Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Imperator: Rome - the new grand strategy from Paradox

a cut of domestic sheep prime

You know, they could have just declared their game to be Early Access and the negative impact would have been much more manageable.
I get the feeling that they thought most normies would just roll over and go along with it and that they could improve it overtime like all their other games.

But it's so light on content that there's nothing to distract from its glaring problems.

Oh well, at least someone made Rome white again. :salute:

Phb2g5o.png
the fire rises.

also lmao at that jewish KANG

LizardWizard

Cipher
I really don't get Johan. Guy made EU3, and now he's on the mana train. Is this what money does to your brain, or does he genuinely drink the "simplification is better gameplay" koolaid?.

nGG5n61h.jpg

Johan has been a corporate reptile for awhile now. Probably dreams about being cucked by Gabe

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Johan has been a corporate reptile for awhile now

He should have stayed a programmer. He is a lazy, uninspired game dev. We now have the perfect evidence of this, he brought the worst aspects of EU4 across to I:R - Magical Mana + instant win buttons to fix everything, garbage combat, etc. And the stuff they yoinked from their other titles is watered down, badly implemented. Johan is truly a hack and I:R is a stinking turd and a calculated minimum viable product they know will provide years of DLC revenue, because the general gaming public are mongoloid sheeples more interested in Youtube meme videos than compelling gameplay.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
Game is fucking brilliant and magnificent, can't stop playing .
Leave your bad comments aside and try to play and have fun.
It's like mix of Amiga Centurion with Total War and Crusader Kings plus Civilization and some EU.
So for fuck sake, fuck off from all Paradox great strategy games as they are just instant classic and enjoy new title in their portfolio.

Imperator is great BIGGUS DICKUS game worth of every penny and every minute of Yor time. Play and praise history!

:incline::incline:

Last edited:

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stop-ruiing-your-games.1171207
So, I have been playing Imperator for a day or so now, and I really like it. I check the steam discussions page, and Paradox already has 'patches' in the works. STOP IT! You totally ruined Stellaristhat way. I loved Stellaris when it released. It is not the same game anymore and I refuse to play it. I:R is just fine As It IS NOW. I hope I can block any dumb patches released for it. Grrr….. .

bonus:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...historic-nonsense-please-change-this.1171269/

I do agree about Stellaris though, the change to hyperlanes/hyperdrive only made me fucking drop that shit like an ugly baby
Agenda acknowledged, but unless you picked only one type of FTL, at the start, the game balance was non-existent and that's probably why they chose to simplify it.

Warp was pathetic and jumpgates either gave a tremendous advantage or a tremendous disadvantage, depending on the situation.

Still, the ridiculous thing about that post is that IR is BROKEN and needs to be patched.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Game is fucking brilliant and magnificent, can't stop playing .
Leave your bad comments aside and try to play and have fun.
It's like mix of Amiga Centurion with Total War and Crusader Kings plus Civilization and some EU.
So for fuck sake, fuck off from all Paradox great strategy games as they are just instant classic and enjoy new title in their portfolio.

Imperator is great BIGGUS DICKUS game worth of every penny and every minute of Yor time. Play and praise history!

:incline::incline:

Life of Brian mod when? I'm already triggered by seeing the use of the word "lead" instead of "led"

protip non-Anglo fags, THE PAST PARTICIPLE OF "TO LEAD" is "LED"

Hoggypare

Savant
On a totally unrelated note, field of glory II is discounted on gog

You know, just in case someone might have been interested in a competently made strategy game in an ancient setting (especially as it can serve as battle engine for the next AGEod grand strategy title).

So I clicked on the profile of the guy that defended the Romans being blacked and who also authored the We Wuz Kangz mod to make Egyptians black.

Turns out he is actually some kind of fedora, fat white guy with a fetish for African culture.

He likes to write about "sexy African women" and draws dinosaurs.

caution, high sanity loss:
http://archive.is/wh0zg
http://archive.is/lFnIv
http://archive.is/kcVK4
"Brandon Pilcher is a fantasy writer and artist who lives in Fallbrook, CA. His passions include dinosaurs, ancient history, anthropology, and sexy African warrior heroines."

8wFfDYm.jpg

2m0mw8K.jpg

ajB6msf.png

This is the face of one of the guys who thinks Paradox's Romans look just fine. Just saying.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZeniBot

Cipher
Watching people playing this game. "right we've gotten past all the annoying shit now, we're getting to the point where I can take on Rome" *game suddenly ends*
Game is absolute shit. I'm actually shocked at how little scope this title had. Even the original EU:Rome could still simulate the later Roman empire- well I mean by using the Timestamps, I'm pretty certain its almost impossible with the start timestamp. This game can't you'd be lucky to even take Gaul by the date end.

Last edited:

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Even the original EU:Rome could still simulate the later Roman empire- well I mean by using the Timestamps, I'm pretty certain its almost impossible with the start timestamp. This game can't you'd be lucky to even take Gaul by the date end.

Just one more decline with Paradox getting rid of alternate start dates, I always enjoyed having different starts.

Tigranes

Arcane
Watching people playing this game. "right we've gotten past all the annoying shit now, we're getting to the point where I can take on Rome" *game suddenly ends*
Game is absolute shit. I'm actually shocked at how little scope this title had. Even the original EU:Rome could still simulate the later Roman empire- well I mean by using the Timestamps, I'm pretty certain its almost impossible with the start timestamp. This game can't you'd be lucky to even take Gaul by the date end.

Uh what? I've been reading about the opposite problem, where it's so easy to mana your way to superquick conquest

Zeriel

Arcane
Yeah if anything I suspect the short duration of the game came about when they realized their mechanics saw players take over the entire map regularly if it lasted more than 200~ years.

ZeniBot

Cipher
Uh what? I've been reading about the opposite problem, where it's so easy to mana your way to superquick conquest

Tbh I think its because people are scared of aggressive expansion. I reckon once they figure out what the limits are on it, you'll see world conquests becoming much faster, at this stage I keep seeing people getting stuck in civil wars because they expanded too fast and have to keep doing internal housekeeping. The Civil War and Rebellion mechanics are the worst and so you see a lot of holding back because of how bad these mechanics are, people are trying to avoid them so their expansion is slow.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom