War Exhaustion, and Legitimacy.
  • Improving the mechanics for Population Growth, Stability, and Barbarians.
  • Tweaks to Civil War mechanics, with new power-base mechanics.
  • Naval rework, with Naval Combat mechanics and multiple ship types, as well as navigable major rivers.
  • Deeper Holding mechanics for characters, where you can give characters holdings and they can purchase new ones as they grow in wealth.
  • More character interactions.
  • New Piracy mechanics.
  • Redesigning of functionality where instead of spending power for an instant result, you now spend power to nudge it towards that result over time.
  • Better abilities to play tall, including centralising trade, impacting specific cities, etc.
  • Tribes being able to decide what units their retinues should have.
  • Dual Ruler mechanics for Roman Republic, and Consorts for Monarchies.
  • Government Abilities for all government categories.
  • ‘Quality of Life’ features like viewing all characters in a foreign country, new alerts, road building being a continuous action, and more.
  • Adding of features from previous PDS games like moving capitals and regnal numbers on monarchs
    Much more modding support.

Whilst we have already started towards patch 1.1, we will continue to look at fixing any major issues that come up between now and then as well.

the_road_ahead.png

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
You know, they could have just declared their game to be Early Access and the negative impact would have been much more manageable.

Parabalus

Arcane
PCGamer gave this 92/100

:happytrollboy:

Is Gathering Storm a better purchase than this?

Civ6 is infinitely more complex than this garbage. I don't know what Paradox were thinking honestly. They wanted to broaden their market to a more general audience I guess? They just didn't realise that will just push to game into a no-man's-land in which it appeals to neither core audience to or actually truly casual audience who simply don't like to play map painting games.

Both this and nu-Civ are strategic popamole mana shitfests.

Civ6 city building (districts) is waay more complex than 1-5.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Because they released the game on GOG day 1?

(I wouldn't be surprised if those pirates have set up some automated system that directly downloads games from GOG to their servers.)
Normal pirates are releasing cracked Steam stuff even when there is GOG version. If someone is releasing GOG version, it's typically normal users. There are also mechanisms that allow user pay only for base game, and play DLC for free.

Mechanisms for auto sharing of GOG releases disappeared after both competitors got mental trauma, posted personal papers photo of each other on internet, and ran away with whole site. One deleted domain and front end, the other sold site to some asshole that alters installers (and I don't remember if he was caught only with bitcoin miners, or something nastier).

Considering what I seen as theirs photos, I'd say better when they did decently piracy, than selling drugs.

AgentFransis

Cipher
Patron
Guys I think we missed the meta joke here. Paradox is a great empire led by an absolute emperor. It still dominates the known world of grand strategy games but it's been in decline for a long time now, growing decadent and corrupt in it's success. Addicted to gladiatorial games and orgies (office MP). It's ripe to be broken down and conquered by hungry newcomers. Also it's capital of Stockholm is being raided by barbarians.

:happytrollboy:

razvedchiki

Erudite
then a new line of imperial emprhas came,deposing in a coup the last emphra from the universaliroum line Johan III the Mana giver.
the new emphras came from the field of glory/AOGEOD legions,full of turn basiness and military virtue they crushed in a series of shift and desicive turn based battles the hordes of casul barbarians who threaten the stability of the Grand Strategy empire.

will the new vigorous emperors repel the casuls once and for all?

Zeriel

Arcane
I really don't get Johan. Guy made EU3, and now he's on the mana train. Is this what money does to your brain, or does he genuinely drink the "simplification is better gameplay" koolaid?

The resource use of the game does seem good though. The problem is the stutter that doesn't make any sense.

The way Paradox games work they're basically not being played/doing anything when paused, though. So the performance when paused and scrolling around is meaningless, its like using a console command to freeze all functions and timescale in an FPS and then saying the performance is pretty good when the game is literally doing no computations, and rendering nothing new.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Guys I think we missed the meta joke here. Paradox is a great empire led by an absolute emperor. It still dominates the known world of grand strategy games but it's been in decline for a long time now, growing decadent and corrupt in it's success.

I never understood the thing about Paradox games. Ever since the first time I saw EU in 2001.

You stare at an ugly map full of unnecessary gimmicks and butt ugly sprites and take over the whole world with Albania. It's like a football manager game.

Meanwhile the Ageod games had real units, real logistics and real historic people. they just get a bit long in the tooth because everything is limited to a few years in a particular war. But it actually feels like war.

The only good thing about Paradox I can think of is that they are open ended. They are the Skyrim of strategy games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom